A more powerful variant, the Energy Balancer Neo, appears in Mega Man 11, which allows weapon energy to transferred to all weapons (including Rush) simultaneously when a Weapon Energy Capsule is picked up.
- It first appears as a secret item in Mega Man 6. It is found in Tomahawk Man's stage, in a room that can only be accessed with Power Mega Man, where Proto Man gives it to Mega Man.
- In Mega Man 7, it can be bought in Big Eddie with 240 Bolts after finding Auto's Hyperbolt, or found in Shade Man's stage using the Search Rush under the portrait of Dr. Wily.
- In Mega Man 8, it can be bought in Dr. Light's Laboratory with 5 Bolts.
- In Mega Man 9, it costs 100 Screws.
- In Mega Man 10, it costs 100 Screws when using Mega Man and 150 Screws with Proto Man and Bass.
- In Mega Man 11, it costs 100 Bolts (Mega Man automatically starts with it in Newcomer Mode), while the Energy Balancer Neo costs 250 (125 in Newcomer mode) Bolts. Due to them being the same type of item, only one may be equipped at a time.
- In Mega Man & Bass, it costs 120 Screws.
- In Mega Man IV, it can be exchanged by 150 P Chips.
- In Mega Man V, it can be exchanged by 140 P Chips.
- In Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha, it costs 150 Screws. In this game, the energy of Special Weapons is refilled when they aren't equipped even without the Energy Balancer, but without it, the weapon energy will be given to the first weapon in the menu with reduced energy instead of the one with lowest energy.
- In Mega Man ZX Advent, an Energy Balancer appears in Floating Ruins 3 as one of the four artifacts to retrieve in a sidequest for a Sub Tank. It is called the Old Balancer in the game, and is said to be a concept that is now taken for granted, but before they came along, unused energy was simply wasted into the atmosphere.
The Energy Saver (エナジーセイバー Enajī Seibā) is an item from Mega Man 8, Mega Man & Bass and Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha that reduces the amount of energy used by Special Weapons, allowing them to be fired more times. In Mega Man 8, it costs 6 Bolts and is available after completing Duo's stage. In Mega Man & Bass, it costs 200 Screws, and in Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha 150 Screws.
The Power Generator (パワージェネレーター Pawā Jenerētā) is an item from Mega Man V that has the same effect as the Energy Saver. The item becomes available for free by collecting the four crystals in the stages of Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Uranus.
- In Mega Man V, there is a password, which will start the player with 140 P Chips, enough for them to buy the Energy Balancer start the game with one.