- "Stories of you Class S Hunters have always fascinated me... Now let's see if you live up to your name!"
- ―Depth Dragoon, Mega Man X: Command Mission
Depth Dragoon (デプスドラグーン Depusu Doragūn) is a Maverick Hunter belonging to the Far Eastern command base under Colonel Redips. He has a rather strange appearance of an armored knight sitting atop a fish-like lower body that appears to be based on a ribbonfish, and his helmet has hints of a seadragon. While encountered on dry land, it would appear Depth Dragoon can hover weightlessly, perhaps in a manner similar to Ferham's magnetic or gravity flight. In battle, Depth Dragoon can increase his own parameters (stats) similar to the way the player can with boost items; this increases his difficulty greatly and should be avoided if possible. Given his stationing in the Far East HQ, it is possible Depth Dragoon was a hunter of an A or S rank. It is also possible to steal Steel Massimo's best weapon, Beast Lancer, from him. Personality-wise, he seems to be quite confident in himself as a dispenser of justice, based on comments such as "The guilty shall be punished!" in his encounter with the party.
When encountered by X
Depth Dragoon: Oh! Yes, I see... I suppose traitors always travel in packs? First, you fail to steal the Supra-Force Metal... I thought Colonel Redips finished you off... What are you doing here?!
X: Move aside. Our business is with Redips. We're not interested in wasting our time with small fires like you!
Depth Dragoon: Well, even if you don't want to fight, I do! Stories of you Class S Hunters have always fascinated me... Now let's see if you live up to your name!
In-battle lines for Depth Dragoon
- "I'll take ya on!" (Pre-battle line)
- "Hey!" (When using Thunder Clap)
- "Attaaaack!" (When using Destructive Blow)
- "The guilty shall be punished!" (When using Thunder Brigade)
- "That really hurt!" (When hit with a Critical attack)
- "It seems... I have lo-ost..." (Upon defeat)
- The word "Dragoon" in his name could be in reference to the mounted infantry and light cavalry regimes established in most European armies during the late 17th and early 18th century.
|Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|Mega Man X • Zero • Axl • Steel Massimo • Marino • Cinnamon • Spider|
|Chief R • Nana • Aile • Professor Gaudile|
|Epsilon • Botos • Ferham • Scarface • Wild Jango • Silver Horn • Dr. Psyche • Mach Jentra • Incentas|
| Hippopressor • Shadow • Depth Dragoon • Colonel Redips • Great Redips |
Duckbill Mole • Rafflesian • Tails Clan • Ninetails
| Giga City • Lagrano Ruins • Central Tower • Tianna Camp • Gaudile Laboratory • Ulfat Factory • Gimialla Mine |
Vanallia Desert • Melda Ore Plant • Grave Ruins Base • Far East HQ • Babel
| Action Trigger • Hyper Mode •Final Strike • Force Metal • Deployment Center • Sky Room|
Enemies • Item Box • Items • Script