|This article is about the character. For the ability, see Beast Out.|
- "Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... One that is soon to be retired!"
- ―Slash Beast, Mega Man X4
Slash Beast, known in Japan as Slash Beastleo (スラッシュ・ビストレオ), is a lion-based Reploid in Mega Man X4. He is a member of the Repliforce, a group labeled as Maverick due to their wanting independence. He enlisted in Repliforce only to freely exercise his combat abilities, but despite this attitude he showed dauntless courage in battle, fearing no one. During the Great Repliforce War, Slash Beast was put in charge of guarding Repliforce's military supply train.
Power and abilities
Slash Beast possesses excellent hand-to-hand combat skill with his speed and strength, performing high jumps and claw attacks that pair with his combat skill.
- Jump Attack - He jumps and attacks, varying the distance and height. Sometimes he will fall straight down to stomp the target.
- Rush - He charges in the target's direction to attack with his claws. He can also grab his enemy and crash into the wall.
- Twin Slasher - He can shoot crescent moon-like shockwaves from his somersault/invert front-flip kick moves.
- Slash Beast will also defend against attacks after losing half of his energy.
The battle can be easy or hard depending on what character is being played. As X, the Ground Hunter is the best choice. The first hit will break his claws off, disabling his Twin Slasher attack, and any additional strike will cancel his attacks, trapping him in a loop. Zero has his work cut out for him, as he'll need to keep moving to avoid the charges, slashes, and (when his health is low enough) avoid getting grabbed and shaken like a ragdoll. Zero can hit him with Raijingeki if there is a clear shot.
Most bosses show the ability the player will gain during the battle. For X, his Twin Slasher is identical to the energy arcs generated by Slash Beast's somersault kick. For Zero, his Shippuuga comes from Slash Beast's charge attack when at low health.
When Playing as X
Slash Beast: Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... One that is soon to be retired!
When Playing as Zero
Slash Beast: You dared to attack my unit?! I'm gonna enjoy fighting you!
Slash Beast appeared in the Worlds Unite crossover event, in which he and his fellow Mavericks were revived by Sigma and fought against the unified heroes assembled by X, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mega Man.
|This section requires expansion.|
Slash Beast appears in the manga version of X4 as a member of the Repliforce, just as he was in the game. Prior to the coup d'etat, he is seen in a flashback assisting Zero on a mission to stop a dangerous volcanic eruption.
Beast is very ruthless in the manga with little care for his underlings; he murders one of his subordinates when he tells Beast that one of their Repliforce trains had been destroyed by a Maverick Hunter (Zero). After this, X confronts him wearing the Ultimate Armor that he got from Dr. Light's capsule, and Beast confidently replies that he considers X to be nothing more than prey, and that he'll have fun killing him. He lunges at X, who then effortlessly kills him off-panel; the next time Beast is seen, his entire body has been blown to smithereens apart from his right hand, and X says Beast begged for his life before he killed him, which X found ironic since he had so casually murdered one of his Repliforce subordinates moments earlier.
- Slash Beast may be a tribute to Guile and Charlie from the Street Fighter series (like Magma Dragoon is to Ryu, Ken and Akuma). Like them, he is military and his somersault attack is similar to their "Flash/Somersault Kick" special move.
- Oddly, Slash Beast's artwork shows him as orange and yellow, although, in-game, he is brown with yellow highlights.
- Slash Beast is one of two Mavericks in the X series to have two separate battle entrances. In the first encounter, he uses his speed to outrun the train and jumps on it. The second encounter, on the other hand, is just him inexplicably falling from the top of the screen, simply due to the fact that there is no train on the Final Weapon. The other character to have this trait is Dark Mantis, if certain conditions are met in his stage.
- Military Train - His stage in Mega Man X4.
|Mega Man X4|
|List of Mavericks|
|Web Spider • Split Mushroom • Cyber Peacock • Storm Owl • Magma Dragoon • Frost Walrus • Jet Stingray • Slash Beast|
|Eregion • Colonel • Double • Iris • General • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Lightning Web • Soul Body • Aiming Laser • Double Cyclone • Rising Fire • Frost Tower • Ground Hunter • Twin Slasher|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|Raijingeki • Kūenbu • Kūenzan • Rakuhouha • Tenkūha • Ryūenjin • Hyouretsuzan • Hienkyaku • Shippūga|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
| Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) |
Mega Man X4 Script (X's story) • Mega Man X4 Script (Zero's story)