Agile is the tallest of the X-Hunters, standing around the height of Sigma himself. His armor is predominantly purple in color and is made to resemble a sharp coat, possessing two tails and large shoulderpads. His helmet is also designed to resemble a hat of sorts, coming to three individual points at the top. Like all the X-Hunters, his feet have tips that point upwards. He also possesses an alternate form where he transforms into a hovercraft of sorts, with only his head and shoulderpads remaining.
Agile is described as the charisma of the X-Hunters. He is characterized by his fast movement and expertly wielded beam-sword, and (in the Japanese version) his polite speech pattern and collected personality. His role in the organization is as a spy to discover enemy secrets and as an acting combat commander, taking the forefront on battles.
Nothing is known of Agile's past. He is part of the X-Hunters, who took over Sigma's rebellion in his absence to keep up the fight. The rebellion laid low at first, quietly analyzing X and the Maverick Hunters while researching and repairing the parts of Zero recovered from the last battle. However, without Zero's control chip they could not fully resurrect him.
Six months after Sigma's defeat, the Maverick Hunters raid an old factory that is mass-producing weapons and Mechaniloids for the Maverick army. The X-Hunters watch the attack from afar in their Arctic fortress, affirming that they will not underestimate X.
After X destroys two of the eight Mavericks, Agile and the X-Hunters grow anxious. They challenge X to a series of duels, using the rebuilt parts of Zero's body as bait. Agile is the first of the X-Hunters to stop awaiting X's arrival among the stages, but if X defeats him before he leaves, he will relinquish one third of Zero's body - his lower body - before retreating.
Agile reappears as the boss of X-Hunter Stage 3 to challenge X again, this time in his Agile Flyer form. However, he is defeated, and before his demise he cries out for his master, Sigma, to avenge him, revealing that they indeed resurrected him.
When first encountering him in one of the hidden rooms, he acts as his name implies, dashing along the ground and attacking with a series of lightning-fast slashes. Agile is easy to manipulate in this battle; the best strategy is to cling high on the wall, drop down to avoid his saber's crescent beam, attack (the X-Buster will suffice), and then quickly climb back up, and repeat. His weakness in this battle is the Magnet Mine.
- Dash (突進): Agile dashes along the ground, slashing with his beam saber as he goes.
- Shockwave (衝撃波): Agile performs a rising uppercut with his beam saber, sending a shockwave across the room. Its height depends on the player's vertical position.
For Agile's second and final encounter in the third X-Hunter Stage, he appears in a flight-type form known as Agile Flyer (アジールフライヤー) at the top of the room. Agile will hold his position at the top of the screen, erratically moving from side to side while raining attacks down on the player. Magnet Mine (fully charged or not) is the best weapon to use in this battle, as it can be aimed up to his position; it's also good for countering the missiles. Another effective weapon against Agile is the Shoryuken found in the stage.
- Block + Electric Shock (ブロック+電撃): Agile extends spiked blocks out of his sides, which create electricity before falling to the ground upon reaching the walls. This effectively raises the floor of the arena.
- Body Blow (体当たり): Agile moves from side to side, attempting to hit the player.
- Missile (ミサイル): Agile fires missiles, which fly into the room from the background.
- Agile, along with the other X-Hunters, makes a short cameo appearance in the opening scene of the Sega Saturn, PlayStation, and PC versions of Mega Man X3.
- The X-Hunters also make a cameo appearance in the opening cutscene of Mega Man X5.
- One of Phoenix Magnion's attacks in Mega Man Zero 2 uses an image of Agile.
- Agile appeared in Battle Memory from Rockman Xover.
- Agile appeared as an unit card in TEPPEN.
- Power: 9800rp
- Speed: 17800rp
- "We won't make the same mistake. He is powerful, but he is blind to what is happening around him."
- "Yes. How is the plan proceeding?"
- "We have little time. We must finish construction on schedule. We must hurry..."
- "I see now why Sigma fell at the hands of Mega Man X. He is quite formidable."
- "We look forward to meeting you, X!"
- "Welcome X. Your destruction is at hand!" (First encounter, pre-battle.)
- "I may have failed, but you will never live to see Zero!" (Defeated, but escapes.)
- "NO!! This cannot be!!! Master, avenge me!" (Final encounter, defeated.)
Rockman X2 manga
|This section requires expansion.|
Agile appeared in the manga.
- "Agile" is actually a French word (though having the same meaning as it does in English), pronounced "AAH-zheel". The other X Hunters also share this naming convention.
- Though Agile's second form can be defeated with any weapon, the Giga Attack and the Magnet Mine are the most effective. Also, the Shoryuken, which is conveniently hidden in his very stage, can directly reach upwards to him thus defeat him in one hit.
- In the Japanese version, when defeated, Agile explicitly refers to Sigma by name when begging to be avenged. The English version merely has him say "master", presumably to better hide Sigma's role in the events of the game until after the Boss Rush.
|Mega Man X2|
|List of Mavericks|
|Overdrive Ostrich • Wire Sponge • Wheel Gator • Bubble Crab • Flame Stag • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Crystal Snail|
|Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0 • Violen • Serges • Agile • Zero • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Sonic Slicer • Strike Chain • Spin Wheel • Bubble Splash • Speed Burner • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Crystal Hunter |
- Other -
Giga Crush • Shoryuken
|Maverick Factory Stage • Desert Base Stage • Weather Control Stage • Dinosaur Tank Stage • Deep-Sea Base Stage • Volcanic Zone Stage • Robot Junkyard Stage • Central Computer Stage • Energen Crystal Stage • X-Hunter Stage|
|Armor Parts • Damage Data Chart • Mega Man X2 Script|