Escape (エスケープ Esukēpu), also known as Exit (イグジット Igujitto), is an option from the Mega Man games that in most appearances allows the user to leave the current stage, if the boss of that specific stage was already defeated, from the Sub Screen. It first appeared in Mega Man X as the Escape Unit (エスケープ・ユニット), which is available from the beginning. In some games, it is an item that must be obtained to be used.
- It is available from the beginning in Mega Man X to Mega Man X8, Mega Man Xtreme, Mega Man Xtreme 2, Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X, Mega Man Powered Up, and Mega Man 11.
- In Mega Man X8 (excluding the opening stage Noah's Park) and Mega Man 11, the player can leave any stage anytime, even if the boss was not defeated.
- In Mega Man 7, Auto creates it for 200 Bolts (100 with the Hyperbolt) in the Big Eddie. Alternatively, it can be found with Search Rush near the boss shutter from Freeze Man's stage.
- In Mega Man 8, the Exit, known as Exit Parts (イグジットパーツ) in Japan, can be obtained for four Bolts in Dr. Light's Laboratory.
- In Mega Man & Bass, the Exit Unit (Exit Parts in Japan) can be bought with Auto for 50 Screws.
- In the first Mega Man Zero, Cerveau asks Ciel to give an Escape Unit to Zero after Aztec Falcon's defeat. This allows him to abort the current mission and return to the Resistance Base, but the mission will be considered a failure if he evacuates. It can't be used in missions that result in a game over if it fails.
|Mega Man X series|
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.