Libra Scales, known as Libra Balance (リブラ・バランス Ribura Baransu) in Japan, is the EM Wave Change between Geo's teacher Mitch Shepar and the FM-ian Libra. Libra was the one who combined with Mr. Shepar because he couldn't make up his mind about whether to keep to his ideals of fun learning and get fired or stop his ideals for the sake of his children.
Libra Scales is the result of Mitch and Libra merging after Mitch's mental break down due to stress. Libra convinces Mitch that he must abandon his ideals in order to succeed and he activates the Study Wave (an EM wave that stimulates brain activity), forcing his students to study nonstop. After Geo (as Mega Man) encountered Libra Scales in the Study Wave Comp, they battle and Libra Scales lost, Libra being destroyed.
Libra was later resurrected by Cepheus, who took the form of Libra Scales via memory data. However, he is defeated again.
Although Libra is absent, he appears as a Noise Change with no element.
After Libra failed to recreate the designs of bottle rockets (which Shepar was planning to use in his science class), he gives up, transforms to Libra Scales and attacks the labs. During his attacks, he causes fires atop some tanks, which threaten to cause an explosion should the pressure get too high. Mega Man eventually stops him, injuring him critically and forcing him to retreat again.
Later, Libra can take on the form of Libra Scales without Mitch Shepar with the wavelength device that Cygnus stole. He takes this form to fight Mega Man and to stop his fellow FM-ians from destroying his TV show. When Libra develops a split personality later in the series, he splits into a "Fire half" and an "Aqua half", both of which represent his aggressive or passive choices respectively. The Fire half decides to resume the attack on Earth, transforming into Libra Scales to do so. Eventually, when the Fire half accidentally sets off a fire that traps himself, the Aqua half arrives, and both resolve to work together and put out the fire.
Attacks and Abilities
In the first Mega Man Star Force game, Libra Scales has the following attacks and abilities:
- Element Change - Libra Scales will alternate between Fire and Aqua elements at different intervals. If attacks are timed correctly the player can hit him with the correct elemental weakness for more damage.
- Super Armor - Libra Scales cannot flinch.
- Float Shoes - Libra Scales is immune to effects of harmful panels.
- Flame Weight - Libra Scales fires a fireball at the player. It spreads sideways when it reaches the player's row.
- Aqua Weight - Libra Scales fires a waterball at the player. It spreads sideways when it reaches the player's row.
- Heavy Weight - Libra Scales drops a weight at the player's position. This attack cannot be blocked.
- Libra Swing - Libra Scales stands at the center of the area and spins around, attacking with his arms. Must be blocked.
Mega Man Star Force
|Mega Card 10||LibraScals||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||70||None|
|Mega Card 11||LibrScalsEX||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||90||None|
|Mega Card 12||LibrScalsSP||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||100||None|
Mega Man Star Force 2
Libra Scales Battle Cards can be used with Wave Command Cards.
|Mega Card||LibraScals||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||70||None|
|Mega Card||LibrScalsEX||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||90||None|
|Mega Card||LibrScalsSP||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row.||150||None|
Mega Man Star Force 3
Libra Scales Battle Cards appear as Illegal Cards.
|Galaxy Advance||Description||Attack||Element||Battle Cards|
|LibraSclsGA||2-hit Fire, Aqua on last and 1st row||180||None||MadFire2|
- A recurring habit that Libra Scales had in the anime was to give others or himself a choice of A or B in a situation, though the choices were always the same (such as A being annihilation and B being destruction, when presenting the choices to Bob Copper and his officers).
- He is the only Mega Man Star Force boss who has two elements - Fire and Aqua.
|Aqua-type EM Beings|
|Cancer Bubble • Diamond Ice • Pegasus Magic • Plesio Surf • Queen Virgo • Yeti Blizzard|
|Fire-type EM Beings|
|Apollo Flame • Jack Corvus • Leo Kingdom • Taurus Fire|
|Mega Man Star Force series|
| Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Luna Platz (Ophiuca/Vogue • Queen Ophiuca) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) • A.C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)|
Patrick Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Phantom • Dark Phantom) • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Kazuma
| Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
| Mega Man Star Force • Ryuusei no Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
| Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • Planet AM • Planet FM • OOPArts • Dealer • Satella Police|
Transer • Star Carrier • Hunter VG • Visualizer • Star Break • Tribe On • Noise Change
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Kaizou Gear