- "Oink-wa--! You...You...I'm gonna...I oughtta... Arrghyaaa! WHY, YOU!!!!!"
- ―Ride Boarski, Mega Man X7
Ride Boarski, known in Japan as Hellride Inobuski (ヘルライド・イノブスキー Heruraido Inobusukī), is a wild boar-based Reploid who is a member of the Red Alert syndicate and one of the Mavericks encountered in Mega Man X7.
Ride Boarski was a Reploid of average height with the appearance of a wild boar. His armor was primarily red and white, and he had a mohawk on his head and vents all over his snout. Various motorcycle features covered his body, such as handlebars on his shoulders, exhaust pipes on his hips, and wheels on his arms and legs, allowing him to take on the form of a vehicle.
Ride Boarski was noted for his aggressiveness as he had an an extremely touchy personality, well-befitting the actual nature of a wild boar. He had a great sense of pride, and disliked being lumped in with common thugs or motorcycle gangs. His temper was so out of control, he would go berserk at the drop of a hat, and if given the slightest insult, proceed to run down the target of his aggression. With his fierce, rebellious attitude, there was absolutely no way of reasoning with him, giving the Maverick Hunters little other option than to do him in. Boarski was fiercely loyal to Red, the leader of the group, and incensed that Axl "betrayed" the organization by leaving and joining up with the Maverick Hunters.
Boarski has the following attacks at his disposal:
- Lightning Fang (ライトニングファング) - Boarski charges at the player and attempts to grab and ram them into the electrified fence circling the arena. He is invincible in this state.
- Sometimes, he will become enraged and speed around the arena in a wide arc, releasing a trail of Search Wheels in his wake. Once again he's invincible while doing this, so it is best to just dodge and focus on staying out of his way.
- Search Wheel (サーチホイール) - When standing stil, Boarski throws three to five wheels in the players direction, but unlike the ones he releases while he's moving, these ones home in slightly.
- Laser Rope (レーザートラップ, "Laser Trap") - While stationary, Boarski will activate a trap in the center of the arena that will stretch out three electric beams that rotate counter-clockwise, covering a large portion of the area.
- As an additional hazard, Runnerbombs will spawn on the three platforms outside of the arena and toss in grenades when a character is in range. X's fully charged buster shots or Zero's Z-Saber can pass through the barrier to destroy them.
The upside to Boarski's charge attacks is that they force him into cooldown periods, leaving him vulnerable to attack as he rests. Zero's Bakuenjin is possibly the most effective single attack to use against him, but unfortunately its energy cost is too high to be used repeatedly. Zero can work well in this battle as Boarski will take a decent amount of damage from just his saber strikes alone and his double jump is useful for avoiding many of Boarski's attacks. X is also very effective using his fully charged buster shots at long-range, and Circle Blaze when Boarski is close and resting.
In the Japanese version, Ride Boarski speaks like Bōsōzoku (暴走族). Even in dialogue, X order him to disband his Bōsōzoku. However, he does not consider himself it, even though he called himself "sōchō" (総長, Bōsōzoku's leader).
|Right before charging||Tokkō da!*1 (Special attack!)||特攻だ！||Charge!|
|Charging in a circle||Ora ora ora orā! (One of the kiai or kakegoe)||オラオラオラオラァッ！||Here goes nothin'!|
|Charging directly at opponent||Bukkomu ze! (Smash!)||ぶっこむぜ！||Waaargh!|
|Exhaustion after charging||Buhī, buhī... (Japanese onomatopoeia of a pig's grunting sound)||ブヒィ、ブヒィ…||Urgh, urgh...|
|Launching Search Wheels while standing||Orā! (Here!)||オラァッ！||Why I oughta!|
|Launching Search Wheels while standing||Itte kōi! (Go and come!)||行って来ーい！||Slice and dice, arrgh!|
|Launching Search Wheels while charging||Bucchigiru zē!*2 (I'll win a race by a wide margin!)||ぶっちぎるぜェッ！||You punk!|
|Laser Rope||Ēi! (One of the kiai or kakegoe)||えぇいっ！||Wheeeee!|
|Laser Rope||Baribari dā! (Japanese onomatopoeia of crackling lightning or energy, and Bōsōzoku's shout)||バリバリだァッ！||Woooorgh!|
|Damaged||Buhyō!||ぶひょぉ！||Ugh, no way!|
|Loses significant amount of health||Bukkiiii!||ぶっきィィィ！||Wheeeaah, arrgh!!|
|Knocked down by weakness||Maji yabē!||マジやべー！||Holy moly!|
- 1 Tokkō (特攻) was the official name for the group of Japanese Special Attack Units who would charge their aircraft directly into enemy targets as suicide attacks during World War II. In addition, Bōsōzoku's leading group is also called "Tokkō-tai" (特攻隊, Special attack unit).
- 2 The Conjunctive or noun form of "bucchigiru" is "bucchigiri" (ぶっちぎり). The most famous ateji of this word is "仏恥義理". It is used as one of the "Tokkō-fuku" (特攻服, Special attack uniform) kanji.
X: So you're the big cheese? Ride Boarski: Big cheese?! Arggghhhhmm! How dare you call me that! I'm the Head Honcho, for crying out loud! X: OK, whatever you say. I order you to disband this motorcycle gang! Ride Boarski: Motorcycle gang?! Why you!! You've gone too far! I'll make you pay for this, with a duel!
Zero: Are you guys remnants of the Road Attackers? Ride Boarski: Argghaa! How dare you group us with those punks! You'll get it for this! Zero: Oh, so you must be the Road Riders, then? Ride Boarski: Oink-wa--! You...You...I'm gonna...I oughtta... Arrghyaaa! WHY, YOU!!!!!
Axl: Hey, honcho. I'm here to defeat you. Ride Boarski: Why you!!! Red gave you a home - and this is how you repay him?! You worthless upstart! Axl: Dude, you're breathing's getting heavy. Calm down. Anyway, in a way this is exactly how I'm repaying Red. Ride Boarski: Oink-wa--! You brat! I oughtta take the likes of you and...!! A duel! Just you and me! Yeah!
Ride Boarski appeared in Rockman X7 4Koma Manga Kingdom.
Ride Boarski appeared alongside other members of Red Alert and Mavericks from most of the Mega Man X series games during the crossover Worlds Unite.
- One of Boarski's primary attacks turns him into a motorcycle/vehicle form. This trait is similar to the Robot Masters Turbo Man, Ground Man, and Nitro Man.
- Ride Boarski has a brief appearance in the last issue from Dreamwave Productions' Mega Man comic.
- Ride Boarski may have been inspired by the Crash Roader enemy, that appears in Mega Man X2 and X7.
- The fact that he is based off a wild boar may be a reference to the slang "hog" for Harley-Davidson brand motorcycles. This stems from a tradition of performing a victory lap at motorcycle rallies with a baby pig onboard.
- His Japanese name "Inobuski" is probably derived from "inoshishi" (イノシシ) and "inobuta" (イノブタ), Japanese for "wild boar" and "boar–pig hybrid".
|Mega Man X7|
|List of Mavericks|
|Tornado Tonion • Splash Warfly • Flame Hyenard • Ride Boarski • Snipe Anteator |
Wind Crowrang • Vanishing Gungaroo • Soldier Stonekong
|Mega Scorpio • Mole Bore • Red • Sigma|
|Mega Man X and Axl's Special Weapons|
|Volt Tornado • Splash Laser • Circle Blaze • Moving Wheel • Sniper Missile • Wind Cutter • Explosion • Gaea Shield|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijinshou • Suiretsusen • Bakuenjin • Zankourin • Hieijin • Souenbu • Hadangeki • Gokumonken|
|Crimson Fortress • Highway • Radio Tower • Battleship • Lava Factory • Central Circuit • Cyber Field • Air Forces • Tunnel Base • Deep Forest • Palace Road • Crimson Palace|
|- Zero -|
D Glaive • V Hanger
- Axl -
Copy Shot • Double Bullet • G-Launcher • Ray Gun