Noble Mandrago (ノービル・マンドラゴ) is one of the Einherjar Eight Warriors in Mega Man Zero 4. Mandrago is a Mutos Reploid based on the mandrake plant. Mandrago is first seen asking who Zero is, which Mino Magnus replies slowly prompting fellow Einherjar Tech Kraken to finish his train of thought. She questions why humans would choose nature outside of Neo Arcadia rather than stay in Weil's rule. She occupies an underground forest of artificial plants that were creating an erosion on Area Zero. She battles Zero in a room covered with earth, and since she is a half-plant, half-drill Reploid, she can drill through the earth and appear anywhere she likes. She fights by letting Mechaniloids do her work, while she weakens her foes with goo. Still, even with all the advantages she had against Zero, she loses. She's later seen revived on Ragnarok, stating that the world was doomed anyway, since the space station is the seed that will bring a new change to the world. She is defeated again, however.
Mandrago reappears as an optional boss in Area N of Mega Man ZX. The player must have the Mega Man Zero 4 cartridge inserted into the Nintendo DS's Game Boy Advance slot for the battle to take place or by activating the Zero 4 link in the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection re-release.
Although Mandrago has no official weakness, with some skill and practice, Zero can use a strike from the Zero Knuckle to pull her out of the walls, ceiling and floors as she sticks her head out to fire goo. Doing so causes her to bounce of the walls and take a decent amount of damage.
- Spread Seeds - Launches 2-4 plant seeds that deal damage and can grow into a small plant-like Mechaniloids, depending on where they land. These seeds can be destroyed by the Zero Knuckle before they germinate; in doing so Zero throws the seed over his shoulder, potentially causing minor damage to Mandrago.
- Walls or ceilings: Small flowers that occasionally fire a series of energy bullets at Zero.
- Ground: Flytrap-like plants that trap Zero on contact and drain his energy.
- Spread Nectar - Disappears by drilling through the floor, and appears randomly at either the floor or ceiling and shoots three blobs of goo at opponents. This does not cause damage, but getting hit reduces Zero's traction (like walking on ice), prevents him from climbing walls, and summons several Appnets to attack him. Mandrago can be yanked out of the ground with the Zero Knuckle and will take a small amount of bonus damage if hurled into a wall, but doing so is not recommended since this attack pattern is simple to dodge and prevents her from healing.
- Photosynthesis - Recovers a small amount of health if the weather is sunny.
- Spinning - Spins like a top and moves back and forth across the floor at high speeds.
- EX Skill: Spinning Root - Spins horizontally on the upper part of the screen, seeks out Zero and tries to land on him, sending shockwaves across the floor.
|Odoranai?||Would you like to dance?||At the start of the battle|
|Shitsukoi wa yo!||Leave me alone!||At the start of the rematch|
|Shitsurei!||Pardon me!||Drilling into the gorund|
|Gokigenyou!||I hope you're well!||Popping out from the ground or roof|
|Gochisō suru wa!||You should stay for dinner!||Tossing goo|
|Ara, ara.||My, my.||If Zero is hit by goo|
|Chirinasai!||Wither before me!*||Performing her spinning attack|
|Mezawari da wa!||Get out of my sight!||Using her EX-skill stomping attack|
|Ikaga?||How's this?||When her spinning attack ends|
|Nante koto...!?||How can this be...!?||When she is defeated|
|Iya... Iya yo!||No...no...||When she is defeated in the rematch|
- Literally, she's telling Zero to scatter like cherry blossoms would.
Nickname: 崩蝕の樹婦人 (Houshoku no Kifujin, Tree Woman of the Collapsing Erosion)
EX Skill: スピニングルート (Spinning Root)
Mission: Stop the erosion
Zero's EX Skill: Sky Chaser
A Reploid who originally used solar-powered nanomachines to encourage the environment's preservation and regeneration. After being modified by Weil, she had the idea implanted into her brain that "in order for nature to be able to regenerate, it must be placed under complete control, which may involve destruction from time to time."
Based on the mythological plant "mandragora", her design sketches include images of the flower on top of her head open.
In other media
Noble Mandrago appeared in the fourth chapter of the Rockman Zero manga. Noble Mandrago lives by draining Reploid energy, and many Reploids that explored the forest she lives ended up being killed by her. She captures Neige and Craft and Zero go after her to save her, regardless off the many traps Mandrago set in the forest. They fight alongside Omega's henchmen, and is defeated when Zero used a charged Zero Knuckle on her, pulverising her.
|Zero Vs. Noble Mandrago|
|Mega Man Zero series|
|Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection • Legacy Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
|Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth