Netopia, known as Ameroppa (アメロッパ) in Japan, is a location in the Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Star Force series based on the real-life America and Europe. Lan Hikari can visit there in Mega Man Battle Network 2 and Mega Man Battle Network 4 by plane, and Geo Stelar can reach the area with the Sky Wave.
Mega Man Battle Network 2
A whole scenario took place in Netopia. It has a large ancient castle that is also used as a secret Official NetBattler base. The castle has an underground maze lined with booby traps used to prevent invasion in ancient times. There is also an underground located in the back streets of Netopia accessed by a dark alley from the main street. The underground contains a group of people living together in a so-called tribe under leadership by Raoul.
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Lan encounters a coliseum where the Red Sun/Blue Moon tournament is held.
Professor Snake says he was bitten by a "Netopian Snake".
In Rockman.EXE Stream, a series of important events occur in Ameroppa:
- In episode 8, the NetSaviors investigate the remnants of an Ameroppa military base after a large explosion was detected from the base. At the base the group experienced a mysterious phenomenon known as Past Vision. Then trilobite viruses suddenly materialize in reality and attacks the base and the group. A Dimensional Area is deployed, but Rockman and Blues were too busy fighting trilobite viruses on the network for Cross Fusion. They were saved by the timely intervention of Colonel, who mysteriously used the Past Tunnel to travel to the future. Colonel deals with the viruses with incredible ease while C.F. Rockman and C.F. Blues defeated the materialized viruses. Later, Netto and Enzan catch a glimpse of a military funeral, later revealed to be that of Barrel, Colonel's operator.
- In episode 15, Enzan works with Raul to arrest Ivan Korisky, the operator of Asteroid ColdMan, who had committed several revenge-related crimes.
- In episode 29, Enzan and Raul work together to arrest Rat, the operator of Asteroid DrillMan, who attempts to break into every lock in the world, which he succeeds in doing before being arrested. The scheme was used before Rat by a man named Jackass, the plan was thwarted by Barrel.
- In episode 31, Barrel was revealed to be a soldier of Ameroppa. It is also finalized that Barrel had died at the end of episode 8.
- In episode 50, Dr. Wily appears in Barrel's apartment, reveals more information about the past of and his relationship with Barrel. He also gave Netto Barrel's PET, which was later used as a beacon so that Barrel could be brought from the past to fight against Duo.
- The Past Tunnel is physically located in Ameroppa.
In Rockman.EXE: Hikari to Yami no Program, it is revealed that Dr. Wily developed Spectrum from the Ameroppa Army in the past on an island only known as KA-222. An Ameroppa task force was sent there to deal with the threat but was utterly destroyed by their own mecha. As a side note, it is also revealed that IPC, has a large influence in the Ameroppa government.
Netopia appears in the manga.
In one of the episodes of the anime, Subaru and Misora investigate the lake known as Donburā Lake. Doctor Orihime told Subaru there was an OOPArt (the Skull of Dinosaur) in the lake. Rockman and Harp Note met with a TV producer called Kyū Demazaki, who did a show on Dossie, a legendary mythical creature who is rumored to inhabit the lake. It was revealed that an UMA Being called Brachio (anime) was the Donburā Lake "monster", and he took control over Kyū to Radio Wave Change into Brachio Wave to scare the citizens of Ameroppa away.
In the end, Rockman and Harp Note managed to subdue Brachio Wave, but the OOPArt was taken by Yeti Blizzard. People saw the OOPArt's aura flying away and assumed Dossie has left the lake, thus the tourists left the lake. Brachio saw that the lake was once more quiet, and decided to spare the citizens of Donburā Lake, thanking Rockman and Harp Note as well.
- Ameroppa is a combination of the Japanese translation for “America" (アメリカ) and Europe, “Yorōppa” (ヨーロッパ).
- Netopia's name is likely a combination of the words "network" and "utopia".
- In the background of Netopia's internet in Mega Man Battle Network 2, it has the text "Ameroppa" written out. This was not localized in the English games to Netopia, so Ameroppa is still in the background.
- During question number #8 of Mega Man Battle Network 2, old sir ask Lan: "what's the name of the popular robot cartoon in Netopia?". And the answer is "RoboX" in reference to Mega Man X.
- English romanization on the background art of Mega Man Battle Network 2
|Mega Man Star Force series|
|Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Luna Platz (Vogue) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) |
Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Dr. Goodall
Pat Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Dark Phantom) • A.C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)
FM King • Dr. Vega • Hollow • Mr. King
|Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
|Mega Man Star Force • Shooting Star Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
|Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • Dealer • Satella Police • Terminals |
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Mod Gear