Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star (ロックマンエグゼ オペレート シューティングスター Rokkuman Eguze Operēto Shūtingu Sutā) is a game released on November 12, 2009 for the Nintendo DS in Japan. It is an advanced port of the first Rockman.EXE game with some extras, including a crossover with the Shooting Star Rockman series. The game was only released in Japan, having no plans for a Western release.
- The Shooting Star Rockman is playable during and after his events in the plot.
- A multiplayer mode called Rockman Star Colosseum, where the player can use the two Rockmen and Blues.EXE.
- Game modes include "Team Battle" and "vs. Forte".
- Playing vs Forte 50 times allow you to play as Forte in the multiplayer.
- Some changes to the game mechanics, such as:
- Addition of cyberworld maps in the lower screen.
- "Arranged" music. (Echoes were added to the original music tracks, nothing beyond that)
- Voice acting in some parts of the game.
- New mugshots for the main characters.
- A new area with a new boss: ClockMan.EXE.
- Five new Battle Chips (SSRockman, ClockMan V1,V2,V3 and Burai), two new Program Advances (Double Hero 2 and Double Rockman), and changes to the attack value and letter codes of some Chips.
- The invisible paths in ElecMan's scenario now have small dots that flash periodically.
- The player now runs automatically, and holding the B button makes him walk normally.
- The wood, aqua, and heat armors have been removed.
- Like Battle Network Rockman.EXE 2 and later games, players now have the option of fleeing battles by pressing L.
The game has the same story of the original, the only difference being the addition of two events related to the Shooting Star Rockman series:
In the prologue, Harp Note is kidnapped by ClockMan.EXE (a NetNavi able to travel through time by creating warp holes), who escapes to the Rockman.EXE era 200 years in the past. Dr. Yoirī prepares a warp hole to allow the S.S. Rockman to follow them, and warns him that he can only return to his time if he finds ClockMan.
After the battle against ElecMan.EXE, ClockMan captures Roll.EXE, and Rockman.EXE searches for her in the Internet after hearing that a strange blue Navi was around the area at the time. When he sees the S.S. Rockman, Rockman.EXE believes he is the one who captured Roll and fights against him, but later realize that he is innocent and the two join forces to fight against ClockMan. After defeating ClockMan, S.S. Rockman and Harp Note return to their time, and S.S. Rockman gives MegaMan.EXE a program that allows the player to use him and his Battle Chip.
An additional scene was added during the credits showing the Shooting Star Rockman and Harp Note successfully return to their timeline where they are greeted by their friends although Luna was not too fond to see the two of them together.
- Although the S.S. Rockman comes from the time after Shooting Star Rockman 3, the music used in battle and the ClockMan stage comes from the original Shooting Star Rockman game and its sequel.
- Using the S.S. Rockman in battle resemble the combat used in the Shooting Star Rockman series, with Rockman able to use Warrock Attack, Auto Charge Buster, and Shield.
- After the Shooting Star Rockman's scenario, the player is able to talk to him using the lower screen, although it resembles the Humor Sense Navi Customizer program. One of the things Subaru says to Netto is that the people from the past have extremely shiny foreheads, showing Yaito as an example, and playing the same twinkle sound effect from the Rockman.EXE anime.
- Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star is the only Nintendo DS Rockman game that was never released outside of Japan.
- Early copies of the game included limited cover jackets.
- Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star official site (archive)
- Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star on the Mega Man Fanon wiki.
|Mega Man Star Force series|
|Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Luna Platz (Vogue) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) |
Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Dr. Goodall
Pat Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Dark Phantom) • A.C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)
FM King • Dr. Vega • Hollow • Mr. King
|Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
|Mega Man Star Force • Shooting Star Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
|Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • Dealer • Satella Police • Terminals |
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Mod Gear