The Mega Man Legacy Collections are a series of compilations in the Mega Man franchise released by Capcom. They compile the entirety of the mainline video games from a Mega Man series that have been previously released into one to two discs or cartridges, sometimes even including two series in one, but unlike previous collections do not include any spin-off or side titles. There are currently five games in the series, compiling the Classic, X, Zero, and ZX series. The latest title is Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, which collects the Zero and ZX series onto a single disc or cartridge, set to come out on January 21, 2020 in America, and January 23 of the same year in Japan.
Each collection adds new game modes, galleries, extras, and any DLC that is available for applicable games, as well as higher definition filters and “Easy” modes for newcomers and added PSN Trophy, Achievement points, and Amiibo support depending on the platform as well as a Medal-based award system for the X Legacy Collection games. The Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch versions for the first Mega Man Legacy Collection also includes additional material in the gallery section that is not available on other platforms.
Legacy Collections are sold at a lower price than a full price game, ranging from $15-20 USD for a single collection or $30-40 for a combo pack of both. The Nintendo e-shop is the only digital platform that does not sell the games in bundle packs. Nintendo Switch physical copies include a download code for the second collections as a free digital purchase and download instead of a physical cartridge, with the minor exception of the Japanese release of Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 as both of the Rockman X Anniversary Collection games are also sold separately in Japan in physical format aside from the same combo release like the rest of the world. In addition the first four Legacy Collection games and Mega Man 11 are sold on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in a digital bundle pack as part of the 30th Anniversary Collection which unlike the lesser bundle packs offers a reduced price at $59.99, which is $40 off when compared to the combined individual prices for all five games. Only one game, the first Mega Man Legacy Collection, was released on the Nintendo 3DS.
- Mega Man Legacy Collection (Rockman Classics Collection)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Rockman Classics Collection 2)
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection (Rockman X Anniversary Collection)
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 (Rockman X Anniversary Collection 2)
- Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (Rockman Zero & ZX Double Hero Collection)
- Legacy Collection is a subtitle exclusive to non-Japanese versions of the collections. In Japan, each collection is named differently per series, such as the Classic collections being referred to as the Classics Collections, the X collections being referred to as the X Anniversary Collections, and the Zero/ZX collection being called the Double Hero Collection.
- The games from the first Legacy Collection for the Classic series have also been released on IOS (along with Mega Man X). In addition, their bundle pack was also given a similar name, Mega Man Legacy Bundle.