Maoh the Giant (マオー・ザ・ジャイアント Maō Za Jaianto) is the boss of the Opening Stage of Mega Man X3. It is a gigantic Mechaniloid that was part of Dr. Doppler's army when they attacked the headquarters of the Maverick Hunters. It attacks by punching with the large, spiked steel balls attached to its arms, crushing its enemies and building alike. Its only weak points are its head and arms. Unlike the Opening Stage boss in Mega Man X2, Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0, touching Maoh's head or arms while they are in the background will not damage the player, and its attacks only inflict 1 unit of damage.
- Maoh the Giant is the first boss from Rockman X DiVE.
- Maoh the Giant was planned to appear in the cancelled game Rockman Online.
- Maoh is a pun of まおう (Maō), which is often transcribed into kanji "魔王" (lit. "Demon King").
- A similar robot, a Reploid named Hell the Giant, appears in Mega Man Zero 4.
- Coincidentally, Maoh is said to be a Reploid in the book Rockman Memories, although this may be an error as most sources show that he is a Mechaniloid.
- Mega Man X3 ending, Compendium of Rockman X page 50 and other sources
|Mega Man X3|
|Toxic Seahorse • Tunnel Rhino • Volt Catfish • Crush Crawfish • Neon Tiger • Gravity Beetle • Blast Hornet • Blizzard Buffalo|
|Maoh the Giant • Vile MK-II • Bit • Byte • Godkarmachine O Inary • Press Disposer • Volt Kurageil • Dr. Doppler • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Acid Burst • Tornado Fang • Triad Thunder • Spinning Blade • Ray Splasher • Gravity Well • Parasitic Bomb • Frost Shield|
- Other -
|Hunter Base • Giant Dam Stage • Quarry Stage • Power Control Center Stage • Shipyard Stage • Safari Park Stage • Airborne Aircraft Carrier Stage • Weapons Factory Stage • Frozen Town Stage • Vile Stage • Dr. Doppler's Laboratory|
|Armor Parts • Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X3 enemies • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|
|Rockman X DiVE|