- "It's time for your punishment! Behold, the myriad magical moves of the wondrous Super Idol, Rafflesian!"
- ―Rafflesian, Mega Man X: Command Mission
Rafflesian gets upset at the party for interrupting her dance practice session, as well as getting a glance at her secret lesson, and attacks the party. Defeating Rafflesian grants the party X's Ultimate Armor and two Figure Tokens.
Rafflesian's design most likely derives from the rafflesia, a parasitic flowering plant in the Indonesian rain forests. This may hint to why she constantly gains life energy each turn. Fittingly, she wears a long skirt resembling the large red petals of a rafflesia. She has light blue hair that comes back in a ponytail, and her face is covered by a pink visor. She also wields a staff with a sun on the tip. All in all, she highly resembles her Belladonna lackeys, but with the skirt and a higher voice to tell her apart.
Rafflesian seems a bit unhinged and obsessive, as she brutally attacks X's party without question upon their interruption. Unlike fellow secret boss Duckbill Mole, there is nothing to indicate that Rafflesian is affiliated with the Rebellion, or if she even knows or cares that the items in her room include an armor mode for X.
|Analysis results for Rafflesian|
|Restores 25% of current LE and grows in Power and Speed a little every turn (until 7 turns).|
Her special attack Sunburst, can hit ten times for 250 damage each unless defended against. She also comes with two Belladonnas as backup. The only clear difference between Rafflesian and her Belladonnas is the large, knee length metallic ballerina skirt she dons (which her Sunburst beams are actually shot from) and her squeakier sounding voice. Therefore, it can be argued that she is the master Belladonna model. Both Rafflesian and the Belladonas regain all of their life energy every turn. They will also gain stat increases; Rafflesian gains each turn, but the Belladonas only gain when they are attacked. It's better to focus on one enemy at a time, starting with Rafflesian. If you hit them all at once, the Belladonas will just gain power and the battle will become tougher.
When encountered by X
Rafflesian: Step♪ Step♪ And turn!♪ Tee hee! Eek! Just who are you?! You caught a glance of my secret lesson, didn't you?! Why, I can't believe this! You dirty little eensy weensy...Arrgggh! Unforgivable! It's time for your punishment! Behold, the myriad magical moves of the wondrous Super Idol, Rafflesian!
"Who are you strangers?!"
"Look at me!"
- Rafflesian shares a few minor similarities with Marino. Not only does Marino's theme song play while fighting against Rafflesian, but both characters are also voiced by the same voice actress, Carol-Anne Day. They also have the same hairstyle (although Rafflesian has blue hair and Marino has green hair).
- Rafflesian was originally planned to be a chapter boss, along with Depth Dragoon and Duckbill Mole, to round out the typical "eight Mavericks" formula. However, when the story was mandated to be cut down, she was repurposed as a secret boss.
- Rafflesian only has four fingers on each hand, a trait she shares with the Belladonnas.
|Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|Mega Man X • Zero • Axl • Steel Massimo • Marino • Cinnamon • Spider|
|Chief R • Nana • Aile • Professor Gaudile|
|Epsilon • Botos • Ferham • Scarface • Wild Jango • Silver Horn • Dr. Psyche • Mach Jentra • Incentas|
|Hippopressor • Shadow • Depth Dragoon • Colonel Redips • Great Redips |
Duckbill Mole • Rafflesian • Tails Clan • Ninetails
|Giga City • Lagrano Ruins • Central Tower • Tianna Camp • Gaudile Laboratory • Ulfat Factory • Gimialla Mine |
Vanallia Desert • Melda Ore Plant • Grave Ruins Base • Far East HQ • Orbital Elevator: Babel
|Action Trigger • Hyper Mode •Final Strike • Force Metal • Deployment Center • Sky Room|
Enemies • Item Box • Items • Script