Aztec Falcon, known as Aztefalcon (アステファルコン Asutefarukon) in Japan, is a character from the Mega Man Zero series. Aztec Falcon is a Mutos Reploid based on a falcon and is a member of Sage Harpuia's Strong Air Battalion. Aztec Falcon acts as warden and executioner to all Reploids accused of being Mavericks. Under Copy X's harsh laws governing Reploids in the wake of the energy crisis, there are no known cases of a Reploid being judged innocent and released once they have been arrested.
In Mega Man Zero, Aztec Falcon is the boss of the second mission. He was sent by Harpuia to the Disposal Center to dispose of the "Mavericks" there, and thought that Zero was one of them. Ciel asked Zero to destroy the Disposal Center and save a captured Resistance soldier, and defeats Aztec Falcon.
Aztec Falcon's arms are two big lightning rods, from which he shoots lightning arrows and, at A or S rank, can electrifies the floor with his EX Skill. He can also open his arm, which then acts as a magnet and drags Zero towards him. This boss also has a time limit to defeat him before the captive Reploids are killed by the compressor.
Defeating Aztec Falcon in Mega Man Zero earns Zero the Thunder Chip.
- Dash - Aztec Falcon dashes constantly.
- Attract and Slam - Aztec Falcon will use one of his arms to create magnet and try to attract Zero towards him. If successful, he will hit Zero.
- Arrow - While on the ground, Aztec Falcon will fire a series of four electric arrows, alternating their height.
- Triple Arrow - Aztec Falcon will run to a wall, and cling to it whilst firing three electric arrows once.
- EX Skill: Lightning Fall (ライトニングフォール) - Aztec Falcon falls to the center of the room and electrifies the floor.
A Mutos Reploid under Harpuia's command. Aztec Falcon acts as warden and executioner to all Reploids accused of being Mavericks. Under Copy X's harsh laws governing Reploids in the wake of the energy crisis, there are no known cases of a Reploid being judged innocent and released once they have been arrested.
In the manga, Aztec Falcon is sent by Harpuia to fight against Zero so Harpuia could analyze Zero and plan a strategy before he fights him. Aztec was killed by Zero, and Harpuia didn't care. This version of Aztec Falcon is cowardly, comical, and has a mouth.
- Aztec Falcon has a cameo appearance in Mega Man ZX as one of the mounts in the carousel ride of Area H.
- Aztec Falcon is the first Mutos Reploid boss in the Mega Man Zero series.
- Aztec Falcon is the only Mutos Reploid who Zero fights only once throughout the entire series.
- While it is impossible to own an Elemental Chip prior to fighting him, using a cheating device reveals that he is weak against ice.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth