- "Frost Man! Destroy! You!"
- —Frost Man, Mega Man & Bass database
Frost Man (フロストマン Furosutoman) is a combat Robot Master from Mega Man 8 who was created by Dr. Wily predominantly using several leftover parts from Clown Man. Frost Man is one of the largest Robot Masters and possesses powerful strength, which he is very proud of, and has the ability to punch the ground to generate fast surges of freezing cold energy using his Special Weapon, the Ice Wave. Alternatively, he can also attack by dropping heavy blocks of ice down onto his opponents.
Despite being very proud of both his large stature and strength, Frost Man is not too bright when it comes to strategy, in addition to the fact that his heavy weight also makes him slow and sluggish when it comes to battle and due to his less-than-ideal method of construction, suffers from chilblains and poor oil circulation while also being vulnerable to explosives. Frost Man appears to have something of a sweet tooth; his ultimate goal is to turn Mega Man into a kakigōri (or in the English version, an ice pop) and eat him. [Citation needed] He is also shown to have a liking for sorbet and rock candy.
Video game appearances
Frost Man is one the first four bosses powered with Evil Energy, and he creates havoc in Alaska. When Mega Man enters his room, there are several ice statues of Mega Man inside, and Frost Man crushes them all.
- Frost Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 10 as data of the Weapons Archive, appearing in an 8-bit likeness of his original sprite.
- Frost Man appears in Battle Memory from Rockman ×over.
- Frost Man appears in Rockman Strategy.
- フロストマンだぞー！(Furosutoman da zo!) "I'm Frost Man."
- "Freeze!" (Start)
- "I'll crush you! I'll make a popsicle of you."
- 暮だ！オレ、オマエを倒す！(Kure da! Ore, omae wo taosu!) "I'll crush you! I will... beat you."
- アイスウェイブ！"Ice Wave!"
- "I'll crush you!" (If Mega Man is hit by an Ice Wave)
- "Dat hurt!" (hit by Flash Bomb)
Mega Man & Bass CD data
Enemies in Frost Man's stage.
In the manga, Wily orders Frost Man to create an ice base on a beach and capture Mega Man. He takes a kid that was dressed as Mega Man to Dr. Wily, and the real Mega Man appears to rescue the boy and defeats Frost Man.
As with many of the Robot Masters, Frost Man makes his Archie Comics debut in the crossover Worlds Collide. He and most of the Robot Masters appear as enemies of Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man, attacking their party of heroes under the orders of both Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily.
Frost Man appeared briefly in the end of Mega Man Gigamix.
- Chilblain (Frost Man's dislike) is defined as "an inflammation followed by itchy irritation on the hands, feet, or ears, resulting from exposure to moist cold" in the American Heritage Dictionary.
- Frost Man is one of five ice-themed robots who create ice sculptures. The other four are Chill Penguin, Blizzard Buffalo, Cold Man, and Fenri Lunaedge. He and Cold Man are the only ones from the original Mega Man series to have this talent.
- When Mega Man fights Frost Man in the Wily Tower rematch, it should be noted that the Flame Sword can cause a considerable amount of damage to him. This may be to connect the two weakness chains featured in the first four and last four Robot Masters, similar to Freeze Man and Burst Man both being weak to Scorch Wheel in Mega Man 7.
- Frost Man, Grenade Man, Astro Man, and Clown Man are the only Robot Masters in Mega Man 8 that do not have NetNavi counterparts.
- In the Japanese version of Mega Man 8, Frost Man wants to turn Mega Man into a kakigōri, a type of shaved ice dessert (flavored with syrup and condensed milk) found in Japan. In the English version of the game, the translation was changed so that he wants to turn Mega Man into a popsicle, which is much better known to a Western audience than kakigōri.[Citation needed]
- The English version of Mega Man 8 contains an additional voice clip which has Frost Man saying "It means nothing to me" which was not used in the actual game. It's unknown under what circumstances this clip would have played during Frost Man's battle.