The Lightning Bolt can also be used to stall in mid-air, similar to Astro Crush. This weapon is very effective against Cold Man and King, as they are stunned in. The weapon perhaps provides the greatest aid against King Plane, since if the player is about to fall into a pit or a flying platform is destroyed by the plane's fists, it can be used to halt the fall and land on one of the platforms.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man & Bass.
|Jet King Robo||1|
Activating a Lightning Bolt uses five weapon energy units and releases four downward bolts of lightning in random areas. It can still be activated if less than five units of weapon energy remain. The user can activate the Lightning Bolt six times with a full energy gauge. With the energy-saving device equipped, it uses three units of energy per use. It can be used ten times with a full gauge and the energy-saver equipped.
- Along with the Time Stopper and Tornado Blow, Lightning Bolt is one of the few weapons where the player does not have enough energy in one stock to eliminate the boss that is weak to it (unless equipped with the Energy Saver).
- In Mega Man Powered Up, Elec Man has a new special attack on Normal and Hard difficulty that is similar to Lightning Bolt, but he shouts "Thunder Bolt!" instead.
- When the player obtains the weapon and sees Mega Man/Bass give a demonstration of its usage, the weapon's name is misspelled: there is only one "n" in the word "lightning" making it "Lightnig Bolt". This was corrected in the GBA version.
- Bass's attack animation for the Lightning Bolt in Mega Man & Bass may be an homage to the Japanese 70s super robot Great Mazinger's signature Thunder Break attack.
- Rain Flush from Mega Man 4
- Gravity Hold from Mega Man 5
- Centaur Flash from Mega Man 6
- Astro Crush from Mega Man 8
- Tornado Blow from Mega Man 9
|Electric Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Mega Man Classic series||Bit Cannon • Electric Shock • Force Field • Lightning Bolt • Plug Ball • Scramble Thunder • Spark Shock |
Thunder Beam • Thunder Bolt • Thunder Claw • Thunder Wool
|Mega Man X series||Electric Spark • Lightning Web • Thunder Dancer • Triad Thunder • Tri-Thunder • Volt Tornado|
|Mega Man X series||E-Blade • Lightning • Raijingeki • Raijinken • Raijinshou • Raikousen • Tri-Thunder|
|Mega Man Zero series||Saber Smash • Sengatotsu • Shield Sweep • Spark Shot • Thunder Stab • Tractor Shot • V-Shot|