- "Shoot Blast Man's very own sticky bombs! Connect up to four bombs via the red line for bigger blasts. Try it with the Power Gear active to unleash massive bombs!"
- ―Weapon description, Mega Man 11
Chain Blast (チェーンブラスト Chēn Burasuto) is Blast Man's Special Weapon in Mega Man 11. After obtaining it, Mega Man is able to throw bombs that float across the screen, sticking to enemies along the way. Multiple bombs can be chained together and detonated at once to create bigger explosions that deal more damage. Mega Man can either blow up the explosives instantly by pressing Down + Attack or wait until the explosives detonate on their own.
While the Power Gear is in effect, Mega Man is able to create much larger bombs than usual, which produce the maximum explosion size and damage by default.
Like all of the special weapons in the game, Chain Blast gives Mega Man new Head Gear and Arm Gear that alters his physical appearance when equipped, rather than just being a color swap. In this case, the Head Gear is a new helmet that resembles Blast Man's, but with smaller spikes than the ones on Blast Man's helmet. The Arm Gear mostly keeps Mega Man's hand intact, but slightly changes the appearance of his buster arm and adds a protective cover over his hand.
- Chain Blast shares some similarities to various explosive-based weapons from previous Mega Man games.
- It works similarly to Remote Mine as Mega Man can manually detonate the explosives.
- It's also similar to Danger Wrap in that it latches onto enemies before exploding, just as Danger Wrap encases enemies in a bubble along with a bomb inside the bubble.
- It also functions similarly to Magnet Mine as it sticks to enemies before detonation. However, unlike Magnet Mine, Chain Blast can only be thrown forward.
- The Power Gear variant resembles Battalion's weapon from Mighty No. 9; both weapons cause a large explosion upon contact without sticking to enemies.
- It also resembles Drill Bomb in functionality, although Drill Bomb's explosion is much smaller.
|Mega Man series|| Ballade Cracker • Black Hole Bomb • Bubble Bomb • Chain Blast • Commando Bomb • Crash Bomber • Danger Wrap |
Drill Bomb • Flash Bomb • Homing Sniper • Hyper Bomb • Magnet Missile • Napalm Bomb • Nuclear Detonator • Photon Missile • Remote Mine
|Mega Man X series||Bomb Bee • Explosion • Green Spinner • Magnet Mine • Parasitic Bomb|