Harp Note (ハープ・ノート), known as Lyra Note in the English anime dub, is the EM Wave Change of the characters Sonia Strumm and Lyra from the Mega Man Star Force series. Harp Note is registered under Project-TC as No. 004.
When Sonia's manager, Chrys Golds, comes looking for her, she knocks him out with a Shock Note. She then proceeds to attack other people throughout Echo Ridge and other places, and Mega Man ends up pursuing her, having to fire back to deflect her Shock Notes before they hit him. After Harp Note is defeated, Mega Man convinces her to stop attacking, and Sonia then forms a BrotherBand with Geo.
Harp Note appears again in the second game, and fights alongside Mega Man. After being teleported away by the Kamikakushi, Harp Note is brought before Hollow and was told to work with Vega, if she wanted Geo and his friends to come to no harm. Mega Man tracks her down to the Bermuda Labyrinth, where Harp Note declares herself an enemy of Mega Man and cuts the BrotherBand with him. Eventually, Mega Man fights Harp Note and convinces her to join his side again.
Harp Note once again returns in the third game under Project TC's Trans Code No. 004, and aids Mega Man in his cause as he battles against the Dealer organization. However, she is not a fightable boss in this game.
Harp Note is kidnapped and taken 200 years into the past by ClockMan.EXE (a NetNavi able to travel through time by creating warp holes). Mega Man follows them through a warp hole made by Dr. Goodall and successfully rescues her with MegaMan.EXE's help.
Lyra Note appears in the Shooting Star Rockman comic. She initially appears as an antagonist and orders a fake Andromeda (made of EM viruses) to attack Mega Man. But, this is later revealed to be a "test", and she joins Mega Man in defeating the true Andromeda.
Weight: 0kg 
- Flat-Live Monitor (フラットライブモニター): This component is equipped with earphones that Lyra Note uses to listen to her performances in real time. In addition, the helmet portion of this device features an amp, which makes it possible to hold a concert anywhere. The guitar amp used in Shock Note has even undergone EM Wave Change.
- Humming - Heart Transducer (ハミングハート・トランスデューサー): A heart-shaped analog/pulse converter. Converts the sound of Lyra singing into the mic to pulse waves, which it then emits as shockwaves in order to attack enemies. Different types of songs produce different shockwaves.
- Equalizer Ring (イコライズリング Equalize Ring): This armband adjusts the guitar and amplifier's volume and equalization settings. The device possesses a vast number of preprogrammed settings to adapt itself to a variety of situations. Cycle through these settings by touching the small indentation on the bracelet.
- Featuring Lyra Guitar (フィーチャリングハープギター Featuring Harp Guitar): Sonia's guitar after having undergone EM Wave Change. Lyra's data is programmed into the headstock, assisting her with chord progressions and tuning during performances. In addition to the guitar's performance-based attacks, its strings can also be used to bind enemies.
- Lyra Mic (ハープハンドマイク Harp Hand Mic): A high-quality dynamic microphone attached to the headstock on Lyra's guitar, this device automatically analyzes environmental waves to block out ambient noise, amplifying only the vocalist's performance. Lyra controls the position of the mic, allowing her to both sing and play even during intense movements.
Harp Note is capable of the following abilities and attacks, some of which are restricted to the anime or games exclusively:
- Shock Note (ショックノート): Two speakers appear in the columns where Harp Note is not standing. Harp Note then strums her guitar and the speakers each fire a Shock Note.
- Machine Gun String (マシンガンストリング): Harp Note lines up with Mega Man and fires strings at him. The strings break, and when they connect, Harp Note proceeds to fire six notes at him whilst he is paralyzed.
- Pulse Song (パルスソング): Harp Note moves up close and fires a heart-shaped pulse at the player. It pierces Invis and must be blocked, else it will induce a certain status ailment to the player depending on the color of the note. This is called Song of Pulse in the English Mega Man X DiVE.
- Frequency Change: Lyra Note can teleport by changing her wave frequency. She'll do this when she needs to go somewhere faraway in Echo Ridge, like her manager's building, but can't find a Wave Road to take her there.
- Anti-Hypnosis: Like any Wave Changed human in the series, Harp Note is immune to hypnosis and can only be fully be taken over by the compatible AM/FM-ian.
- Ultrasonic Hearing: Harp Note can hear and translate waves too high or too low for the normal human or even EM Being to hear. This proved extremely useful navigating the Bermuda Maze.
- Harp Note is named after the string instrument and the pitched sound in music, respectively. This is an indirect reference to Sonia's career as a musician.
- The word harp can be related to Harpe, a type of sword used in Greek mythology, which may be a play/reference to the fact that Sonia uses sword-type Battle Cards such as Break Sabre.
- While most bosses take their EM Wave partner's name, Harp Note alters Lyra's name. This is only in the English version of the game, as in Japan Lyra's name is Harp, matching Harp Note's name.
- She is also the only one with a name change from the game to the English dub anime. This time appropriately applying Lyra's name as Lyra Note.
- In Mega Man Star Force 3, Harp Note uses the catchphrase "Let's roll!" serving as an analogy to Mega Man's catchphrase "Let's rock!"
- Harp Note is the only Mega Man Star Force character in Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star to receive an entirely new textbox image.
|Mega Man Star Force series|
|Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Luna Platz (Vogue) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) |
Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Dr. Goodall
Pat Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Dark Phantom) • A.C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)
FM King • Dr. Vega • Hollow • Mr. King
|Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
|Mega Man Star Force • Shooting Star Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
|Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • Dealer • Satella Police • Terminals |
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Mod Gear