- "My Gemini Laser is unparalleled. Your power, one that I thought even rivaled my own, is merely this?"
- ―Gemini Man, Super Adventure Rockman
Gemini Man (ジェミニマン Jeminiman) is a Robot Master from Mega Man 3, created by Dr. Light and Dr. Wily. He is capable of creating holographic copies of himself, and uses that power to confuse and overwhelm his opponents as he attacks them. While he only uses one copy in most of his appearances, in Super Adventure Rockman he is shown to be able to produce up to four copies of himself at once. However, even without his clones helping him, he is a very tricky opponent to deal with, especially when he brings his Special Weapon, the fast and reflective Gemini Laser, into play.
Gemini Man is an elegant fighter who is confident in his abilities, but is rather conceited. He is a narcissist, and likes to admire himself in a mirror or with one of his copies. Gemini Man also has a hatred and fear of snakes, mainly because his weakness is the Search Snake.
Video game appearances
At the start of the battle, Gemini Man will create a mirror image of himself. He and his clone will take turns jumping to the left side of the screen, running to the right, then repeating. Firing shots will cause the clone on the ground to turn around and fire at you, while the other freezes in mid-air. It is best to shoot at the clone in the air as he is about to land, then jump to avoid the bullets of the other Gemini Man.
Once the clone is defeated (it will be destroyed when half of Gemini Man's health is depleted), Gemini Man will change his pattern and begin firing his Gemini Laser. This laser reflects off of the walls, so you'll have to keep an eye on it while looking out for Gemini Man. His new pattern will be running from left to right and jumping when Mega Man fires at him, similar to Crash Man's.
Gemini Man is one of the first four bosses. His actions are the same from Mega Man 3.
Gemini Man is a fast player that doesn't have his own team. In Tournament mode he is a member of the Fire Man, Wood Man, Needle Man, Dust Man, Skull Man, Enker, and Wily teams. In League mode he is in the teams of Elec Man, Wood Man, and Pharaoh Man.
- "Attack calmly and avoid the illusions. To tell you the truth, Gemini Man is weak against heat."
- ―Dr. Light, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Gemini Man is one of the six bosses from the "Mega Man 3~6" course in Mega Man: The Power Battle and the "Recover the new parts!" course in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. Like Mega Man 3, Gemini Man will start the battle by creating a clone of himself. The first pattern is almost identical to his first pattern in Mega Man 3. They take turns jumping to the left, running to the right, and repeating this.
After Gemini Man reaches half health, the clone will disappear. Gemini Man will then slowly walk around the arena. He will occasionally attack by firing a shot or using his Gemini Laser. He will also jump around and use a shield to defend against attacks. Besides this, in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters he'll also be able to create dimensional rifts to summon Tsuranattoris to his aid. This is known when his forehead refracts light, similar to his entrance animation. He is weak to Magnet Missile in Mega Man: The Power Battle and Pharaoh Wave in Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
Gemini Man is the last opponent encountered in Episode 2, fought by Mega Man just before he tries to enter the Temple of the Moon. During his introduction cutscene, he demonstrates his cloning powers to a confused Mega Man and Beat from the steps of the temple, simultaneously attacking them with many Gemini Lasers. Mega Man is eventually able to decipher which one is the real one, allowing the two to battle, with Mega Man coming out victorious.
If the player loses to Gemini Man however, he will finish off Mega Man with one final shot from his Gemini Laser, and laughs triumphantly upon doing so- making him one of the few Robot Masters who the player cannot continue against if they lose.
After the battle, Gemini Man is critically damaged, but tells Mega Man that he learned from Quick Man about Doctor Wily's dangerous new ambitions. In order to help Mega Man, he warns him that the door at the top of the temple is booby-trapped, and explains that the door in the middle of the temple is the real entrance, just before collapsing. He is later revived by Wily and Ra Moon, but is disabled again after Ra Moon's betrayal.
- Gemini Man has a cameo appearance in Mega Man 10 as data of the Weapons Archive.
- Gemini Man appears in the CD database from Mega Man & Bass.
- Gemini Man appears in Battle Memory from Rockman ×over.
- Gemini Man appears in the arcade game Adventure Quiz: Capcom World 2.
- Gemini Man is one of the Mega Man icons in Puchiguru.
Mega Man Legacy Collection text: His weapon is the Gemini Laser, which reacts according to the enemies intentions. Watch his movements carefully before attacking.
- Power Battle: ホログラフそうちをつかってあたかもぶんしんしたようにこうげきをしかけてくる。れいせいだが、はでずきなところがある。とくしゅぶきはジェミニレーザーじゃ。
- Power Fighters: ＰＢにもとうじょうしたジェミニマンはロックマン３からとうじょう とくしゅぶきのジェミニレーザーはもともとはワシのはっけんした「はんのうそし」をかそくかさせたレーザーじゃ。あいてのしこうにはんのうするため、しこうをもたないぶっしつにあたるとはんしゃするせいのうがあるのじゃ。
- Power Battle: Uses a holographic system to attack with alter egos. He is calm and somewhat showy. Special Weapon is Gemini Laser.
- Power Fighters:
Enemies in Gemini Man's stage in Mega Man 3.
- Bomber Pepe
- Penpen Maker
- Jamacy (Doc Robot stage)
- Potton (Doc Robot stage)
Enemies in Gemini Man's stage in the Game Boy Mega Man III.
- Bomber Pepe
- Penpen Maker
- Pickelman Dada
Damage Data Chart
Amount of damage in units that Gemini Man receives from each Special Weapon in Mega Man 3.
|Mega Man 3|
|Mega Buster||Needle Cannon||Magnet Missile||Gemini Laser||Hard Knuckle||Top Spin||Search Snake||Spark Shock||Shadow Blade|
Mega Man (Ruby-Spears)
Gemini Man appeared in the episode Cold Steel of the Mega Man animated series, where he, Spark Man and Gyro Man are disguised as rock stars from a band called "Cold Steel" that hypnotizes humans with their music. Gemini Man appears having a nose and does not clone himself. Instead, he uses his Gemini Laser. He is voiced by Tony Sampson.
Mega Man Megamix
Mega Man (Archie Comics)
After defeating Snake Man, Mega Man goes underground and fights against Gemini Man, defeating him with Search Snake.
Gemini Man has brief appearances as a member of the Wily Patrol.
Gemini Man appears in some of the shorts.
|Gemini Man Battle (no damage, no slide, no weakness)|
- Gemini Man was the first Mega Man boss to be named after something astrological, in this case a constellation.
- This may also be the reason why the initial part of his stage resembles an alien world, like those found in space.
- Gemini Man and Hard Man are the only two robot masters from Mega Man 3 to not have a Battle Network NetNavi counterpart.
- In Gemini Man's NES mugshot, his eyes are red, where as his official artwork depicts him with green.
- Gemini Man, along with Freeze Man, Crash Man and Skull Man, does not attack the player when the player does nothing upon entering the boss room. The battle will start when the player either shoots or jumps.
- Gemini Man's name is a reference to the Zodiac sign the Gemini, or the twins, Castor and Pollux, which makes sense being that Gemini Man can duplicate himself like he has a twin.
- Ironically enough, there is a Robot Master in Rockman Strategy named Gemini, but the two robots are unrelated.
- It is unknown if he likes penguins or not, as Bomber Pepe, Penpen, and Penpen Maker are penguin enemies in his stage.
|Mega Man III|
| Gemini Man • Snake Man • Spark Man • Shadow Man |
Drill Man • Dust Man • Dive Man • Skull Man
|Giant Suzy • Punk • Wily Machine|
|Mega Man's Special Weapons|
| Gemini Laser • Search Snake • Spark Shock • Shadow Blade|
Drill Bomb • Dust Crusher • Dive Missile • Skull Barrier • Screw Crusher
|Mega Man's Support Items|
|Rush Coil • Rush Jet|
|Damage Data Chart • Enemies • Wily Castle • Wily Station|
|Mega Man: The Power Battle|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass|
| - Mega Man 1~2 -|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Crash Man • Heat Man • Wood Man
- Mega Man 3~6 -
Magnet Man • Gemini Man • Dust Man • Gyro Man • Napalm Man • Plant Man
- Mega Man 7 -
Freeze Man • Junk Man • Cloud Man • Slash Man • Shade Man • Turbo Man
- Dr. Wily -
| Rolling Cutter • Super Arm • Ice Slasher • Crash Bomber • Atomic Fire • Leaf Shield|
Magnet Missile • Gemini Laser • Dust Crusher • Gyro Attack • Napalm Bomb • Plant Barrier
Freeze Cracker • Junk Shield • Thunder Strike • Slash Claw • Noise Crush • Scorch Wheel
|Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters|
|List of Playable Characters|
|Mega Man • Proto Man • Bass • Duo|
|List of Bosses|
| - Search for Wily! -|
Shadow Man • Plant Man • Gyro Man • Centaur Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man
- Rescue Roll! -
Cut Man • Stone Man • Shade Man • Elec Man • Dive Man • Slash Man
- Recover the new parts! -
Guts Man • Pharaoh Man • Air Man • Quick Man • Gemini Man • Napalm Man
- Dr. Wily -
|List of Special Weapons|
| Shadow Blade • Plant Barrier • Gyro Attack • Centaur Arrow • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire|
Rolling Cutter • Power Stone • Noise Crush • Thunder Beam • Dive Missile • Slash Claw
Super Arm • Pharaoh Wave • Air Shooter • Quick Boomerang • Gemini Laser • Napalm Bomb
|Rush • Beat • Treble|
|Super Adventure Rockman|
| Mega Man • Beat • Rush • Dr. Light • Roll • Proto Man • Dr. Wily • Ra Moon|
Cut Man • Guts Man • Ice Man • Bomb Man • Fire Man • Elec Man
| Metal Man • Bubble Man • Heat Man • Flash Man • Quick Man • Shadow Man|
Wood Man • Air Man • Crash Man • Snake Man • Needle Man • Gemini Man
Magnet Man • Hard Man • Top Man • Spark Man • Ra Thor • New Yellow Devil
| Metal Blade • Bubble Lead • Atomic Fire • Time Stopper • Quick Boomerang • Shadow Blade|
Leaf Shield • Air Shooter • Crash Bomber • Search Snake • Needle Cannon • Gemini Laser
Magnet Missile • Hard Knuckle • Top Spin • Spark Shock
|Enemies • Energy Tank • Information Card • Item Box • Lanfront Ruins • Proto Shield|