Armor Soldier (アーマーソルジャー Āmā Sorujā) is a military Reploid served as the lowest rank soldier from Mega Man X and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, assisting Sigma's rebellion by using a Ride Armor to cause destruction.
Armor Soldiers appear in Chill Penguin's stage, Sting Chameleon's stage, and the second Sigma Stage. If X approaches an Armor Soldier's spawn point without a Ride Armor, it will be standing nearby its own Ride Armor, looking back and forth for targets. It is possible in this instance for X to dash quickly and steal their Ride Armor, or destroy it outright with a Charge Shot. If its Ride Armor is stolen, it will attack by standing still and firing occasional buster shots. If X approaches an Armor Soldier with a Ride Armor, it will appear inside its own Ride Armor.
- In Mega Man X DiVE, an Armor Soldier appears in Sigma's introduction from the Character menu.
- Armor Soldiers appeared as enemies in Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2, where they are named Ride Armors.
- Armor Soldier appeared as an unit card in TEPPEN.
Rockman X manga
Two Armor Soldiers piloted Ride Armors in the area controlled by Chill Penguin. One of them made a surprise attack to X, nearly defeating him, but X managed to defeat the pilot and took over the Ride Armor to fight the other Armor Soldier. During the fight, X left his Ride Armor and pointed the X-Buster to the soldier, but offered him a chance to live if he abandoned Sigma. The soldier accepted and escaped, while X destroyed the Ride Armors.
- Armor Soldier outside and inside the Ride Armor is considered a different enemy according to Compendium of Rockman X: Armor Soldier being him outside and Ride Armor (ライドアーマー) inside the armor. Additionally, this enemy is named "Ride Armor" in the Project X Zone series. However, this naming is uncommon (being called Armor Soldier in most sources, regardless of the condition) and is avoided in the wiki to avert confusion with Ride Armor, a different enemy from Mega Man Xtreme 2.
- In Sigma's character displaying animation from the game Rockman X DiVE, he destroys several enemies before stabbing "X" in the chest. After "X" is killed, it is revealed this is actually an Armor Soldier somehow with copy ability, like a New Generation Reploid does as seen in Mega Man X8 (Guardroid).
- Rideroid G - another Reploid that acts like Armor Soldiers in Mega Man X2
- Rockman & Rockman X Daizukan page 19
|Mega Man X|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Armored Armadillo • Launch Octopus |
Boomer Kuwanger • Sting Chameleon • Storm Eagle • Flame Mammoth
|Vile • Bospider • Rangda Bangda • D-Rex • Velguarder • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Rolling Shield • Homing Torpedo |
Boomerang Cutter • Chameleon Sting • Storm Tornado • Fire Wave
|Armor Parts • Mega Man X Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X enemies • Damage Data Chart • Script|