- "Well, well, well... What have we here... Why, it's Officer X. This is horrible! Why do I have to face someone like you here?!"
- ―Ground Scaravich, Mega Man X6
Ground Scaravich (グランド・スカラビッチ Gurando Sukarabicchi) is a character from the Mega Man X series, a Reploid treasure hunter modeled after a dung beetle, who was wanted by the Maverick Hunters for damaging historic ruins in his search for valuable data. In his work he discovered a lot of data on ancient robots and Gate took care of him in exchange for this information. Gate later sent Scaravich to a forbidden area (where X and Zero were discovered) and Alia, upon witnessing him enter the facility, ultimately intercepted him as punishment for his misconduct. She felt bad for doing this, but Gate appeared to not have cared about what happened to him.
Ground Scaravich was later resurrected by Gate in Mega Man X6 as part of his Nightmare investigation team. He was sent to the Central Museum to examine the Nightmare, where he was confronted by the Maverick Hunters in the main hall. He was frightened at first, but decided to fight them anyway to obtain their DNA data and was destroyed.
- Stone Roll - Ground Scaravich will push a giant gray rock of varying size, having four sizes.
- In Xtreme mode, Ground Scaravich will also roll purple rocks of varying size and small brown rocks. The purple rocks can only be destroyed by the charged saber from the Blade Armor. The brown rocks can't be destroyed, and when one is struck, a larger rock will fall from above.
- Shot Attack - Ground Scaravich will stop, then fire 1-3 small shots from his arm while using the stone as a shield.
- Stone Kick - He starts using this after losing half of his life energy. Ground Scaravich will stop, and kick his rock at the player. He can kick them one of two ways. The rock will either fly through the air at the player, or bounce along the ground towards them.
Enemies in Ground Scaravich's stage, the Central Museum:
|Yoisho!||Heave-ho!||When rolling a small rock around|
|Wasse!||Heave-ho!||When rolling a medium-size rock around|
|Yooooooisho!||Heeeeeeave-ho!||When rolling the third largest rock around|
|Arrrrrgh!||When rolling the largest rock around|
|Orya!||Try this!||When using his shot attack|
|Dorya!||Take that!||When launching a rock towards the player with a double kick|
|Dōshita kōshita!||What will happen next!?||When launching a rock towards the player with a double kick|
|Itatatatatata!||Oooouch!||When hit with Yammar Option|
|Munen!||Such a shame!||When he is defeated.|
When Playing as X
X: Ground Scaravich! You must be the burglar of ruins! What are you doing here?
Ground Scaravich: Well, well, well... What have we here... Why, it's Officer X. This is horrible! Why do I have to face someone like you here?!
X: Be a smart Reploid and give me the Information on the Nightmares.
Ground Scaravich: I'd rather just see what DNA data you have!
When Playing as Zero
Zero: Ground Scaravich! Why do you need to steal from another ruin? Hmm... You seem to be very close to the Nightmares...
Ground Scaravich: I am cursed, I know it! You are Zero. I heard you were dead. I really wanted to obtain your DNA data, but I no longer need it.
Zero: What do you mean?
Ground Scaravich: You can fight me to find out!
- Ground Scaravich appeared as as boss alongside Shield Sheldon in one stage from the X Challenge in Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
- Ground Scaravich appeared as an unit card in TEPPEN.
Ground Scaravich is one of the many Mavericks featured in the Worlds Unite crossover event. He joins the other Mavericks in attacking Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and X's other allies before departing to invade other worlds.
- Coincidentally, three of the four beetle-themed Mavericks in the Mega Man X series - Boomer Kuwanger (stag beetle), Gravity Beetle (rhinoceros beetle) and Ground Scaravich himself (dung beetle) - are in fact scarabs. This leaves only Shining Firefly (firefly) as a non-scarab beetle, and is the only instance where so many of a certain Maverick theme (beetles, fish, cats, etc.) have all been of such a specific grouping.
- In their character artwork, Shining Firefly and Ground Scaravich are both depicted holding the ends of their mustache-like structures on their mouths.
- ↑ "Ground Scaravich. An ex-treasure hunter. He was devoted to the research on an ancient site. He also had lots of research data on ancient robots. Gate took care of Scaravich in exchange for the ancient data. Gate improved his knowledge from him. Then Gate had him go to a forbidden area. It was the place you were both discovered. I saw Scaravich enter the place... I felt bad, but I disposed him. Gate didn't seem to care... I didn't want to remember this..." - Alia, Mega Man X6
|Mega Man X6|
| Commander Yammark • Ground Scaravich • Blaze Heatnix • Blizzard Wolfang • Rainy Turtloid |
Metal Shark Player • Shield Sheldon • Infinity Mijinion
|D-1000 • Zero Nightmare • Dynamo • Nightmare Mother • High Max • Gate • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Yammar Option • Ground Dash • Magma Blade • Ice Burst • Meteor Rain • Metal Anchor • Guard Shell • Ray Arrow|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Yammar Option • Sentsuizan • Shoenzan • Hyoroga • Ensuizan • Rakukojin • Guard Shell • Rekkoha|
| - Mega Man X -|
Falcon Armor • Blade Armor • Shadow Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Walkthrough • Parts • Injured Reploids • List of Enemies |
Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) • Game Script (X's story) • Game Script (Zero's story)