- "This is my destiny!"
- —Bad Box Art Mega Man, Street Fighter X Tekken
Video game appearances
Bad Box Art Mega Man was planned to appear as a playable character in the cancelled game Mega Man Universe. Each Mega Man in the game would have different abilities, the only difference revealed is that Bad Box Art Mega Man could fire only two shots at time instead of three.
This Mega Man also appeared in the Short-Circuits short story from the first issue of Archie's Mega Man comic series that is used to give the comic's address and e-mail for contact. In the comic Dr. Light finished changing Rock into Mega Man, but he says that the upgrade process wasn't pretty, Mega Man being shown with the same appearance of the Bad Box Art Mega Man.
Street Fighter X Tekken biography
- Mega Man
- Middle Aged Hero!
Known as a Digger, a person who digs up relics from the past for research. He is a hot-tempered man, but has a strong sense of justice and is also very polite. His weak point is that he is easily rattled when backed into a corner. He is always running around in a hurry due to the demands of his partner Roll, and this time he's been asked to travel to Antarctica to retrieve a mysterious box.
Bad Box Art Mega Man's prologue from Street Fighter X Tekken
- In an interview, Yoshiro Ono, the producer of Street Fighter X Tekken, states that the reason behind including Bad Box Art Mega Man and his highly exaggerated appearance, instead of any other version, was due to Keiji Inafune's wishes. Ono said that when he asked the Mega Man creator, Keiji Inafune, about including Rockman in Street Fighter X Tekken, Inafune said "that's not interesting, we have seen Mega Man in fighting games before" and then asked Ono to give him "something original". Ono then decided to use the Mega Man from the "awful" North American box art from the first Mega Man game and "make it even wackier" by presuming that Mega Man has aged since his picture was taken and used in the US box art 25 years ago. Ono said that Inafune "loved the idea" and that was what lead to his inclusion.
- Ono included some elements from the Mega Man Legends series into the backstory of Street Fighter X Tekken's Bad Box Art Mega Man, like Mega Man and Roll being human, Mega Man's job as a Digger, and Roll's somewhat bossy personality.
- ↑ Mega Man Universe Bad Box Art Trailer
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Mega Man Universe Details From PAX
- ↑ Street Fighter X Tekken Pacman and Megaman Trailer
- ↑ Mega Man and Pac Man exclusive to Sony in 'Street Fighter X Tekken'
- ↑ Street Fighter X Tekken official site
- ↑ Street Fighter X Tekken Interviews Yoshinori Ono & Seth Killian
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Yoshinori Ono Talks SFxT's Mega Man