|This page is about the original Freeze Man. For his NetNavi counterpart, see FreezeMan.EXE.|
- "This is what cool means!"
- —Freeze Man, Mega Man & Bass database
Freeze Man (フリーズマン Furīzuman) is an ice-themed Robot Master from Mega Man 7. He was originally built as a prototype robot for non-polluting energy before being modified for combat by Dr. Wily. Based on the theory that high and low temperatures combined are equal to normal temperature, Freeze Man can split the normal temperature in the ambient into high and low temperatures, using the former as an energy source and the latter to attack with his Freeze Cracker, a snowflake-like projectile.
Although he has a gaudy personality in being an egotistical show-off most of the time, Freeze Man is a perfectionist who likes to make cool and stylish poses in order to impress those who see him. In addition to this, he has great respect for Ice Man, since he is the first ice-themed Robot Master in the series. Freeze Man enjoys reading mystery novels in his spare time and dislikes pollution.
Mega Man 7
He will not attack if Mega Man does not move first, and will taunt Mega Man to pull out the first move. If Mega Man jumps, he will run at Mega Man before starting his attack pattern. If Mega Man shoots, he will immediately start the pattern. First, Freeze Man will attack with his Freeze Cracker. It is avoided by jumping over it, being careful of not being near the edges as Mega Man will freeze upon contact with the ice bits it releases. Next, he will jump and fire a Freeze Cracker to freeze the ground and Mega Man if he is standing there. It is avoided by jumping over the floor when it starts to freeze. Finally, he will use his Freeze Cracker to summon icicles, and then repeats the attack pattern. The icicles will destroy the icy floor, and are avoided by moving out of their way. His weakness is Junk Shield, which will trap him for a short time before he continues attacking. It defeats him in seven hits. The Scorch Wheel is also effective.
Freeze Man first appears in a sunken city alongside Bubble Man to assist Virgo. Subsequently, he and Hard Man team up to menace Proto Man in a jungle region, forcing the lone wolf robot to call in Mega Man's team for help.
- Freeze Man has a cameo appearance in the opening scene of Mega Man 8.
Stage description: Don't Slip!
Translation: Originally a prototype robot for experimenting non-polluting energy. Has the nickname "Icy Battle Machine" and is feared even by his fellows, but on the other hand he also has great respect for Ice Man. His Special Weapon is Freeze Cracker.
- Bomb Sleigh
- Driver Cannon
- Icicle Teck
- Sniper Joe 01
- Spiral Gabyoall
- True Shield Attacker
- Shirokumachine GTV
Damage Data Chart
Displays the amount of damage in units that Freeze Man will receive from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 7.
|Mega Man 7|
|Mega Buster||Freeze Cracker||Junk Shield||Danger Wrap||Thunder Bolt||Wild Coil||Slash Claw||Noise Crush||Scorch Wheel||Super Adapter|
- *For Mega Buster, Wild Coil and Noise Crush, the first number is the damage done when the weapon is fired normally; the second number is damage done when the weapon is charged up.
- *For Freeze Cracker, the first number is when the shot is whole; the second number is after it splits.
- *Hitting Freeze Man with the Freeze Cracker will recover his health by 4 units.
Freeze Man appeared in the manga.
- When the player faces him again in Dr. Wily's Castle and hits him with Freeze Cracker (his own weapon), the game will freeze and he'll look at the player as if to mock them. After a brief moment his health is restored and the game will resume. This makes Freeze Man the only Robot Master to break the fourth wall.
- When Mega Man enters the room where Freeze Man will be fought, if the player does not press any buttons when the fight begins, he will taunt Mega Man and strike a pose towards the screen. A similar thing occurs with Skull Man in Mega Man 4, although Skull Man simply sits there as the NES does not have such capabilities.
- Freeze Man's purpose - creating energy by splitting hot and cold temperatures - may be a reference to the thought experiment Maxwell's demon, wherein an entity is theoretically able to sort particles into hot and cold halves with no effort, thus theoretically creating energy whilst using none. The idea is debated in discussions of the laws of thermodynamics.
- In Mega Man: The Power Battle, Freeze Man's theme is a remix of Gemini Man's theme, whilst his actual theme is used for Ice Man.
- Freeze Man and Cloud Man are the only Robot Masters from Mega Man 7 whose mugshots are not based off their official artwork.
- Freeze Man's name was used in a boss submission for Mega Man 6.
- Freeze Man's weakness to the Junk Shield may be a reference to his original purpose of being built as a non polluting energy robot, as junk causes pollution.
|Mega Man • Beat • Rush • Dr. Light • Roll|
Proto Man • Duo • Auto • Eddie • Fan • Dr. Wily
|Aries • Taurus • Gemini • Cancer • Leo • Virgo|
Libra • Scorpio • Sagittarius • Capricorn • Aquarius • Pisces
Bass • Treble • Apollo • Luna • Wily Machine α • Wily Capsule α
|Fire Man • Cut Man• Bomb Man • Flame Man • Ice Man • Frost Man|
Guts Man • Metal Man • Elec Man • Spark Man • Cloud Man • Heat Man
Napalm Man • Bubble Man • Freeze Man • Hard Man • Yamato Man • Tomahawk Man
Pharaoh Man • Burst Man • Dive Man • Aqua Man • Stone Man • Astro Man
Knight Man •Sword Man •Skull Man
|Characters and Enemies • Screws • Dr. Light's Laboratory • Items • Script|