- "I'm not the smartest guy around, X. But I have a feeling that Sigma is right."
- ―Spark Mandrill, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
- From the instruction manual:
LIGHTING KING OF THE BULLET FISTS
Comes from the same 17th unit as X. Possesses immense strength and a powerful electrical shock attack, but doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed. He has obediently followed by Sigma, his superior, into the rebellion. He has attacked the city's electrical power stations, bringing the city to a halt, and has already taken control. He wreaks whatever damage he feels like, and leaves it to his subordinates to clean up the mess.
Creates high-pressure voltage within the Buster and fires it. If the electric spark hits an enemy or a hard surface it splits in half, ricocheting up and down in opposite directions.
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Spark Mandrill was a Maverick Hunter in the 17th Elite Unit, the same unit as X and Zero, under the command of Sigma. When Sigma initiated his Maverick rebellion, Spark Mandrill followed him out of loyalty.
Spark Mandrill was put to work occupying the Electromagnetic Power Plant, hijacking all energy production and wreaking havoc however he pleased. When confronted by X, Spark Mandrill stubbornly refused to surrender and instead challenged him. He was destroyed.
In the non-canon Vile Mode, Spark Mandrill assumed Vile was part of Sigma's rebellion and was confused by his attack on the power plant. Vile angrily destroyed him, musing that any plan involving X is incorrect.
Note: Attack names are from his original counterpart.
Spark Mandrill's boss fight is nearly identical to his Mega Man X incarnation's. He is deceptively mobile for such a large opponent, and has various ways to still damage X if he is hiding by climbing the walls. However, Spark Mandrill is also still extremely vulnerable to Shotgun Ice and can be easily stun-locked by it.
- Electric Spark (エレクトリックスパーク) - Spark Mandrill punches the ground, sending spark shocks at X. The main difference between his weapon and the weapon X gets is that Spark Mandrill's is more powerful, having the spark balls being larger
- Clinging to the Ceiling (天井にしがみつく) - Spark Mandrill jumps to the ceiling, which has pipes for him to hold on to. He then uses the pipes as monkey bars to approach X, attempting to drop down on top of him.
- Punch (パンチ) - If X is too close to Spark Mandrill, he will punch X.
- Dash Punch (ダッシュパンチ) - If X is far from Spark Mandrill, he dashes and punches at X. Spark Mandrill's right fist turns into a drill when he's below 50% health. This increases the attack power of his Dash Punch.
Spark Mandrill: X... You showed up. X: Spark Mandrill. Do us both a favor and surrender peacefully. Spark Mandrill: I don't think so, X. Oppose me and I'll crush you! X: Sounds like you've gone Maverick. Your time has come, Spark Mandrill! Spark Mandrill: I'm not the smartest guy around, X. But I have a feeling that Sigma is right.
Spark Mandrill: Do you think Commander Sigma is insane, X? X: He's no commander. Not anymore. He's nothing but a Maverick now! Spark Mandrill: Now, X... You never thought that maybe Sigma was right and you were wrong? X: ... Spark Mandrill: I don't like thinking either... Maybe we can find the answer together... In battle!
Spark Mandrill: Vile? What are you doing here? Vile: I should ask you the same question. What are you accomplishing by acting as Sigma's cheerleader? Spark Mandrill: His plan's not wrong. At least... I don't think so... Vile: Any plan involving X is wrong! I'll put a stop to it!
|Mega Man Maverick Hunter X|
|Mega Man X • Vile|
|Zero • Navigator • Dr. Cain|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Armored Armadillo • Launch Octopus |
Boomerang Kuwanger • Sting Chameleon • Storm Eagle • Flame Mammoth
|Vile • Bosspider • Rangda Bangda • D-Rex • Velguarder • Sigma |
X • X and Zero
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Rolling Shield • Homing Torpedo |
Boomerang Cutter • Chameleon Sting • Storm Tornado • Fire Wave
Vulcans • Missiles • Rocket Punches
Cannons • Lasers • Cutters
Napalms • Balls • Flamethrowers
|Armors and Upgrades|
|- Mega Man X -|
Frozen Castle • Speed Devil
|Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Vile) |
Script (X's story) • Script (Vile's story) • The Day of Σ (Script)