Kuwagust Anchus (クワガスト・アンカトゥス Kuwagasuto Ankatusu) is one of the bosses of Mega Man Zero 2. He is a Mutos Reploid based on the stag beetle (Kuwagata in Japan) and a member of Sage Harpuia's Strong Air Battalion.
In light of Elpizo's Operation Righteous Strike, Sage Harpuia sees this as reason for a counter-attack, and sends Kuwagust to commandeer an airship, armed with a bomb, on course for the Resistance Base. As he was built with the same technology as Herculious Anchus, they are known as brother Reploids, and he mentions him during his battle against Zero. When the player faces him again in Yggdrasil, Zero fights both him and Herculious together, who both die once they are tricked into colliding into each other, resulting in their simultaneous demise.
Kuwagust will use these attacks when fighting Zero:
- Kuwagust will charge at Zero. If the player dodges, Kuwagust will turn around and try again. If the player gets caught, Kuwagust will pinch Zero in a grab position.
- Kuwagust will summon a whirlwind to try and grab Zero.
- Kuwagust will summon four lasers in a sequence to shoot Zero.
- EX Skill: Spinning Blade (スピニングブレード) - Kuwagust Anchus forces Zero back with a gust from his spinning pincers, then charges at him, leaving a trail of electric sparks behind him.
Nickname: Wind God of Pincer Attacks (Kyougeki no Fuujin, 狭撃の風神)
- Sub-boss: Tentolancer
- Sub-boss: Golem Type E
- Panel Cannon
- Pantheon Hammer
- Pantheon Hopper
- Pantheon Hunter
- The second name of Herculious and Kuwagust is the same in Japan, but had different translations: Anchortus and Anchus. This issue was fixed in Mega Man Zero Collection.
- The character may be a reference to Gravity Beetle, as both characters are based on bugs and had a brother who died at the hands of the protagonists and wanted to avenge them. Kuwagust is also based on the same bug as Boomer Kuwanger, Gravity Beetle's brother.
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth