An image of Deathtanz appears in Mega Man Zero 4 as one of Dr. Weil's first form attacks, launching one of his scythes at Zero. He also appears in Mega Man ZX as a secret boss in Area N, in a door that only opens if a Mega Man Zero 3 cartridge is inserted in the Nintendo DS or by activating the Zero 3 link in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection re-release.
Mantisk mainly attacks with his scythes either throwing them as boomerangs, slashing from above, doing a quick stab, or throwing them across the floor, up the wall and then back to him. If the player has A or S rank, he will use his EX Skill Rock Breaker. One strategy to defeat him is to equip a normal body chip and attack him with a charged Recoil Rod, which will knock him back and sometimes interrupt his attacks. The Burst Shot EX Skill may also be a good idea, as it can deplete an moderate amount of health from him, although the aforementioned strategy may be better.
- Dancing Scythe - Deathtanz throws his spinning scythe at Zero which slides up a wall and back down towards Deathtanz.
- Guillotine Drop - Deathtanz will jump on a wall and then strike from above. He then jumps onto the other side and repeats the same thing.
- Back Stab - If Zero is too close to Deathtanz, he will quickly try and stab Zero.
- Razor Arm - Deathtanz will detach his scythe and try to hit Zero.
- EX Skill: Rock Breaker - Deathtanz Mantisk shoots energy blasts into the ceiling, causing a large chunk of it to fall down, which he slashes apart, launching pieces at Zero.
Nickname: Kill Blade Shaman (Satsujin Kitoushi, 殺刃祈祷師)
EX Skill: Rock Breaker (ロックブレイカー)
- "Chikachika" (ちかちか) is a onomatopoeic term commonly used in Japanese comics and graphic novels to describe or indicate the twitching/flickering of ones eyes. Apparently Mantisk has made a habit of saying this every time something annoys him enough to make his eye twitch.
- Deathtanz was misnamed as "Deastants Mantisk" in the English instruction manual of Mega Man Zero 3.
|Mega Man X • Copy X (substitute) • Sage Harpuia (interim) • Dr. Weil (usurper)|
|Sage Harpuia • Hidden Phantom • Fairy Leviathan • Fighting Fefnir|
|Eight Gentle Judges|
| Blazin' Flizard • Childre Inarabitta • Hellbat Schilt • Deathtanz Mantisk|
Cubit Foxtar • Glacier le Cactank • Volteel Biblio • Tretista Kelverian
|Rekku Gundan||Aztec Falcon • Herculious Anchus • Kuwagust Anchus • Panter Flauclaws|
|Jin'en Gundan||Anubis Necromancess|
|Meikai Gundan||Blizzack Staggroff • Poler Kamrous • Maha Ganeshariff|
|Zan'ei Gundan||Hanumachine • Hyleg Ourobockle • Phoenix Magnion • Burble Hekelot • Rainbow Devil • Tech Kraken|
|Mechaniloid Units|| Golem • Guard Orotic • Hittite Hottaid • Asura Basura |
Mega Scorpia • Carnage Force 0 • Randam Bandam
|Foot Soldiers||Pantheon (List) • Variant|
|Craft • Omega|
|Einherjar Eight Warriors|| Popla Cocapetri • Mino Magnus • Tech Kraken • Sol Titanion |
Noble Mandrago • Pegasolta Eclair • Fenri Lunaedge • Heat Genblem
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth