Rainbow Devil (レインボーデビル Reinbō Debiru) is a boss from the Mega Man Zero series. The Cutting Shadow Squadron's secret weapon, the Rainbow Devil's body is made of a liquid metal that constantly changes colors. Its core, a Pantheon head, controls the body and can change it into any form. Attacks sink into its body, rendering all but the most well-placed attacks to its core (its only vulnerability) useless. The details of the Rainbow Devil's construction are unknown, but it is rumored that he was derived from lost data of ancient times.
The Rainbow Devil is fought in the top of the Neo Arcadia Tower. Its attacks consist in slithering towards Zero and damaging him. It also gives a stretched punch and transforms into a dinosaur-like head, which will bounce off and separate into two spheres (later into four spheres) and stop bouncing. Another one of its attacks consists in launching pieces of itself everywhere in a spiral form.
The Rainbow Devil reappears as the first boss of the final stages. Its attack pattern is similar to the first game, but when it takes a spiral form to launch pieces of itself everywhere, the pieces are now explosive. Another change is that its EX Skill, Nightmare Blow, is now a common attack, and it has a new EX Skill used when its health is reduced by half. The Rainbow Devil changes its body to a gray color and becomes invulnerable for a short time, while it walks toward Zero and makes debris fall from the ceiling with each step.
- Twister Hold - Rainbow Devil will approach towards Zero as a slime. If Zero gets caught, it will will preform a grab attack that strangles Zero causing continuous damage.
- Splash Hurricane (1) / Splash Bomb (2) - Rainbow Devil sends tiny rainbow droplets flying around the room, then they will move back to him. In Mega Man Zero 2 the droplets cause an explosion on impact.
- Bound Attack (1) - Rainbow Devil transforms into a head that bounces around the room. If Zero strikes it, it will split even into more fragments, up to four parts.
- Ice Drop (2) - Rainbow Devil transforms into a head that bounces around the room for a brief moment and attempts to crush Zero, splitting into four parts when it hits the ground.
- EX Skill (Mega Man Zero): Nightmare Blow - Rainbow Devil slams Zero with a hard-hitting punch. Is a common attack in Mega Man Zero 2.
- EX Skill (Mega Man Zero 2): Body Hardening - Rainbow Devil's body temporarily stops changing colors, becoming gray. While in this state, it is immune to damage and is heavier, causing blocks to fall from the ceiling with each step.
Nickname: 虚空の橋の悪夢 (Kokuu no Hashi no Akumu, Nightmare of the Sky Bridge)
EX skill: Nightmare Blow (ナイトメアブロー)
Mega Man Zero:
Mega Man Zero 2:
- The Rainbow Devil is named "Fake Ciel" (ニセシエル Nise Shieru) in its concept art, as during development it was planned to transform into Ciel to trick Zero.
- The Rainbow Devil appears alongside other Devil robots, such as the original Yellow Devil and Shadow Devil, in the Short Circuits for Mega Man #55 in the Archie Comics.
|The "Devil" series robots|
| Yellow Devil • Yellow Devil MK-II • Yellow Devil MK-III • Black Yellow Devil • New Yellow Devil|
Green Devil • Twin Devil • Petit Devil Yellow • Petit Devil Green • Block Devil • Dark Moon • Grey Devil
Shadow Devil • Rainbow Devil • Lava Demon • "Steel Devil" • Chaos Devil
|Mega Man X • Copy X (substitute) • Sage Harpuia (interim) • Dr. Weil (usurper)|
|Sage Harpuia • Hidden Phantom • Fairy Leviathan • Fighting Fefnir|
|Eight Gentle Judges|
| Blazin' Flizard • Childre Inarabitta • Hellbat Schilt • Deathtanz Mantisk|
Cubit Foxtar • Glacier le Cactank • Volteel Biblio • Tretista Kelverian
|Rekku Gundan||Aztec Falcon • Herculious Anchus • Kuwagust Anchus • Panter Flauclaws|
|Jin'en Gundan||Anubis Necromancess|
|Meikai Gundan||Blizzack Staggroff • Poler Kamrous • Maha Ganeshariff|
|Zan'ei Gundan||Hanumachine • Hyleg Ourobockle • Phoenix Magnion • Burble Hekelot • Rainbow Devil • Tech Kraken|
|Mechaniloid Units|| Golem • Guard Orotic • Hittite Hottaid • Asura Basura |
Mega Scorpia • Carnage Force 0 • Randam Bandam
|Foot Soldiers||Pantheon (List) • Variant|
|Craft • Omega|
|Einherjar Eight Warriors|| Popla Cocapetri • Mino Magnus • Tech Kraken • Sol Titanion |
Noble Mandrago • Pegasolta Eclair • Fenri Lunaedge • Heat Genblem
|Mega Man Zero series|
| Zero • Ciel • Mega Man X • Resistance • Dr. Weil • Omega • Elpizo • Dark Elf • Caravan • Neige • Craft |
Copy X • Sage Harpuia • Fighting Fefnir • Fairy Leviathan • Hidden Phantom • Eight Gentle Judges • Einherjar Eight Warriors
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4 • Collection|
|Mega Man Zero • 2 • 3 • 4|
| Zero's weaponry • Zero Knuckle • Chips • Item Box • Cyber-elf (List) |
Armed Phenomenon • Golem • Locations (Neo Arcadia • Resistance Base • Area Zero • Ragnarok) • Pantheon (List) • Variant
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works • RTRZ-Telos Drama Track Translations • Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero
Rockman Zero (manga) • Zero 3 Database • Zero 4 Database • Vile's Incident: Eden dome, its sin and rebirth