Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works, known as Rockman Zero Official Complete Works (ロックマンゼロ オフィシャルコンプリートワークス) in Japan, is a book with a collection of illustrations, character designs, concept art sketches, location designs and much more artwork and information from the Mega Man Zero series.
The book was released in 2006 in Japan by Capcom. An English version was planned to be released in 2007, but was delayed several times to the point of pre-orders being temporarily cancelled until its release in May 28, 2008. The English version was published by UDON. A hardcover re-release of Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works is scheduled to be released on June 11, 2019.
The book has (roughly) 180 pages and is in full color. The contents are divided by introduction, main characters, enemy and boss characters, Cyber-elves, and special contents (sketches, interviews, items, game voices, and others). This book also features exclusive interviews with the series creators.
As the title implies, this is a book about the art of the Mega Man Zero continuity, and does not feature the rest of the Mega Man lexicon.
Differences between versions and errors
- The English version of the book has a special foil cover.
- Most of the bosses' EX Skills (a attack used only when the player has rank A or S) have a different name of Zero's EX Skills in the Japanese version of the book. The English version uses the same name of Zero's EX Skills, including translations for skills that where not translated in the games like Phoenix Magnion's Tenshouzan (Heaven Rising Cut) and Kuwagust Anchus' Sengatotsu (Rotating Fang Thrust). The only exceptions are bosses that don't grant EX Skills to Zero, like Aztec Falcon and Pantheon Core.
- The name of the Four Guardians' armies have a different translation from the games, being more literal. For instance, Phantom's Zan'ei Army is called the Cutting Shadow Squadron.
- Herculious Anchus mantains his name from the original release, Herculious Anchortus. Of note, the book was released before his name's correction in Mega Man Zero Collection.
- Some enemies have a different translation from the games or are mistranslated. For example, Cattatank, Claveker, Glacial, and Metarook are named Charter Tank, Claw Beggar, Glasshar, and Metaluke.
- Seal Cannon's picture was replaced by a Volcaire in the English version.
- R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works
- Rockman.EXE Official Complete Works
- Shooting Star Rockman Official Complete Works
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth