Mega Man Legacy Collection, known as Rockman Classics Collection (ロックマン クラシックス コレクション) in Japan, is the first game in the Mega Man Legacy Collection series and a game collection from the classic Mega Man series produced by Capcom and Digital Eclipse. Its digital release was on August 25, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows (via Steam), and 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. A physical release was released on February 23, 2016. A release for the Nintendo Switch was released on May 22nd 2018. It contains the first six Mega Man games with high definition 8-bit graphics and additional content.
The physical 3DS release also has a limited version titled Collector's Edition (Limited Edition in Japan). The North American version contains a golden Mega Man amiibo and six postcards, while the Japanese version includes a Wily Numbers cover jacket, a Rockman notebook with research journal entries by Dr. Light, five pixelated sticky tags, a large box and two download codes for 3DS themes.
A sequel was announced on June 5, 2017 Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 for the PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One, which consists of Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10 which was released on August 8, 2017.
- A database with details about the enemies in the games. The player can also have practice battles against each Robot Master.
- An expansive challenge mode with replays and leaderboards.
- A museum with an exhaustive collection of sketches, art and other visual materials at high resolutions.
- A collection of music where players can listen to the entire soundtrack from all 6 games, though each music track has a limit to how long they can play it turns off based on the length of that track.
- The version of the game released on the Nintendo Switch and later update to the other platforms includes a rewind option, which allows the player to rewind the game at any point in the game which also allows the player to correct any potential mistakes. On the Playstation, the rewind can be executed with .
These are the achievements and trophies for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam versions of Mega Man Legacy Collection.
- Wily & Right's RockBoard: That's Paradise was considered to be included as an unlockable, but ultimately ended up getting dropped.
- Due to Capcom handling the new release of Mega Man 6 in North America as part of this collection instead of Nintendo, the "Licensed by Nintendo" disclaimer from the original release has been removed.
- The game sold over one million copies.
- In the original article announcement from Capcom Unity for the Nintendo Switch version, it was mentioned that the other previous releases of this game would be given a patch update to use the rewind option on their respective systems. However this patch update did not come out after the Switch release, nor was it mentioned again in later articles from Capcom Unity prior to the release of the Switch version. It was later released on December 12, 2018.
- This is the only Legacy Collection series game that was released on the Nintendo 3DS.
- All six games have also been released on IOS by Capcom Mobile and despite having no relation to this game, their bundle pack is similarly named as Mega Man Legacy Bundle.
- Official Japanese site
- Mega Man Legacy Collection on Steam
- Mega Man Legacy Collection on the PlayStation Store
- Capcom-Unity: Mega Man Legacy Collection Release Date
- READY? Mega Man 11 is coming in Late 2018!
- Capcom-Unity: Mega Man Legacy Collection brings enhanced 8-bit classics to new platforms
- Protodude's Rockman Corner: Physical Mega Man Legacy Collection Editions Up for Pre-order
- The Reploid Research Lavatory: Weird Science
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 Announce Trailer
- Capcom-Unity: Mega Man Legacy Collection Challenge Contest
- Protodude's Rockman Corner: Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 On Switch Will Include 3DS Museum Content & Amiibo Challenges
- The Reploid Research Lavatory: The 3DS Difference
- Protodude's Rockman Corner: RockBoard Was Considered for Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Capcom IR: Platinum Titles
- Apple Store Page for Legacy Bundle