Hyleg Ourobockle (ヒューレッグ・ウロボックル Hyūreggu Urobokkuru) is one of the bosses of Mega Man Zero 2. Ourobockle is a Mutos Reploid based on the Ouroboros snake, and was a member of Phantom's Cutting Shadow Squadron. When Zero went to the Forest of Dysis, he fights against Hyleg atop a giant snake Mechaniloid called Altroid (アルトロイド Arutoroido), and recovers one of the Baby Elves after his defeat, prompting X to appear and warn Zero about the Baby Elves. During the mission, rescuing or not all five lost soldiers will influence the mission success and they can be visited on third floor of the New Resistance Base afterwards.
- Poison Hold - Hyleg tries to catch Zero from below.
- Arm Whip - Hyleg swings his claws at Zero.
- Assault Viper - Hyleg dashes like a snake.
- Super Looper - When he undulates through the Altroid, the Altroid will take a diagonal position and Hyleg will throw spring-like objects (they act like slinkies).
- Signal Shot - Electric spheres flow through the Altroid.
- EX Skill: Joint Laser - Hyleg Ourobockle's giant snake Mechaniloid, Altroid, shoots lasers from its joints when it's in a diagonal position.
Nickname: The Shinobi Serpent of the Hidden Forest (幽林の忍蛇 Yuurin no Nin Ja, "Ninja Snake of the Obscure Forest")
EX skill: Joint Laser (ジョイントレーザー)
Mission: Rescue R.
Zero's EX skill: Laser Shot
- Both Hyleg and Altroid have a cameo appearance in the background of the Area A-2 forest area in Mega Man ZX.
- Hyleg's name bears resemblances to both "Hydra" and "Ouroboros": Hydra being a many-headed, mythical snake creature, which upon getting one of its heads severed would grow two in its place; and Ouroboros being a symbol of a serpent devouring its own tail, creating a circle, which represents the cycle of life. Also, the word Hyleg in Hellenistic astrology, is the Persian-Arabic term for the planet with the greatest essential dignity. Hyleg, also originates from the Middle Persian word "hîlâk", which means "nativity".
- Hyleg Ourobockle is referenced by Zero in the audio track "Alouette's Good Day" when he describes the Reploid who had the Baby Elf during one of his missions in Mega Man Zero 2 to Alouette.
- It resembles SnakeMan.EXE, from Mega Man Battle Network 2. Both characters bodies are their neck and the arms are attached to their head. However, Hyleg has legs, and SnakeMan floats in a jar.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.