|For the Mega Man Battle Network series enemy, see Shadow (virus). For the Worlds Collide character, see Shadow the Hedgehog.|
- "X, surely you can tell. I'm stronger now. All due to the power of Supra-Force Metal! I swore allegiance to Epsilon for this!"
- ―Shadow, Mega Man X: Command Mission
Shadow (シャドウ Shadou) is the tertiary antagonist of Mega Man X: Command Mission. Initially an ally Maverick Hunter, he betrays X and Zero, leading them into an ambush and joining the Rebellion Army.
Shadow is a tall Reploid with black and yellow armor. His armor is designed to resemble that of a samurai's, especially his shoulderpads and helmet. He possesses a large beam sword in the place of his left hand, and his back-mounted Savage Tusk of Thunder resembles a sword in a sheath. After his betrayal, he constantly wears a devilish sneer.
Shadow is described as a hot-shot of a Maverick Hunter. Although he appears at first to be a reasonable individual, his true persona is extremely ambitious, and he will backstab anybody he needs to for his own personal gain. Even as Shadow was losing to X and Zero, he showed no remorse for his betrayal, although he was hoping that X and Zero would have joined him in the Rebellion. He is also shown to be somewhat sadistic and violent, frequently making references to cutting people up to pieces, as well as constantly wearing an insane grin. He also seems to have high respect for Epsilon, however, as he reacted angrily to X's accusations of Epsilon being a Maverick, and was fervently trying to defend the Supra-Force Metal from the Maverick Hunters.
Shadow is deployed to Giga City's Lagrano Ruins alongside X and Zero. He claims to know the layout of the island perfectly. After X is separated from the group by a mysterious attack, Shadow and Zero continue on their own. They rendezvous at the top of the ruins, where Shadow betrays them and reveals he has joined Epsilon. The Rebellion cadres appear and try to convince X and Zero to join, but they escape and are separated.
Shadow is next seen when he confronts X and company in the Gimialla Mines. He reveals the existence of a powerful new resource, the Supra-Force Metal, as well as the fact that its power is why he betrayed his comrades for the Rebellion. Despite using the Supra-Force Metal to fight, he is still defeated when Zero arrives and joins the fight for revenge. However, before his destruction, he makes one last attempt at Zero with his Savage Tusk of Thunder, only to be intercepted and countered by Spider, who took the blow for Zero and then finished Shadow off.
Stats and Abilities
|Analysis results for Shadow|
|Analysis results for Shadow|
- He has 46,000 HP total and two phases to his battle when encountered at the Gimialla Mines. The first half of the battle ends after a set amount of time (8 turns), but the second part will not end until he is defeated. The HP will not be entirely depleted until the second part.
- Shadow's attacks include various elemental attacks, though it seems he favors Ice attacks. He also performs a regular slash, Fatal Attack (which cuts about 1/3 of the target's total HP), and Pulverizer Cannon, which takes three turns to charge. The Pulverizer Cannon, like the Preon Pod's and Pressure's charge-up attacks, can be interrupted with enough damage. If the Pulverizer Cannon strikes, it hits for around 7000 damage to all three characters in the party. At this point in the game, the only method of surviving the Pulverizer Cannon is with Axl's "Stealth Mode" or Trickstar Spider.
Confrontation at Gimialla Mine
Shadow: Long time no see, X.
X: Shadow! You're gonna pay for betraying us...
Shadow: Well, X... I suppose you came here hoping to find the Supra-Force Metal?
X: Supra-Force Metal?! What's that?!
Shadow: You know very well. It's an improved form of Force Metal that the Rebellion Army is studying to help all Reploids achieve their ideal! You government lackeys can't have it!
Spider: Achieve their ideal? What is it that the Supra-Force Metal does exactly?
Shadow: There's no need for me to describe the effects. Take me on and see for yourselves!
Shadow: X, surely you can tell. I'm stronger now. All due to the power of Supra-Force Metal. I swore allegiance to Epsilon for this!
X: You sold out your friends for that power? That's some "ideal!" All you Mavericks care about is power!
(Shadow advances, but is intercepted and knocked back by Zero.)
Shadow: You! You're alive?!
Zero: Think you could beat me so easily? Shadow! I've got a big load of payback just for you! Time for round 2! Let's do it, Maverick!
|Vs. Shadow - Round 1||Vs. Shadow - Round 2|
- "He is, after all, just a Maverick Hunter who defected to our side." - Incentas, Mega Man X: Command Mission
|Mega Man X: Command Mission|
|Mega Man X • Zero • Axl • Steel Massimo • Marino • Cinnamon • Spider|
|Chief R • Nana • Aile • Professor Gaudile|
|Epsilon • Botos • Ferham • Scarface • Wild Jango • Silver Horn • Dr. Psyche • Mach Jentra • Incentas|
|Hippopressor • Shadow • Depth Dragoon • Colonel Redips • Great Redips |
Duckbill Mole • Rafflesian • Tails Clan • Ninetails
|Giga City • Lagrano Ruins • Central Tower • Tianna Camp • Gaudile Laboratory • Ulfat Factory • Gimialla Mine |
Vanallia Desert • Melda Ore Plant • Grave Ruins Base • Far East HQ • Orbital Elevator: Babel
|Action Trigger • Hyper Mode •Final Strike • Force Metal • Deployment Center • Sky Room|
Enemies • Item Box • Items • Script