- "Don't think badly of me, Zero. I won't disobey Gate. I must pay for my past sins. Besides I have a new mission. You know what I mean. Let's fight!"
- ―Blizzard Wolfang, Mega Man X6
Blizzard Wolfang has the appearance of an ice-covered wolf. His armor is colored with light blues and icy whites, and he possesses the traits of a wolf such as a muzzle, tail, and claws. His head and claws were covered in jagged ice crystals, and he had Gate's signature rhombus-shaped gem in his forehead. In battle, he often moved on all-fours like an animal.
Blizzard Wolfang was a level-headed Reploid tormented by deep guilt for his past failures. He felt as though the only way to redeem himself was by following Gate's new orders. He apologized to X before their battle and tried to get Zero to understand his plight.
Wolfang was the leader of an investigation team stationed at the North Pole Area. One day, his team members were attacked by Mavericks and all were killed, except Wolfang, who was able to dispose of all the Mavericks himself. Researchers who opposed Gate took advantage of the incident and schemed to dispose of Wolfang under the justification that he had gone Maverick himself, deceiving Alia into throwing him into the cold sea, making it look like an accident. However, the Maverick Hunter Zero was aware of the truth behind his demise despite the coverup. In Mega Man X6 Gate revived Wolfang and made him part of his Nightmare investigation team. When confronted by the Maverick Hunters he asks them to not think badly of him, because he feels indebted to Gate and needs to pay for past sins.
Wolfang thus battles the Hunters out of his deep sense of loyalty to Gate, but they ultimately destroy him and he is killed for the final time. Wolfang seemed to be at peace at the end, as he said "Farewell..." to the Hunters before perishing.
- Blizzard Wolfang is fought alongside Morph Moth, Burn Dinorex and Dark Necrobat in three stages from the X Challenge in Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
- Blizzard Wolfang appeared as an unit card in TEPPEN.
- Blizzard Wolfang will stop, then fire Ice Bursts at the player. If playing as X, the Ice Bursts will be fired at an upward angle. If playing as Zero, they will be fired in a straight line in his direction. They can be destroyed.
- 1/2 health left: Blizzard Wolfang will high jump and stick to the ceiling.
- 1/2 health left: Blizzard Wolfang will fire a rapid succession of 4 Ice Bursts at the player (he will shout "Ice Fragment" before doing so).
- 1/2 health left: Blizzard Wolfang will dash across the ceiling. If playing against him at a higher boss level, icicles will be formed from his dash that will fall upon the player. They can be destroyed.
- 1/2 health left: Blizzard Wolfang will dash across the ground, forming icicles if playing against him at a higher boss level. They can be destroyed.
- 1/2 health left: Blizzard Wolfang will jump on the side of the wall, forming icicles if playing against him at a higher boss level. They can be destroyed.
Powers and abilities
- Rush Attack (突進攻撃) - Blizzard Wolfang gets on all fours, like a canine, and runs toward X or Zero. This is his most basic and common attack.
- Ice Burst (アイスバースト) - While on all fours, Blizzard Wolfang shoots one Ice Burst in an arc. Sometimes he shoots it at an upward angle, which breaks into smaller pieces when it hits the wall.
- Ice Fragment (アイスフラグメント) - A more powerful version of the Ice Burst. Blizzard Wolfang attaches himself to the upper part of the wall or ceiling and shoots a stream of Ice Bursts.
- Icicle Attack (unofficial name) - Blizzard Wolfang attaches himself to the ceiling, and creates a row of icicles either on the ceiling, or on the ground (depending on where X or Zero is). The Icicles on the ceiling are intentionally made to fall down on X or Zero. This only happens on Xtreme mode.
- Dash (ダッシュ) - Blizzard Wolfang gets back on his hind legs and dashes towards X or Zero either on the ground, on the ceiling, or in a diagonal pattern. If playing against him on Xtreme mode, icicles will be left behind from where he is dashing.
|Mate!||Wait!||Performing his Dash|
|Nigeru ka!||Don't run!||Performing his Dash|
|Aisufuragumento!||Ice Fragment!||Performing his Ice Fragment attack|
|Saraba...||Farewell...||When he is defeated|
When Playing as X
X: Are you the Nightmare investigator, Blizzard Wolfang?
Blizzard Wolfang: Yes. I came back for this important mission. An error cost me my men and problems for Gate. To add to that disgrace, Reploid Researchers trapped me and... Nevermind. What's done is done... This is my mission. I'm sorry but I will delete you! Maverick Hunter!
When Playing as Zero
Zero: Blizzard Wolfang, nice to see you...
Blizzard Wolfang: Zero! I heard that you returned.
Zero: I won't die so easily.
Blizzard Wolfang: Don't think badly of me, Zero. I won't disobey Gate. I must pay for my past sins. Besides I have a new mission. You know what I mean. Let's fight!
Zero: I have no choice. You will lose!
Blizzard Wolfang is part of Sigma's Maverick army in Worlds Unite. After taking part in an attack on the Sky Patrol, he departs for the world of Ōkami. However, his invasion is noticed by local defenders Amaterasu and Issun, who destroy him shortly after Sally Acorn and Wood Man arrive in pursuit.
|Mega Man X6|
|Commander Yammark • Ground Scaravich • Blaze Heatnix • Blizzard Wolfang • Rainy Turtloid |
Metal Shark Player • Shield Sheldon • Infinity Mijinion
|D-1000 • Zero Nightmare • Dynamo • Nightmare Mother • High Max • Gate • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Yammar Option • Ground Dash • Magma Blade • Ice Burst • Meteor Rain • Metal Anchor • Guard Shell • Ray Arrow|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Yammar Option • Sentsuizan • Shoenzan • Hyoroga • Ensuizan • Rakukojin • Guard Shell • Rekkoha|
|- Mega Man X -|
Falcon Armor • Blade Armor • Shadow Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
|Opening Stage • Amazon Area • Central Museum • Magma Area • North Pole Area • Inami Temple • Recycle Lab • Laser Institute • Weapon Center • Secret Lab|
|Walkthrough • Parts • Injured Reploids • List of Enemies |
Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) • Game Script (X's story) • Game Script (Zero's story)