The Ray Gun (レイガン Rei Gan), is a rapid-fire laser weapon Axl obtains by defeating Tornado Tonion in Mega Man X7 and Optic Sunflower in Mega Man X8. While the laser shots fired from this gun have low attack power individually, the fast steady stream of energy causes the damage to add up quickly, and the beams are capable of piercing through enemies.
The Ray Gun's speed also makes it ideal for amassing large amounts of combos in enemy trap rooms to earn Metal bonuses in Mega Man X8.
Counterparts to this Weapon
- Volt Tornado from Mega Man X7
- Raijinshou from Mega Man X7
- Shining Ray from Mega Man X8
- Tenshouha from Mega Man X8
- The Super Smash Bros. series also has a laser-firing weapon called the Ray Gun, which is something that Axl equips the player with automatically when used as a Spirit in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Sepelak, Greg (2003). Mega Man X7 Official Strategy Guide. pg.45. BradyGAMES Publishing. (For attack damage.)
- Sepelak, Greg (2004). Mega Man X8 Official Strategy Guide. pg.64. BradyGAMES Publishing. (For attack damage.)
|Mega Man X7|
|List of Mavericks|
|Tornado Tonion • Splash Warfly • Flame Hyenard • Ride Boarski • Snipe Anteator |
Wind Crowrang • Vanishing Gungaroo • Soldier Stonekong
|Mega Scorpio • Mole Bore • Red • Sigma|
|Mega Man X and Axl's Special Weapons|
|Volt Tornado • Splash Laser • Circle Blaze • Moving Wheel • Sniper Missile • Wind Cutter • Explosion • Gaea Shield|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijinshou • Suiretsusen • Bakuenjin • Zankourin • Hieijin • Souenbu • Hadangeki • Gokumonken|
|Crimson Fortress • Highway • Radio Tower • Battleship • Lava Factory • Central Circuit • Cyber Field • Air Forces • Tunnel Base • Deep Forest • Palace Road • Crimson Palace|
|- Zero -|
D Glaive • V Hanger
- Axl -
Copy Shot • Double Bullet • G-Launcher • Ray Gun