- "I've already been infected by the Virus... I'm destined to be retired by you once I become a Maverick, so go ahead, take me down..."
- ―The Skiver, Mega Man X5
The Skiver, known as Spiral Pegasion (スパイラル・ペガシオン Supairaru Pegashion) in Japan, is a Pegasus-themed Reploid from Mega Man X5. He was a young director of the Repliforce air brigade, who survived the Repliforce Incident that occurred during the events of Mega Man X4. Skiver then began overseeing an Air Force base near to the west coast of Norway.
He looked up to Colonel as he questions Zero (if used at the time) as to why he killed him. Also he wants to kill X to avenge General. Skiver held an Orbiter Wing needed for the Shuttle Operation to destroy the Eurasia colony, but because of being in the early stages of the viral infection (and unresolved issues with the Maverick Hunters) he refuses to cooperate and orders to be taken down in a duel.
He flies about and uses his Wing Spiral attack, but can be trapped by Dark Hold, so use this to your advantage. Zero is recommended for this battle, as he can still perform his other skills (that do not require Weapon Energy) when using Dark Hold, unlike X, who is only limited to buster shots when the weapon is in effect.
Nickname: Air Force Prince (エアフォースプリンス Ea Fōsu Purinsu)
Powers and Abilities
- Dash Tackle: (ダッシュ体当たり) The Skiver flies around at high speed to tackle the target.
- Hurricane: (疾風) The Skiver will dash and create an after-image with W-Shredder.
- Wing Spiral: (ウィングスパイラル) Creates a tornado with Wing Spiral.
- Shoryuken: (昇龍拳) The Skiver moves to the bottom of the plane and rises with an uppercut.
When Playing as X
The Skiver: X! I've wanted to meet you... But considering the situation, we don't have time for small talk. Soon, the Reploid Air Force will be destroyed. You may be our only hope... But, you'll have to convince me first... Through battle...
The Skiver: I didn't want to meet you in a situation like this... Not only this airport, but I, too, will be infected by the virus, and all will turn into Mavericks... Therefore, my destiny lies in your hands... Before I've totally lost my mind, please fight me... and make me accept my destiny...
The Skiver: Squawk! Who... Are... You?
X: Skiver... You have also been...
The Skiver: You have killed the General... I'll kill you to avenge his death!
When Playing as Zero
The Skiver: I've wanted to see you, Zero... I wanted to ask you something... My thoughts always come back to the Colonel. I wanted to ask you if the battle between you two was necessary. I'm not accusing you, I just want to know, that's all. I've already been infected by the Virus... I'm destined to be retired by you once I become a Maverick, so go ahead, take me down... I want to fight you for the Colonel... That's what the Colonel would want.
Zero: I understand... But I'll fight you only because this is my mission. Now... let's do it!
The Skiver: Zero! I didn't want to see you in a situation such as this... Soon the Virus will take full control of me... When that
happens, you'll have to retire me. So... Fight me now, Maverick Hunter... I want to fight you for the Colonel... And that's what the
Colonel would want.
Zero: I understand... But I'll fight you only because it is my mission... Here I come!
The Skiver: Iris, who is this guy? Please... ...tell me, Iris. Who is this guy?
Zero: Skiver... You've become one of the Mavericks too...? Iris is gone... I'm...
The Skiver: KILL YOU. I'LL KILL YOU!! I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO ESCAPE!
This is our second shot in the fantasy series. In the previous game, X4, we went for a dragon motif, but as a rule for the X series bosses, fantasy types are not existent creatures, so if it's hard to figure out, it becomes unavailable. Well, I broke that rule again this time. (grin) His attack method was easy to imagine and he looked cool, so I decided on him fairly quickly. The fact that his attack method resembles Eagleed's is because I was heavily influenced by Cyber Mission, which I was making at the same time, so I tried making them similar on purpose.
He's a soldier, so he's in uniform (as is). I like him rather a bit, but I'd still like to rework the wings. When I was drawing this, I was listening to the theme to Captain Tsubasa over and over. [Captain Tsubasa is a classic soccer manga/anime.] Thus we have the wings (tsubasa) link.... I don't know if he'll make the best use of them or not.
- In the English version, The Skiver was named after Guns N' Roses collaborator Michael "High in the Sky" Monroe.
- Based on his words to Zero (if the Eurasia crashed and he is encountered), Skiver apparently knew Iris once (most likely through Colonel). Whatever sort of relationship they may have had then is largely unknown.
- Spiral Pegasion makes a cameo appearance in the Rockman Zero manga.
- The Skiver is the second Maverick based on a mythological fantasy creature, the first being Magma Dragoon from Mega Man X4.
- Right at the beginning of the first inner area in the Skiver's stage, there are several Eagle Ride Armors in the background.
- Skiver has an attack pattern that resembles Storm Eagle's from the first Mega Man X.
- The Skiver's pegasus theme and big wings are similar to Star Force Megaman Ice Pegasus Star Break.
- Attack names from Compendium of Rockman X page 82.
- ↑ Mega Man X Official Complete Works, UDON Entertainment Corp. 2009. pg.51. Retrieved on March 17, 2012.
- ↑ Listed as "Spiral Pegasus" in Mega Man X Official Complete Works.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Rockman Elysium: Production notes about the cast of X5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Capcom Community: X5 Developer/Designer Note translations
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Alyson Court Talks Mega Man X5 Guns N' Roses References
|Mega Man X5|
|List of Mavericks|
| Crescent Grizzly (Grizzly Slash) • Tidal Whale (Duff McWhalen) • Volt Kraken (Squid Adler) • Shining Firefly (Izzy Glow)|
Dark Necrobat (Dark Dizzy) • Spiral Pegasus (The Skiver) • Burn Dinorex (Mattrex) • Spike Rosered (Axle the Red)
|Sigma Head • Magma Dragoon • Dynamo • Shadow Devil • Rangda Bangda W • Zero • X • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Crescent Shot • Goo Shaver • Tri-Thunder • Flash Laser • Dark Hold • Wing Spiral • Ground Fire • Spike Ball|
|Zero's Special Techniques|
|C-Sword • F-Splasher • E-Blade • C-Flasher • Dark Hold • W-Shredder • Quake Blazer • Twin Dream|
| - Mega Man X -|
Fourth Armor • Falcon Armor • Gaea Armor • Ultimate Armor
- Zero -
|Hunter Base • Zero Space|
|Walkthrough • Parts • List of Enemies • Eurasia • Enigma • Space Shuttle|
Damage Data Chart (X) • Damage Data Chart (Zero) • Game Script (X's story) • Game Script (Zero's story)