- "With the correct timing, higher and further jumps are possible while airborne. Kuuenzan may be activated while attacking in the air."
- ―In-game text, Mega Man X4
Kuuenbu or Kūenbu (空円舞 lit. "Air Waltz"), is one of the two special techniques that Zero learns after defeating Split Mushroom in Mega Man X4. This technique is based off Split Mushroom's ability to jump very high. This technique allows Zero to jump a second time in midair -- by pressing the Jump button a second time -- allowing him to jump even higher to gain access to otherwise out-of-reach areas (provided that the player does not dash-jump beforehand).
- It is possible that this "move" indirectly appears in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, with the obvious reason of why Zero can double jump in the game.
- However, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, he oddly loses his ability to double jump as a balance measure from TvC.
- From X4 onwards, Zero can use this attack and the Hienkyaku (mostly called air-dash) by default.
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)