The story occours within the cyberspace in a place called "Deep Log", which contains game data information and the memories of the players having fun with the games. There is a Deep Log for each game and player in the world, and they have been stored and managed for decades. After all this time, a corruption and other problems may cause some program errors.
The Deep Log from the Mega Man X series, administrated by RiCO, is having unknown errors which are causing data corruptions. It is the job of the "Player" to repair the data and get rid of the errors in order to protect the Deep Log, using Hunter Programs to get rid of the Irregular Data.
The game is going to be a 2D action platformer made with a modified engine from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.
It will also feature co-op, 3 vs 3, PvP, and boss challenge modes.
|Name||Rarity||Property||Active Skill 1||Active Skill 2||Passive Skills|
Charge shot strengthen
|Charge Shot||Seeker Missile||Penetration|
|Ultimate Armor X||S||Type: Balance|
Plasma force field
|Plasma Charge Shot||Nova Strike||Plasma Rushing|
|"Second Armor X"|
Close range weapon
Ranged crowd control
|Bullet Hell||Axl Rolling||Rolling Engine|
Axl Power Up
|Electric Shock Bullet||Burst Bullet||Atrocity|
Close & mid-range
|Green Spinner||Melt Creeper||Motility|
Ninjutsu Mark Two
|Black Arrow||Electric Gun||Advanced Energy Tank|
- "Former Deep Log administrator"
- Ball De Voux Normal Type
- Ball De Voux Shot Type
- Batton Bone
- Crash Roader
- Dig Labour
- Gun Volt
Bosses have Chips that can be equipped on a weapon to allow it to use a skill from the boss alongside the weapon's attack.
|Maoh the Giant||1 (Highway)||Steel Ball Shot|
|Mega Scorpio||2 (Gallery)||Current Razor|
|Rangda Bangda W||3 (Factory)|
Weapons are interchangeable between Hunter Programs. Hunter Programs can be equipped with two weapons at a time, a Main Weapon and a Sub Weapon.
Weapons are classified by types:
- Buster - Long range weapons.
- Saber - Also known as Close Range. Melee weapons.
- Machine Gun - Weapons with high fire rate.
- Sprayer - Also known as Injector.
- Launcher - Also known as Cannon. Has low ammo, but the projectile explodes on impact, damaging all enemies within range.
|Air Vortex Buster||B||Buster||Shot||40|
|Power Spryer||B||Sprayer||Compression Jet||6|
|Mammoth Flamer||B||Sprayer||Flame Jet||30|
|High Speed Rifle||B||Machine Gun||Shot||50|
|Triangle Gun||B||Machine Gun||Shotgun Shot||35|
|Laser Rifle||B||Machine Gun||Beam Shot||60|
|Shadow Buster||A||Buster||Return Shot||20|
|Shotgun||A||Machine Gun||Shotgun Shot||35|
|Aqua Froster||A||Sprayer||Ice Jet||45|
|Masaider Launcher||A||Launcher||Drill Missile||15|
|V Electric||S||Sprayer||Electric Jet||25|
|Poison Spryer||S||Sprayer||Poison Jet||30|
|Beam Machine Gun||S||Machine Gun||Beam Shot||60|
- DiVE’s story of the player going into a digital world as avatars of characters from the series to combat a threat that uses settings and enemies from older games is similar to Mega Man Xtreme’s story, where X sends an avatar of himself into the Mother Computer’s network to stop an unknown enemy from resurrecting old Mavericks.
- Although considered part of the Mega Man X series, Rockman X DiVE incorporates elements from other series as well. Examples include Area H from Mega Man ZX and the Floating Ruins from Mega Man ZX Advent.
- Among the action/platform genre titles in the Mega Man franchise, Rockman X DiVE offers the largest roster of playable characters. Prior to this game, Mega Man X8 had the largest roster, with six playable chatacters.
- Regarding the Mega Man X series as a whole, DiVE also surpasses Mega Man X: Command Mission in this aspect, surpassing the latter's roster of seven playable characters.
- While the number of transformations in Mega Man ZX Advent does surpass the number of playable characters in both DiVE and Command Mission, they're transformations of a single character. In this light, as far as individual characters are concerned, DiVE still offers the largest roster.