Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, known as Rockman Zero & ZX Double Hero Collection (ロックマン ゼロ&ゼクス ダブルヒーローコレクション) in Japan, is the fifth game in the Mega Man Legacy Collection series, collecting the Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX series produced by Capcom and Inti Creates. It contains the four games from the Zero series and the two games of the ZX series along with additional content and gameplay modes for both series. It was officially announced on August 27, 2019, and was released on February 25, 2020 worldwide for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam).
The collection includes the Mega Man Zero and ZX series in their entirety:
- The dual-screen controls from Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent are back. As the game has been modified to fit everything onto a single screen, the players now have the option to position these controls to where they prefer on the screen in seven separate configurations, which are controlled through the right joystick or touchpad in the case of the Steam controls.
- Akin to Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2's Rookie Hunter Mode, the game presents a Casual Scenario Mode, which, among other changes, prevents players from dying upon falling into bottomless pits.
- This is the second Zero series release to offer easier gameplay for inexperienced players, the first was Easy Scenario from Mega Man Zero Collection. Changes done in the Mega Man Zero Collection are also present in this collection.
- The game presents a new Save-Assist feature, which puts extra checkpoints that function as save states along stages. This allows players to retry and practice difficult sections and bosses, which functions similar to the save feature from Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 of being able to save and resume at certain parts of a stage.
- The Casual Scenario Mode and the Save-Assist feature can be turned on or off independently of each other.
- The game also presents the ability to toggle between the Original and 'Mastered' voice tracks for Mega Man ZX Advent.
- Voice quality is increased from Mega Man Zero series.
- A new Link Mode accessible from the main menu has been added for Mega Man ZX to mimic the Nintendo DS/Nintendo DS Lite's Dual Link feature from the original release which allows for players to face against the Mutos Reploid bosses from Zero 3 and Zero 4. This is achieved by pressing a button based on the controller while highlighting Start for ZX ( (PS4), X (NS), Y (Xbox One/Steam)) to open the screen to do this.
- In Mega Man Zero, the save slot is increased 3 to 6.
- Much like with the previous Legacy Collection releases each game has its own wallpaper design which the player can switch through or turn off. Similar to Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 each game has multiple wallpaper, which is two for each game. Also similar to Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2, any type of wallpaper can be selected from any of the games regardless of game, along with the wallpaper from Z Chaser and a hidden unlockable wallpaper (by collecting half of the ZZ Cards).
- However the wallpaper from Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent can be further affected not just by the size of the screen, but also the type the player uses to position the dual-screen controls for the respective game.
- Easy/Beginner Mode is removed from Mega Man Zero 4, ZX and ZX Advent, it was replaced with Casual Scenario Mode.
- The conditions to unlock the minigames from the games were changed to make them easier to unlock.
- An illustration gallery and music player in the same style as the one from both Mega Man X Legacy Collection titles.
- This is the second Zero series title to include an art gallery as an extra, after the previous collection game Mega Man Zero Collection.
- A new Z Chaser mode. This mode will have a difficulty level setting from lowest to highest: B, A, S, Z, and ZZ and is a time trial-type challenge.
- It will be available on three special modes: "Single Chaser" (single player challenge), "Double Chaser" (2-player challenge), and "World Record Chaser" (where the time of the best players are recorded and similar to the past Legacy Collections and Mega Man 11, their performance can be viewed by other players).
- This mode will have 12 standard challenges in total, 2 for each game.
- There is also a hidden thirteenth challenge which the stage used is from the Mega Man a minigame from Mega Man ZX Advent. To unlock this challenge the other 12 challenges must be completed successfully at Rank S or higher.
- Rank color is Purple, Blue, Green, Red, and Gold respectively.
- Much like with Mega Man X through Mega Man X6 in the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 releases, graphics in this collection for the Zero and ZX games can also be adjusted with HD filters.
Players who pre-order this collection can get free DLC for ten new music tracks; six of them being remixes from the games included (one for each game) and four bonus selections, which are only accessible in the Music Player.
Similar to the Hunter Medals from the Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2, ZZ Cards can be collected by completing certain feats within the games, which for most systems excluding the Switch can also award the player with PSN Trophies/Achievement Points. ZZ Cards also unlock Bonus Cards for Mega Man Zero 3.
|Image||Name||Description||PSN Trophy Class||Xbox Live|
|Everlasting Red||Complete Mega Man Zero, Zero 2, Zero 3, Zero 4, ZX, and ZX Advent.||Gold||110|
|Easy Listening||Listen to 3 tracks from each album in the Music Player, then beat any game and listen to its ending theme.||Bronze||15|
|Card Collector||View 30 cards across all six titles in the Gallery, then change the wallpaper to the secret image.||Bronze||15|
|Outrunner||Outrun the ghost for the first time in Z Chaser.||Bronze||15|
|Running the Gauntlet||Complete all stages in Z Chaser (including hidden stage).||Silver||30|
|Rude Awakening||Complete the opening stage in Mega Man Zero.||Bronze||15|
|I'll Leave This World to You...||Complete Mega Man Zero (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Patience is a Virtue||Listen to all of Andrew's monologues to the end in Mega Man Zero (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Bronze||15|
|Permission to Enter||Enter Ciel's room at the base in Mega Man Zero.||Silver||30|
|Ice Breaker||Destroy the ice dragon summoned with Leviathan's "Spirit of the Ocean" EX Skill in Mega Man Zero.||Bronze||15|
|It's Not Over Yet||Complete Mega Man Zero 2 (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Lookin' Xy!||Obtain the X Form in Mega Man Zero 2.||Bronze||15|
|Going Out with a Bang||Use an EX Skill to score the final hit against any boss in Mega Man Zero 2.||Gold||100|
|Crab for Dinner Tonight?||Defeat Gazamir in Mega Man Zero 2.||Bronze||15|
|I Am Zero||Complete Mega Man Zero 3 (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Does a Body Good||Obtain all body chips in Mega Man Zero 3.||Bronze||15|
|Cyber Diver||Exit Cyberspace after experiencing it for the first time in Mega Man Zero 3.||Bronze||15|
|Try Growin' That Back!||Cut off Blazin' Flizard's tail in Mega Man Zero 3.||Bronze||15|
|Watch, Zero...||Complete Mega Man Zero 4 (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Chip Maker||Create a chip by combining collected parts in Mega Man Zero 4.||Bronze||15|
|Crystal Maker||Create an S-Crystal in Mega Man Zero 4.||Bronze||15|
|Towards the Future I Believe In||Complete Mega Man ZX (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Like Taking Candy From a Baby||Obtain a W Tank in Mega Man ZX.||Silver||30|
|To the Nines||Obtain all Item B chips in Mega Man ZX.||Bronze||15|
|Laser Surgery||Obtain a Biometal with a Lv. 4 victory in Mega Man ZX.||Bronze||15|
|A Chosen Fate||Complete Mega Man ZX Advent (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Can Never be Too Prepared||Obtain all 4 subtanks in Mega Man ZX Advent.||Bronze||15|
|Pedal to the Metals||Obtain at least one of each bronze, silver, and gold medals in Mega Man ZX Advent.||Bronze||15|
|I Don't Need Biometals||Defeat a boss in Grey's Reploid form or Ashe's Human form in Mega Man ZX Advent.||Silver||30|
|Image||Name||Description||PSN Trophy Class||Xbox Live|
|Disaster Prevention||Intercept the bombardment aircraft in Mega Man Zero 2.||Bronze||15|
|Proof of Justice||Defeat Copy X Mark II in Mega Man Zero 3.||Bronze||15|
|Fated Rematch||Defeat Phantom in Cyberspace in Mega Man Zero 3 (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Silver||30|
|Crisis Averted||Defeat Craft in the Ragnarok Control Room and stop Ragnarok in Mega Man Zero 4.||Bronze||15|
|...What, This Old Thing?||Defeat a boss with three Junk chips equipped and without a cyber-elf equipped in Mega Man Zero 4.||Silver||30|
|Inherited Will||Double Megamerge after inheriting Model Z in Mega Man ZX.||Bronze||15|
|Bloodthirsty Messiah||Defeat Omega in Area N in Mega Man ZX (cannot be earned in Casual Scenario Mode).||Gold||100|
|Reploid Replication||Copy an enemy's data for the first time in Mega Man ZX Advent.||Bronze||15|
Much like with previous PlayStation 4 releases that began with the Mega Man X Legacy Collection series dual-release, collecting all the PSN trophies can earn players the Platinum trophy which is only available for this version.
|Image||Name||Description||PSN Trophy Class|
|Ultimate Hero||Earn all trophies and prove yourself as the ultimate hero.||Platinum|
- This marks the first time mainline games from two different Mega Man series are included on the same disc/cartridge as a collection.
- This also marks the first time that Mega Man ZX and Mega Man ZX Advent have been re-released.
- Additionally, this is the first collection to include two different Mega Man series in their entirety (as of the collection's release) and the first Legacy Collection release to have a single game release for a series instead of it being divided into two separate games.
- While Mega Man X Collection did include Mega Man: Battle & Chase from the classic Mega Man series, the latter is a spin-off and was included as a bonus as opposed to being a main component of the collection.
- This is the first time the Zero and ZX series will be released on a different platform that is not from Nintendo; the Zero series were originally released on the Gameboy Advance and later on the Nintendo DS in the form of Mega Man Zero Collection as well as the Wii U as part of the Nintendo eShop's Virtual Console, and the ZX series was originally released on the Nintendo DS.
- Like Mega Man X Legacy Collection and X Legacy Collection 2, Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is rated T for Teen when their original releases were rated E for Everyone, though Mega Man ZX Advent was originally rated E10+.
- Unlike with Mega Man 8 in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, as well as the Mega Man X PlayStation games in their respective X Legacy Collection games, the Japanese songs from both Mega Man Zero 4 and ZX Advent are not cut due to copyright reasons and can be viewed in their respective version or in the Music Player.
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection Leaked; Due in January 2020
- ↑ Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection delayed to February 25, 2020
- ↑ Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - Original Voice Audio Vs. Mastered Voice Track COMPARISON!
- ↑ Bonus Cards, Link Mode, and more features coming to Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
- ↑ Rockman Unity
- ↑ Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - Z Chaser Overview
- ↑ Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - Reploid Remixes
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth
|Mega Man ZX series|
| Vent • Aile • Ashe • Grey • Girouette • Prairie • Guardians • Hunters • Raiders|
Sage Trinity • Aeolus • Atlas • Thetis • Siarnaq • Serpent • Prometheus • Pandora • Pseudoroids
|Mega Man ZX • Mega Man ZX Advent • Legacy Collection|
|ZX (Vent's story) • ZX (Aile's story) • ZXA (Grey's story) • ZXA (Ashe's story)|
| Biometal • Game of Destiny • Humanoid • Locations • Mega Man |
Mega Man ZX (manga) • ZX Tunes • ZXA Tunes • Rockman ZX Soundsketch - ZX GIGAMIX