Cyber Peacock was originally an AI that functioned as a protection program designed to stop hackers from infiltrating important computer systems. However, Sigma has rewritten his program to make him arrogant and vicious, making him indiscriminately attack anyone accessing the network.
Power and abilities
Cyber Peacock can teleport.
- Tracking Shot (追尾弾) - Peacock sends a reticle to the target and starts shooting seeking feather-liked energy projectiles via target-lock crosshairs. This may be the basis for X's Aiming Laser.
- Feather Attack (羽根攻撃) - All feathers in Cyber Peacock's tail extend at once in the form of large energy blades. This attack may be the basis for Zero's Rakuhouha.
- Rising Slash (斬り上げ) - Peacock teleports near his target and performs a rising slash.
In battle, Cyber Peacock will constantly teleport to the player's exact position and attempt to damage them via contact. If he isn't immediately attacked properly, Peacock will either extend his tail feathers in the form of energy blades or perform a rising slash attack. When his health has been reduced by half, Peacock will also fire homing feather-like projectiles via target lock crosshairs. At what time to fight Cyber Peacock depends on if one is playing as X or Zero. X can take him on after defeating Split Mushroom and thus obtaining Soul Body. But, since Zero can't use that ability, he would need the Ryuenjin from Magma Dragoon to fight him here.
Most bosses will show the ability the player will gain during the fight. For X, his Aiming Laser is modeled after Cyber Peacock's Tracking Shot. For Zero, Rakuhouha is modeled after Peacock's Feather Attack.
When fighting X, Cyber Peacock is shocked and in disbelief that X's potential was limitless, before informing X that he was sent to test his abilities and that X should prepare himself. When fighting Zero, however, he will mention being impressed with Zero having come as far as he did before arrogantly declaring that he won't beat him.
- Cyber Peacock is fought alongside Tunnel Rhino in the X Challenge from Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
- Cyber Peacock appeared as Battle Memory in Rockman Xover.
- While he is not present in Project X Zone 2, a gear called Cyber Peacock's Feather is available for purchase after the completion of Chapter 7.
When playing as X
Cyber Peacock: His potential... is limitless?! ...not possible.
X: Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?
Cyber Peacock: I was ordered to test your abilities. It's quite simple.
Cyber Peacock: Prepare yourself!
When playing as Zero
Cyber Peacock: I'm impressed you made it this far! But you can't beat me! Get ready!
From the original Japanese version, but absent in the English version of the game.
|Iku wa yo!||Here I come!||Doing battle stance|
|Oshioki no jikan yo!||Time for your punishment!||Pre-battle line|
|Mono wa horobite oshimai!||Ugly things shall perish!||Pre-battle line|
|Watashi no aite o suru nante 10-nen hayai wa!||You're ten years too early to be my opponent!||Pre-battle line|
|Kore de dō?!||How about this?!||When using his Feather Attack|
|Doko mi teru no?||Where are you looking?||Tauntingly said before using his Rising Slash|
|Nigasanai wa yo!||You can't escape!||When using his Tracking Shot|
|Hidoi yo!!||How cruel!||When injured with his weakness|
Rockman X4 manga
|This section requires expansion.|
Cyber Peacock is revived by Sigma-1 to serve as part of his Maverick army in the Worlds Unite crossover event. Following an attack on the Sky Patrol and its crew of Maverick Hunters, Freedom Fighters, and Robot Masters, he joined his fellows in scattering to various worlds to plant Unity Engines.
- Cyber Peacock is the only boss in Mega Man X4 that lacks the usual few seconds of invincibility after he's taken damage.
- In the Japanese version of the game, Peacock speaks in an overly feminine manner.
- Cyber Peacock is the only Maverick in the English release of Mega Man X4 not to have any in-battle quotes or grunts; he says "Hidoi yo!" ("How cruel!") when injured by the Soul Body in the Japanese version.
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)