List of characters that only appear in mangas.
Fake Dr. Light
In Rockman: Yomigaeru Blues, Dr. Wily created a robot copy of Dr. Light to replace the real one, which is captured by him. The false Dr. Light convinces Mega Man to help Dr. Wily and the Wily Patrol, joining forces with Wily to expand his army. When Mega Man is away, the impostor dismantles Roll and Eddie, but they are repaired by Dr. Cossack. Later, Dr. Wily tries to trick Mega Man with the fake Dr. Light, but Proto Man appears with the real Dr. Light and destroys the copy.
Karate 003 (KARATE003号) is a robot from the Rockman 6 manga, that challenges Mega Man early in the story.
Mengo (メンゴ) is the manager of the Wily Patrol in Rockman: Yomigaeru Blues.
Wily Blues (ワイリー・ブルース Wairī Burūsu, "Wily Proto Man") is a copy of Proto Man that appears in the manga Rockman: Yomigaeru Blues. Wily Blues is the leader of an army of robots that is attacking the city. Mega Man discover his hideout and talks with him, but the real Proto Man appears and exposes the identity of the fake, and the two fight against Wily Blues. Proto Man is heavily damaged during the battle, and Wily Blues calls his troops to defeat Mega Man. Fortunately, four of Dr. Cossack's robots appear and help Mega Man by fighting against the robot army while he faces Wily Blues, destroying him. Wily Blues has a retractable shield in his left arm, a projectile attack called Blues Spear in his right arm, and the Twin Buster, a powerful attack with both arms.
Wily Man (ワイリーマン Wairīman) is a character from the Rockman 7 manga, appearing in a parody from chapter 16 where Dr. Wily is the hero and Dr. Light and his robots are the villains who are trying to take over Wily Land. Wily uses a robotic armor and the Wily Buster to fight against Light and his machines, each with an unique attack:
- Roll - Roll Muchi ("Roll Whip", a whip attack)
- Rush - Rush Burner (Rush increases the power of his jets to burn the opponent)
- Eddie - Eddie Bomb (Eddie releases bombs from his head)
- Beat - Beat Beam (Beat launches a beam from his mouth)
- Auto - Danger Neji ("Danger Screw", Auto throws several explosive screws)
After Wily Man destroys them and Dr. Light's machine, it is revealed that this is all a video game being played by Dr. Wily while the real Mega Man is making his way through the fortress. Back to the game, the evil Dr. Light orders Mega Man to attack, and Wily Man has trouble against him. Wily Man changes his fingers into tools and uses a "Magical Dash" to rapidly create Gamerizer, using it to destroy Mega Man and winning the game.
Wily Man is also mentioned in the Mega Man Megamix story "Power Battle".
Rock & Rush
Rockman Brazil (ロックマンブラジル Rokkuman Burajiru) is Rockman's brother who seemingly left for Brazil in Sakura's The Capricious Rock & Rush comics. Brazil has made a handful of cameos in 4-koma strips and Capcom Secret Files. He also appears in the image gallery of the PlayStation re-release of Rockman 2 and in one panel from the manga Mega Man Megamix.
Computer control robot
An unnamed one-eyed hand-like robot that has the ability to control computers. In the epilogue from Rockman & Forte he uses his ability to make all robots from a new Robot Museum follow him, and Mega Man tries to stop them. The robot is able to defend against Mega Man's attacks by closing his hand. Bass, angry that it tried to control him, challenges him to a fight. It attacks Bass by punching him with his hand closed, crushing him with his hand open, and commemorates his two consecutive attack with a V sign, like rock-paper-scissors. Bass laughs and asks him to continue, saying he is having fun. When the robot attacks with "rock" again, Bass uses "scissors" and makes two small holes in the robot, mocking him saying his stronger scissors is able to beat his rock. The robot then begins firing lasers from his eye in several directions, and he is destroyed by the combined shot of Mega Man and Bass, Bass saying he is the one that defeat it as he is the fastest and strongest of the two.
McCall (マッコール Makkōru) is a federal government minister that contacts Dr. Light near the end of the story.
Mother Computer (マザーコンピューター) runs the energy of a city. The Yellow Devil MK-II goes after it in the story "Metal Heart" and the Mother Computer is damaged. In the end of the story the Mother Computer and Yellow Devil MK-II are combined in a single machine.
Build Man and Judge Man
Build Man and Judge Man are two competitors from the Ultimate Robot Championship that appear briefly in "The Strongest Enemy to Date". When Mr. X starts his attack to conquer the world, they are burned by Flame Man.
Battle & Chase competitors
Many racers from the Battle & Chase competition were created by fans. One page of the manga includes some concepts of characters used, such as Snipe Man (スナイプマン), Worm Man (ワームマン), Mad Wheeler, and Gazy Man.
In October 2009, Hitoshi Ariga opened a contest for fan-made characters to appear in Rockman Gigamix vol. 2, specifying that they would appear in a robot mob and be destroyed. Over one hundred robots appeared in the story "Moon of Darkness", where they are destroyed by Terra.
The characters present are:
The back cover also includes some entrant illustrations that didn't appear in the story, such as Entry #20 Monk Man by shosya, Entry #42 Peach Man by The Muzudon, Entry #79 Radio Man by AWD!, and Entry #86 Coil Man by Brett.
Dr. Auto Numbers
Dr. Auto Numbers (DAN), known as the Dr. Rightot Numbers (Dr.ライトットナンバーズ DRTN) in Japan, are robots created by Auto (Rightot) in the "Dr. Auto's Laboratory" shorts from Hitoshi Ariga's Mega Man Maniax. The robots were based on ideas readers sent to Ariga. Auto's robots often malfunction and explode, causing injury to Dr. Light. In later stories, Bass went to Dr. Light's Laboratory to face Mega Man, and Auto says that Bass must defeat his robots to find Mega Man. They aren't much of a challenge for Bass as most aren't even able to fight.
- DAN.001 Surprise Man (ビックリマン Bikkuri Man) - A simple robot that can suddenly change his appearance to surprise people, having a scary grimace. He can also make Battons go out of his mouth. Besides Battons, he ended up releasing screws and springs and exploded. He is later repaired and tries to surprise Bass, but Bass simply tells him to "shut up" and destroys him. He was submitted by "Ayahn".
- DAN.002 Shake Man (シェイクマン) - A blender robot that ended up blending itself and exploding. Bass later finds him busy in his "stage" (the kitchen) and destroys him. He was submitted by "Hetchee".
- DAN.003 Giga Auto (ギガ・ライトット Giga Raitotto, Giga Rightot in Japan) - A 57 meters tall robot with resemblance to Auto. It has a cockpit (which is also an escape pod) on its head, but when Auto enters the robot with the pod, it exceeds the weight capacity and explodes, Auto noting that he forgot to take the capsule's weight into account. It was later rebuilt as "Giga Auto R" (Giga Rightot R), but his legs were too thin to support the weight and felt on Bass, causing it to explode Dr. Light's lab. He was submitted by "Auto II".
- DAN.004 Massage Man (マッサージマン) - A robot created to give massages, being used on Dr. Light in the hospital to help him recover. However, he malfunctions and Auto has no choice but to activate its self-destruction, injuring Dr. Light again. He is the first of Auto's robot fought by Bass, and is easily defeated in the entrance of Dr. Light's lab. In his second appearance he has the word "tsubo" (つぼ, "jar") written on his chest, which his head resembles. His Special Weapon is Massage Finger. He was submitted by "Kurage".
- DAN.005 TV Man (ＴＶマン) - A robot with a television as head, with a face shown in the screen. Others can pull out anything shown on his screen. While wondering what to test it on, Cut Man asks where is Dr. Light, and Auto decides to try it on him as he is giving an interview in New York. However, Light is a bit chubby to pass the screen and TV Man ends up exploding. He is later repaired and used as the Stage Select screen (shown above) for Bass. He was the last of Dr. Auto Numbers to be defeated, getting caught in Giga Auto R's explosion. He was submitted by "Nagaoka".
- DAN.006 Suika Man (スイカマン , "Watermelon Man") - A watermelon-like robot representing the suikawari game. The Kanji in his eyes is "hitchuu" (必中), which roughly means "hitting the target", and he has "suika" written in his chest. At first he appears to be a skilled fighter, but he ends up hitting himself and collapses.
- DAN.007 Sensuikan Man (せんすいかんマン , "Submarine Man") - A submarine-like robot. Due to his small size, Bass was unable to find him inside a bathtub. Tango is the sub-boss from his "stage", the bathroom in Dr. Light's lab.
- DAN.008 Sexy Man (セクシーマン) - The last robot created by Auto, a robot that uses makeover and has the word "kuchibeni" (クシベニ, "lipstick" in Japanese) written in his abdomen. When Bass faced him, he says he is cute and calls him darling while hugging him. Angry, Bass destroys him. His stage is Roll's room, and when Roll finds Bass inside after Sexy Man's defeat, she throws him out.
- Armor Man (アーマーマン Āmāman) - A resistant robot created by Dr. Wily.
- Bukinashi Man (武器なしマン , roughly "man without weapon") - A robot created by Dr. Wily that has a simple appearance and no special weapon.
Kyle (カイル Kairu) is a Special A Class Maverick Hunter from the 17th Elite Unit who was killed by Sigma when he went Maverick.
Marth (マルス Marusu, also translatable as "Mars") is a Maverick Hunter who was initially part of the 17th Elite Unit and friend of X, and later was promoted as captain of the 13th Polar Region Unit. When Sigma goes Maverick and Marth is frozen by Chill Penguin, the tremors from nearby earthquakes cause his emergency engine to turn on, allowing him to burst out of his frozen state and assist X in the Alaska base command room. Marth holds Chill Penguin and sacrifices himself so X can destroy the switch inside of Chill Penguin to stop the earthquake driven avalanches from burying the city below.
Teal (ティル Tiru) is an A class Maverick Hunter from the 17th unit and Storm Eagle's girlfriend. When Mavericks hijacked an airplane, they took Teal hostage. Zero rescued her and she helped him take care of the Mavericks inside, while Storm Eagle waited outside by Zero's request trusting her safety to him, but he was forced to leave because of a storm. During the fight, a Maverick with explosives attempted to blow up the airplane. All Mavericks were stopped, but Zero was hurt and Teal fell out the airplane with one bomb and exploded in the air. Storm Eagle asked to be transferred to the 7th Air Cavalry unit after her death, and Zero didn't see him again until Sigma's rebellion.
Boy (ボーイ Bōi) is a character in the first chapter of Rockman X2. He is a member of one rescue team from the Maverick Hunters, which assist and save humans from Maverick attacks. He works with X and is a great fan of his. Boy almost died in the explosion that killed Robin, Bukeno and Easy, but he survived. When he and X where returning to their vehicle, Heel shot him.
It's believed he was based on the Green Biker Dude.
Robin, Bukeno and Easy
Robin (ロビン), Bukeno (ブケノ) and Easy (イージー Ījī) are members of the same rescue team of Boy and Heel. When Heel became a Maverick he set a trap for his team, killing them in an explosion.
Heel (ヒール Hīru) is a member of the same rescue team of Boy. He turned into a Maverick and set a trap to kill his team, disguising several robots like humans that exploded when the team was helping them. His right arm can turn into a powerful buster that can pierce through normal Reploids, killing Boy with one shot and knocking X backwards. He thought he managed to kill X, but was killed off-guard by X with a fully charged shot.
A-1 is a short and friendly Reploid that works as an operator for the Maverick Hunters in the manga Irregular Hunter Rockman X. He bears a slight resemblance to Middy, who didn't appear until several years later.
Raigyan β (ライギャンβ) is a liger-like Maverick Reploid that appears in the first chapter of the manga Irregular Hunter Rockman X. He originally worked as the guard of a natural zoo in Africa. He is an agile Reploid and is able to wall jump. He is equipped with claws on his arms and is able to release flames from his tail and smoke from his mouth.
The manga begins with Raigyan β attacking a market, and when he is about to kill a human, X and Zero appear to stop him. Raigyan β runs away and the Maverick Hunters go after him. As they catch up to him, he tries to fight, but is injured in the battle and releases smoke from his mouth to cover his escape. After this he rides in a warehouse to repair his leg. Later, X (with a Ride Armor), Zero and Vile find him and they fight, and as he is in disadvantage, Raigyan β releases smoke again to hide his position. However, X manages to find him and holds him with his Ride Armor. While X is holding Raigyan β, Vile starts shooting at them without regard to X being in vicinity. Raigyan β is destroyed by Vile's attacks, and X barely survives by using the Ride Armor as cover.
Lito (リト Rito) is a main character from the manga.
Roze (ロゼ) is a duplicate of Zero created by Dr. Weil. He challenged Zero onto a one-week duel to protect the village from Dr. Weil's robot. Roze ends up being thrown by the Zero Knuckle, and is not mentioned again later, although he did appear in one story later. Roze has better weapon technology, such as a vulcan.
- Lito's two unnamed friends.
- Lito's Grandfather.
- A Reploid from the Resistance that helps Zero and is killed by Phantom.
- Villagers that helps Zero rescue Lito from Blizzack Staggroff.
Sho (笙) is a Reploid friend of Vent's. He and Vent are often seen playing a hand-held video game much like a PET and having "competitions" together. After Vent joins the Guardians, Sho decides he wants to join as well so he can become "like the hero he saw"; however, it is unknown whether he was ever actually allowed to join or not. Sho was kidnapped and nearly killed by Purprill the Mandroid, who wanted to use Sho as a ransom to force Vent to hand over the Biometals he had acquired. Purprill fused with Biometals Model H, Model L, and Model F, but was unable to withstand the excess power for long and ended up falling to pieces. The damaged Biometals were returned to Fleuve for repairs and Vent continued on to fight Serpent. Sho rode his motorbike to the top of the Slither Inc. tower and returned the newly repaired Biometals to Vent so he could defeat Serpent, but seemed to be thrown off the edge of the tower by one of Serpent's attacks. After the fight was over, Vent saw that Sho had been saved from falling off the edge of the tower when his shirt collar caught on a protruding piece of stone. The two friends then returned to the Guardian Base together.
- ↑ The Reploid Research Lavatory-Rock Brother
- ↑ The Reploid Research Lavatory: The Weird, Wild & Whimsical World of “Rock & Rush”
- ↑ Rockman Complete Works: Rockman 2 Database image of Rockman Brazil
- ↑ The Reploid Research Lavatory: Coffee from Brazil?
- ↑ ArigaMegamix: Rockman Questions and Answers (Part 3)
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Get Your Characters In Rockman Gigamix
- ↑ Rockman Gigamix vol. 2 review by Rock Miyabi
- ↑ NicoNico Douga: Rockman Maniax: Dr. Rightot's Challenge voiced by fans