The Armor Parts, also known unofficially as the Second Armor by fans, is the second armor set that Mega Man X obtains from Light Capsules in the Mega Man X series. It made its first appearance in Mega Man X2, and made subsequent appearances in other games, such as Mega Man Xtreme 2.
- Head Part: The Item Tracer is made available. X sends out a cursor, which zooms to concealed passages and items. Interestingly, although the Item Tracer has an unlimited number of uses, it displays an ammo gauge while equipped. In Mega Man Xtreme 2, this just grants X the ability of breaking bricks with his head.
- Body Part: Enables the "Giga Crush" technique; as X takes damage, a gauge fills. When this gauge is completely full, X can use the aforementioned attack, which damages all enemies on screen. All energy is used after the attack, and unlike X's normal weapons, it doesn't refill after completing a stage. Additionally, X receives only 50% of the damage normally taken.
- Arm Part: X gains a second X-Buster, and can attain four charge levels. When the third is reached, X fires out super-shots from each buster, though the shots cannot be crossed as they do in Mega Man X3. It also allows him to charge special weapons. In Mega Man Xtreme 2, it acts more like the Arm Parts from Mega Man X3.
- Foot Parts: X can perform an air-dash technique. However, he cannot utilize both an air-dash and a dash jump in the same jump. In Mega Man Xtreme 2, it also allows an upwards dash.
- Shoryuken: Like the Hadouken from the first game, this is a hidden bonus available after gathering all upgrades. This grants X a flaming uppercut that he can use at full strength and is able to one-hit kill almost any enemy.
Location of Armor Parts
Mega Man X2 locations:
|Energen Crystal Stage (Crystal Snail)|
|After passing through the sub-boss, Magna Quartz, and dashing through the downhill section, slide down the left wall on the first pit to find a hidden passage with the capsule in it.|
|Robot Scrap Stage (Morph Moth)|
|Near the beginning of the stage, just after entering the building, use the Spin Wheel to cut through a portion of the floor. The Item Tracer from the Head Parts will make this easier by showing the exact position.|
|Desert Base Stage (Overdrive Ostrich)|
|Perform a dash jump to reach a ledge above the last hallway leading to the missile room. Use the Spin Wheel to destroy the blocks in the way.|
|Dinosaur Tank Stage (Wheel Gator)|
|In the first vertical passage upon entering the tank, on the top of a vertical beam jutting out of the ceiling. There are four methods to reach it, with varying difficulty:
Mega Man Xtreme 2 locations:
|Head Parts||Jungle Stage|
|Visible in the end of the area with platforms. Is blocked by a tree trunk that can be destroyed with Fire Wave.|
|Body Parts||Ocean Base Stage|
|It can be found by destroying Cruiziler to open a path under it and fighting the Utuboros guarding it, in the same spot as the Life Up in Mega Man X.|
|Arm Parts||Factory Stage|
|Same location as in Mega Man X. Shortly after the initial conveyor belt section, a section of breakable blocks can be seen in the ceiling. Requires the Head Parts to break them.|
|Foot Parts||Hydroelectric Plant Stage|
|In the first vertical area, keep climbing all the way to the top to find the capsule.|
- Although it might be a glitch, the leg upgrade in the SNES version gives X the ability to jump on water. The same goes for the Third Armor.
- In the manga adaptation of Mega Man X2, the second armor is heavily damaged in the battle against the X-Hunters and a brainwashed Zero, causing X to discard the armor piece by piece as they're left unusable. X eventually reverts to his original armor during the fight with Zero, and wears it into the battle against Neo Sigma.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, when X uses his hyper combo "Armor of Light" his "Full-Power Charge Shot" hyper combo changes into the "Double Charge Shot," which is something that started with his second armor.
- Model X from Mega Man ZX is also able to use a double charge shot.
|Mega Man X Series Armors and Power-ups|
| Armor Parts (Mega Man X) • Armor Parts (Mega Man X2) • Armor Parts (Mega Man X3) • Fourth Armor • Falcon Armor • Gaea Armor|
Blade Armor • Shadow Armor • Glide Armor • Neutral Armor (Icarus Armor • Hermes Armor) • Ultimate Armor
|Black Zero • White Axl|
|Rockman X Mega Mission armors|
|Clear Armor • Replicapture • Energy Armor • Neo Armor • Giga Armor • X Armor • All X Armor|
|X's armors • Zero's Forms • Hyper Mode|
|Mega Man X2|
|List of Mavericks|
|Overdrive Ostrich • Wire Sponge • Wheel Gator • Bubble Crab • Flame Stag • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Crystal Snail|
|Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0 • Violen • Serges • Agile • Zero • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Sonic Slicer • Strike Chain • Spin Wheel • Bubble Splash • Speed Burner • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Crystal Hunter |
- Other -
Giga Crush • Shoryuken
|Armor Parts • Damage Data Chart • Mega Man X2 Script|