Spade Magnes was originally a Wizard named Magnes, who helped watch over a rocket that he was supposed to pilot into space with his brother, Coil. He has a cheerful, can-do attitude and loves his job. Queen Tia and Jack corrupt him with a Noise Card, making him go out of control, turning him into Spade Magnes, and causing the experimental rocket to malfunction. Though, Mega Man defeats him and turns Magnes back to normal. After that Magnes gets a little emotional and apologizes for the trouble he caused, he just did not want to be worthless, but Mega Man tells him that he is not and he is the best Wizard he ever met.
Spade Magnes is the first boss in the game, and possesses these few attacks:
- Gravity Rocket (グラビティロケット) - He fires two missiles down two rows. The missiles can be destroyed.
- On occasion, one of the missiles will be black, and will induce Gravity on contact. If it misses, it leaves an orb that will induce Gravity on the last panel it passed through.
- Rocket Launch (アクシスジェット "Axis Jet") - Spade Magnes transforms into a rocket form and charges down the row. If he misses, he will attempt a second hit from underneath. This hit will break the panel if it misses. Often used with the missile attack.
- Magnet Sword (マグネットソード) - Magnes disappears, and a 3x3 field of gravity appears in front of the player that will induces Gravity status. Spade Magnes then moves up in front of the player and performs two 2-row-wide slashes, left and right, using his dual swords. This means the panel in front of Spade Magnes will receive 2x damage. The player must block this attack if they do not dodge the gravity field.
|Galaxy Advance||Description||Attack||Element||Battle Cards|
|SpadMgnesGA||SpadeMgnes slices twice max 2 hits||190||FlashStrk1|
|RocktLnchGA||Rush atk w/RocktLnch & GravRockt||370||DrillArm1|
- Spade Magnes is the only boss in the downloadable demo version of Mega Man Star Force 3.
- Perhaps due to an oversight, part of Spade Magnes' official illustration in the Mega Man Star Force Official Complete Works is covered up by his concept art.
|ElecMan • MagnetMan • ThunderMan • FlashMan • SparkMan • CloudMan • BrightMan • JammingMan|
|Crown Thunder • Gemini Spark • Hollow • Spade Magnes|
|Joker (Dread Joker) • Ace (former) • Queen Tia and Virgo (Queen Virgo) • Jack and Corvus (Jack Corvus) • Heartless|
|Spade Magnes • Diamond Ice • Club Strong|
|Mega Man Star Force series|
|Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Luna Platz (Vogue) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) |
Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Dr. Goodall
Pat Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Dark Phantom) • A.C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)
FM King • Dr. Vega • Hollow • Mr. King
|Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
|Mega Man Star Force • Shooting Star Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
|Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • OOPArt • Noise • Dealer • Satella Police • Mobile Terminals • Locations |
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Mod Gear