Cubit Foxtar (キュービット・フォクスター Kyūbitto Fokusutā) is one of the bosses of Mega Man Zero 3. Foxtar is one of Weil's Numbers, and is based on kitsune, the nine-tailed fox. Cubit has nine remote control options to attack and can create flaming mirages, preferring to use strategy to defeat enemies instead of physical fights. He looks down on Tretista Kelverian and Deathtanz Mantisk with contempt due to their brutal fighting skills.
- Foxtar will double jump.
- Foxtar fights by turning himself into five fireballs dancing around the room.
- Foxtar will start throwing fireballs/and creating a wave of fireballs moving in a pattern.
- Foxtar also uses the EX Skill Fire Rain, in which he will move into the middle of the room and scatter fireballs, falling in a unique pattern.
Defeating Foxtar will give Zero the Double Jump leg chip and, if at A or S rank, the Soul Launcher ability.
Nickname: Hundred Thoughts Poisonous Fox (Hyakunen no Kodoku, 百念の狐毒)
EX skill: Fire Rain (火雨)
Cubit Foxtar jumps to the center of the room and launches two sets of flames into the air, which drop to the floor.
Mission: Search Facility
Zero's EX skill: Soul Launcher
- The name Cubit (Kyūbit) comes from Kyūbi, which is Japanese for nine-tails, and Foxtar a combination of fox and star.
- Also following the nine-tails legend, Foxtar is revealed to be a very effeminate male. This was revealed in Rockman Zero Remastered CD, Telos. These shape shifting spirits often took on the form of a beautiful woman to lure travelers off their path.
- In the English version of Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works, Foxtar is erroneously stated to be female.
- An image of Cubit Foxtar appears in Mega Man Zero 4 as one of Dr. Weil's first form attacks, using the Fire Rain attack, where Cubit releases six fireballs.
- Cubit Foxtar is misnamed as "Cubit Foxter" in the English Mega Man Zero 3 instruction manual.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth