Beast Out is when MegaMan.EXE absorbs a Cybeast, either Falzar or Gregar, to become Falzar/Gregar Beast MegaMan. These transformations appear in the games MegaMan Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar/Gregar, and the animes Rockman EXE Beast and Beast+.
MegaMan can also Cross Fuse (similar to Double Soul, but how long it lasts is determined differently) with Beast Out to form a Cross Beast. Both of these forms possess great might, and can be used effectively to easily delete bosses earlier in the game, and later as a strategic advantage for more formidable bosses.
In the games
After Beast Out is introduced, it can be triggered by using the "Beast Button", located just below the "OK" button on the Custom Screen. A counter appears in MegaMan's emotion window - this shows how many turns his Beast Out will last if used. Battling without initiating Beast Out will refill the counter by 1, up to a maximum of 3.
During Beast Out, MegaMan gains several abilities, inclusive of a rapid-fire buster, and chips being auto-targeted so short-range chips become more useful. He can also charge non-elemental chips to unleash the Beast Out's special attack. When used with a Cross, this forms a Cross Beast, with the benefits given by the Cross and the Cross Beast having its own unique special attack. Beast Out can also utilize Full Synchro.
Taking form of the Cybeast Gregar, MegaMan gains an extremely fast-firing buster, along with Super Armor, allowing him to execute attacks without the worry of being interrupted by taking a hit. Non-elemental, non-dimming chips gain +30 damage, and the chip charge attack is a double claw slash that hits for 60 damage each, increasing by 10 damage for each increase in Buster attack.
Gregar Beast Out also gains access to the following Cross Beasts:
- Heat Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Great Fire, that hits a panel ahead of MegaMan in addition to the next 2x3 area ahead of that for 80 fire damage, increasing by 30 damage for each increase in Buster rank.
- Elec Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Big Thunder, that hits a panel ahead of MegaMan in addition to the next 2x3 area ahead of that for 70 paralyzing elec damage, increasing by 30 damage for each increase in Buster rank. This attack also cracks the panels it hits.
- Slash Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Slash-X, hitting in an X formation for 80 sword damage, increasing by 30 damage for each increase in Buster rank. If the locked-on enemy is in line with MegaMan, he will hit it for double damage, otherwise MegaMan will just move forward enough that the edge of the X hits the locked-on enemy.
- Erase Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Killer Tail Arrow, hitting the locked-on enemy for 100 cursor damage, increasing by 30 damage for each increase in Buster rank. It induces HP bugs in the target, similar to Erase Cross's HP-Bug property.
- Charge Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Charge Bite, which first stuns all enemies before dealing 100 fire damage to the locked-on enemy, increasing by 30 damage for each increase in Buster rank.
Taking form of the Cybeast Falzar, MegaMan gains a fast-firing buster that fires down his entire row along with covering two columns of two rows beside, along with Air Shoes and Float Shoes, allowing him to move over any panel without harmful side effects. Non-elemental, non-dimming chips gain +30 damage, and the chip charge attack is a double claw slash that hits for 60 damage each, increasing by 10 damage for each increase in Buster attack.
Falzer Beast Out also gains access to the following Cross Beasts:
- Aqua Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Aqua Spiral, that hits the two panels ahead five times for 20 aqua damage each, increasing by 10 damage for each increase in Buster rank.
- Tengu Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Tengu Storm, that hits in a T-shape formation for 50 wind damage, increasing by 20 damage for each increase in Buster rank. This attack hits three times at the end column of the T.
- Tomahawk Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Wing Boomerang, circumventing the perimeter of the battlefield for two hits of 70 wood damage each, increasing by 20 damage for each increase in Buster rank.
- Ground Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Drill Drive, hitting all enemies down the row twice for 110 breaking damage each, increasing by 20 damage for each increase in Buster rank. MegaMan is invincible during this attacks execution.
- Dust Beast: Chip charge attack becomes Dust Shoot, hitting six random panels in front of MegaMan for 100 breaking damage each, increasing by 20 damage for each increase in Buster rank. This attack also cracks the panels it hits. Also, MegaMan leaps into the air while executing this attack, so he can't be hit.
When a Beast Out or Cross Beast expires due to the emotion counter running out, MegaMan enters a "Tired" state. In this state, he cannot achieve Full Synchro at all (though he can still use Crosses), and attemping to initiate Beast Out a second time will instead trigger Beast Over.
In this state, MegaMan becomes fully uncontrollable for the following turn, becoming invincible and randomly jumping about, firing the buster, and using loaded chips with double the attack power. When the Custom Gauge fills, Beast Over immediately expires, forcing MegaMan into an "Exhausted" state, where his Buster stats are reduced to 1 each, receives an HP bug which rapidly removes health at a quickened pace (to the point where MegaMan can have 1 HP before the custom bar can fill the following turn), and cannot enter any other emotional states.
Note that Beast Over cannot be initiated if MegaMan enters a battle in the Tired state.
In the anime
In Beast, MegaMan's Beast Out can only be triggered when he is in a dangerous situation while Trill is around. The Beast Out transformation cannot be controlled, sending MegaMan on a rampage, attacking both friend and foe until the transformation is forcefully canceled or calmed by Iris. In Beast+, MegaMan can utilize Beast Out through Beast Out chips, and in this state he can control the transformation. Also, with help from Trill, MegaMan and Lan (performing Cross Fusion to defeat Wily) can combine both Beast Outs to form the "Juuka Style" or "Double Beast Out", an invincible Cross Fusion MegaMan with the powers of both Cybeasts. The official name for this is called "Beast Out Cross Fusion MegaMan".
Gregar Cross Beasts
Falzar Cross Beasts
- When MegaMan.EXE fought Zero.EXE as Gregar Beast Out he did not have red eyes; this is because he used the Gregar Beast Out battle chip, which allows MegaMan to stay under control when Beasting Out.
- Ground Beast and Tengu Beast are the only 2 beast crosses from the same game (Mega Man and Bass) and ironically, are weak to each other's weapons (Tengu Man was weak to Ground Drill, which was Ground Man's weapon in Mega Man and Bass).
- The upper half of Juuka Style's head resembles Omega-Xis'.
- In RockMan.EXE Battle Chip Stadium, Bass can use the power of Falzar and Beast Out into Falzar Beast. It resembles MegaMan's version, but the head and body of Bass remain, except for the hands and feet, and he still has part of his cloak around his mouth and neck.
|Mega Man Battle Network Transformations|
|Beast Out • Cross Fusion • Cross MegaMan • Cross System • Double Soul/Chaos Unison • Style Change • Trans Arm|
|Chng.BAT • Dark Chip • Synchro Chips|