Middle Stage (中間ステージ Chūkan Sutēji), also known as Special Stage (特殊ステージ), is a stage in the Mega Man franchise that is played in the middle of the game, usually after defeating half of the bosses in the Stage Select Screen or a set of four bosses. Middle Stages were introduced in Mega Man III.
Mega Man series
The Middle Stage is an area near the Wily Tower found by Mega Man when he followed the recently awakened Duo. This level has two Bolts, and, in the Sega Saturn version, Cut Man is a secret sub-boss here.
After the defeat of four bosses, Mega Man follows Dr. Wily to his Wily Station and fights against Ballade.
Mega Man X series
The Hunter Base is where X or Zero fight against Dynamo.
- Mega Man Zero - Zero must stop Hittite Hottide before it reaches the Resistance Base.
- Mega Man Zero 2 - After completing the four missions given by Elpizo, Zero rescues Elpizo from his failed Operation Righteous Strike and stops Kuwagust Anchus.
- Mega Man Zero 3 - After defeating four of the Eight Gentle Judges, a set of three stages followed by a battle against Copy X MK-II occur before the other half of the Eight Gentle Judges.
- Mega Man Zero 4 - After defeating four of the Einherjar Eight Warriors, Zero has to stop a Neo Arcadian attack in Area Zero and rescue Neige.
- Mega Man ZX - After the defeat of four Pseudoroids, the Guardian HQ is attacked by Prometheus and Pandora.
|Mega Man X series|