Rockman X DiVE is an action-platforming video game in the Mega Man X series developed by Capcom Taiwan for iOS and Android. While mainly focusing on the X series, DiVE features elements from across the franchise including characters, stages, enemies and abilities as the player helps RiCO and ViA fix the Deep Log.
A closed beta test was held from September 12-16, 2019, before the full game was released in Japan and other territories on March 24, 2020. The game is confirmed to be coming to North America.
The story occurs within the cyberspace in a place called "Deep Log", which contains game data information and the memories of the players having fun with the games. There is a Deep Log for each game and player in the world, and they have been stored and managed for decades. After all this time, a corruption and other problems may cause some program errors.
The Deep Log from the Mega Man X series, administrated by RiCO, is having unknown errors which are causing data corruptions. It is the job of the "Player" to repair the data and get rid of the errors in order to protect the Deep Log, using Hunter Programs to get rid of the Irregular Data.
X DiVE features a wide array of characters from the X series as well several other characters from across the franchise. As of launch, Mega Man X, Zero, and Axl from the mainline games are joined by Alia and Pallette, previously playable in Mega Man X8, Vile, previously playable in Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Cinnamon, Steel Massimo, Marino and Ferham from Mega Man X: Command Mission; Cinnamon, Massimo, and Marino are debuting in their first side-scrolling game and Ferham is making her first playable appearance.
DiVE is a 2D action-platformer made with a modified engine from Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. While gameplay is largely similar to that of a typical side-scrolling Mega Man game, certain aspects are changed in that the player can attack enemies from all angles with an automatic aim system (similar to that of Mega Man X7), and rather than a character using their own primary weapons along with Maverick/Robot Master Special Weapons, one has a primary weapon and a secondary weapon, ranging from busters, close combat weapons, rifles, mortars and sprayers. A single stage from a mainline game is split up into five different levels with a boss at the end of each of them, i.e., the Highway Stage from Mega Man X is split up into five chapters. Event Rank is depend on stars; 3 stars: S, 2 stars: A, 1 star: B, 0 stars: C.
Story - The single player campaign story mode missions.
Co-op - Set of missions for 2 or more players at the same time.
Event - Missions where the main objective is to reach a high score in order to obtain rewards.
Challenge - Boss refights.
1v1 Practice - 2 players fight against each other.
1v1 Ranked Match Simulation - 2 players select 3 characters to fight against each other.
1v1 Ranked Match - Same as the above except with a ranking system.
3v3 Combat - A game mode in the Closed Beta Test, where 6 players fight against each other in teams. This mode was removed for the Open Beta.
A Skill, also known as DiVE Trigger, is a powerful skill that can be used once per stage.
Bosses and sub-bosses
Bosses have Chips that can be equipped on a weapon to allow it to use a skill from the boss alongside the weapon's attack.
|Name||Story stage||Co-op stage||Chip|
|Bee Blader||1 (Highway)|
|Maoh the Giant||1 (Highway)||Iron Ball Impact|
|Mole Borer||2 (Gallery)|
6 (Floating Ruins)
|Mega Scorpio||2 (Gallery)||1 (Floating Ruins)||Electric Current Spiral Blade|
|Rangda Bangda W||3 (Factory)||None|
|Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0||3 (Factory)||Steel Armor|
|RT-55J||4 (Air Force)||None|
|Chill Penguin||4 (Air Force)||2 (Cyberspace)||Shotgun Ice|
|Overdrive Ostrich||6 (Floating Ruins)||Sonic Slicer|
|Sting Chameleon||3 (Area Florest)||Transparency|
|Gigantic Mechaniloid CF-0 Jealous-type||Re-taking Candy Factory|
Multiple weapons are available for Hunter Programs, which are divided in five categories: Buster, Close Range Weapon, Machine Gun, Sprayer and Cannon.
|This section requires expansion.|
X DiVE uses voice clips recycled from previous Rockman X games and features no new lines for returning voice actors, with the only new voice actress with new lines being RiCO.
Lines recycled are form:
- X7: Axl, Zero, Black Zero
- X8: Axl, Alia, Pallette, X, Zero, Black Zero, Vile (Goliath Boss)
- Command Mission: Massimo, Marino, Ferham, Cinnamon
- Maverick Hunter X: X, Vile
- DiVE’s story of the player going into a digital world as avatars of characters from the series to combat a threat that uses settings and enemies from older games is similar to Mega Man Xtreme’s story, where X sends an avatar of himself into the Mother Computer’s network to stop an unknown enemy from resurrecting old Mavericks.
- Although considered part of the Mega Man X series, Rockman X DiVE incorporates elements from other series as well.
- Among the action/platform genre titles in the Mega Man franchise, Rockman X DiVE offers the largest roster of playable characters. Prior to this game, Mega Man X8 had the largest roster, with six playable chatacters.
- Regarding the Mega Man X series as a whole, DiVE also surpasses Mega Man X: Command Mission in this aspect, surpassing the latter's roster of seven playable characters.
- While the number of transformations in Mega Man ZX Advent does surpass the number of playable characters in both DiVE and Command Mission, they're transformations of a single character. In this light, as far as individual characters are concerned, DiVE still offers the largest roster.