- "Wave Battle, Ride On!!"
- —Mega Man
|For the form system that shares the name, see Star Force.|
Star Force Mega Man (just Mega Man in Mega Man Star Force 3), known as Shooting Star Rockman (シューティングスター・ロックマン Shūtingu Sutā Rokkuman) in Japan, is the EM Wave Change of the human Geo Stelar and the AM-ian Omega-Xis.
In the games, Mega Man was first formed when Omega-Xis crashed on Earth and met Geo Stelar while he was stargazing. Omega-Xis EM Wave Changed with Geo to stop EM Viruses that hacked a train.
In the anime, Mega Man first formed the day after Geo and Omega-Xis met (although a vague silhouette is seen briefly when the two first collided). The two EM Wave Changed in order to save Luna Platz from a train accident caused by viruses. He does not become Mega Man right away, and he can not become Mega Man unless he "pulses-in" and becomes waves which resemble Mega Man. His main attack is the Mega Buster, which is Omega-Xis' head, and can use Battle Cards.
- Star Force Mega Man is the player's character in the game Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air!.
- Mega Man appeared in the iOS social RPG Rockman ×over as Battle Memory and as the hero that can be rescued in World 5.
- Mega Man makes a cameo appearance in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as one of the incarnations appearing during the original Mega Man's Final Smash.
- In the Nintendo 3DS/Wii U titles, he has a Trophy, whose description is "In the Mega Man Star Force series, young Geo Stelar and his alien partner merge to become the powerful fighter Mega Man. They've saved the planet on many occasions, but very few people know this Mega Man's true identity. He appears as part of Mega Man's Final Smash."
- Meanwhile, in Ultimate, due to Trophies being replaced with the Spirits, Star Force Mega Man reappears as a primary Spirit, being the leveled-up version of the Geo Stelar & Omega-Xis spirit, becoming stronger and gaining the effect Shooting Items ↑.
- This is data for his Mega Man Star Force 3 design.
- Visualize Visor (ビジライズバイザー): The Visualizer has undergone an EM Wave Change. It analyzes and displays information about viruses and EM Bodies, and has Lock-on sight capability.
- Wave-Toss Device (ウェーブトゥース・デバイス): A sensor designed to send and receive EM Waves across short distances. In addition to enabling Mega Man's various parts to communicate with one another, this device also can be used to collect EM Waves in the environment. This EM Energy is used to transform the Mega Buster and Mega Arm.
- It is also possible to collect information about Noise, a force whose presence appears to be steadily increasing. Noise and its effects are an issue must be carefully monitored.
- It's possible it should be translated as "Wavetooth Device" and referencing "bluetooth", a wireless technology that connects nearby devices using radio waves.
- Star Force Emblem (シューティングスター・エンブレム Shooting Star Emblem): The EM Wave Changed form of the Star Pendant given to Geo Stelar by his father. It expresses Geo's deep respect for his father.
- Card Display (カードディスプレイ): Stores Hunter-VG data, allowing players to select a Battle Card for use. After a Battle Card is selected, its data is sent to the Mega Arm.
- Mega Arm (ウォーロックアーム Warrock Arm): The Mega Arm is a vital component of Mega Man's offensive capabilities. In addition to the Mega Buster, which can execute Charge Shots, the Mega Arm can also be transformed into a variety of weapons by using battle cards. The switch to the Hunter-VG as a portable terminal has increases this part's virus busting capabilities, making it both smaller and more energy-efficient.
- EM Wave Change: Allows Geo and Omega-Xis to combine with each other to form Mega Man. In both versions of Mega Man Star Force 3 and the anime, he can EM Wave Change anywhere he wants because of the supposed very "advanced" technology.
- Mega Buster: Mega Man's default weapon. It can rapid-fire normal shots, or fire a single Charged Shot which is multiple times stronger. The exact stats and special effects of the buster depend on the weapon that Omega-Xis has equipped.
- Star Force: During the first game and first season of the anime, Mega Man can borrow the power of the three Satellite Admins in order to power himself up.
- Tribe On: During the second game and second season of the anime, Mega Man can use the OOPArts to gain the power of the Ninja, Saurian, and Zerker tribes. In the anime, the Zerker tribe is the only one used until the final episode.
- Noise Change: During the third game, Mega Man can use the Ace Program or Joker Program to power attune himself to Noise. Over time this allowed Mega Man to become immune to noise when not using the programs.
- Shield: Mega Man can block most attacks with his shield, although any attack with the Break attribute will go through it.
- Mega Attack: Mega Man can lock onto enemies in combat and attack them with close-ranged attacks. Certain forms, such as the Ninja Tribe and Wolf Noise, allow for automatic lock-on under certain conditions.
- Counter: If Mega Man strikes an enemy as it begins to attack, he stuns them for a short time and gains an extra battle card.
- Area Eater: Mega Man uses the Hunter-VG's Wizard On function to allow Omega-Xis to swipe away one or two rows on the battle field.
- Beast Slap: Mega Man uses the Hunter-VG's Wizard On function to allow Omega-Xis to swipe the two rows in front of him, attacking any enemies occupying those panels.
- Battle Card Predation: Omega-Xis consumes a Battle Card and temporarily becomes it. While this takes a short time, skilled foes usually use this to their advantage. This technique and its weakness are removed when Geo begins using the Star Carrier.
- Anti-Hypnosis: Mega Man is immune to hypnosis effects. This trait is inherent to all beings during EM Wave Change.
- Tuning (チューニング): Taught by Crown Thunder. If he focuses, Mega Man can view the EM Waves in every object in the world. When he frequency changes, he can warp into them instantly. He combines this with his attacks for peak performance, using it as an offensive he adds on the name Mega Attack. Later, discovers he can perform Brother Band Tuning by forming a close connection with his friends, which exponentially increase his power.
- Omega-Xis Machine Gun (ウォーロックマシーンガン): Mega Man unleashes a flurry of punches using his Mega Arm.
- Super Extra Large Charged Mega Buster (超特大CRB/ちょうとくだいチャージロックバスター): Mega Man charges his Mega Buster for an extended amount of time to create a Charged Shot that’s many times his size.
- Due to the publishing license for Mega Man Star Force being held by Shogakukan, Star Force Mega Man was not featured in any of the Archie Comics Mega Man series issues. However, a silhouetted figure resembling him does appear in the full page Short Circuits for Issue 55 alongside another silhouetted figure resembling MegaMan.EXE behind X, Zero, Model A, and a Servbot.
- Mega Man appeared in TV Game no Himitsu (テレビゲームのひみつ), the thirty-first book from the Gakken Manga de Yoku Wakaru Series.
Star Force 1 and 2 Design
Star Force 3 Design
- In Mega Man Star Force and Mega Man Star Force 2, Mega Man's entire left forearm is replaced with Omega-Xis' head as a blaster; this does not occur in Mega Man Star Force 3, due to the Hunter-VG's ability to streamline EM Wave Change, allowing Mega Man use of his left hand in exchange for Omega-Xis' ability to fully materialize beside him.
- In the third game, despite Mega Man's left arm being normal, Omega-Xis still talks through it. His hand has two red lines, which are apparently Omega-Xis' eyes, according to the manga.
- In the anime, the name Mega Man was suggested hastily by Omega-Xis when Geo nearly divulged his real name to Luna and Bob Copper. In the game, Geo takes the name himself in response to Luna's question (though the name is likewise inspired by Omega-Xis).
- This makes Star Force Mega Man the only Mega Man to name himself and use it as an alias.
- Unlike other EM Wave Changes, many of Geo's items stay with him when he goes through EM Wave Change, such as his pendant and his Visualizer, EM Wave Changes do not retain items from their human counterparts, aside from Harp Note's guitar. This may be because of the user's deep emotional attachment to them.
- While Geo does retain many of his items, said items slightly change in appearance. (The visualizer becoming the visor, or his pendant sinking deep into Mega Man's armor.)
- His emblem on his chest is in the shape of a shooting star (which symbolizes his name in Japan, Shooting Star Rock Man).
- Star Force Mega Man is the only Mega Man incarnation that features a protective visor.
- Some fans theorize that in the anime, the power of Star Force wasn't the power to transform into the Satellite admins, but rather the ability to transform in general after using the power from another source.
- This might explain why Mega Man is able to transform into other forms, such as the Tribe On, while Yeti Blizzard and Phantom Dark couldn't transform, despite using the energy of the OOPArts.
- This might also be the same in the game, though the power to transform in the first game was simply Star Force, rather than Star Break.
- Shooting Star Rockman 3
- Rockman the Shooting Star manga
- Super Smash Bros.; for 3DS, for Wii U, Ultimate
- Mega Man X DiVE
- Mega Man Star Force 3
- Sentinel's 4-inchnel figure (English box)
- Mega Man Star Force 1 & 2
- Mega Man Star Force 1 & 2
- Mega Man Star Force 3
- Mega Man Star Force 3 menu
- Shooting Star Rockman 1
- Shooting Star Rockman 2
- Japanese manga romanization for 流星のロックマン
|Mega Man Star Force series|
|Geo Stelar (Omega-Xis • Mega Man) • Luna Platz (Vogue) • Bud Bison (Taurus • Taurus Fire) • Zack Temple (Pedia) • Sonia Strumm (Lyra • Harp Note) • Solo (Laplace • Rogue) |
Hope Stelar • Kelvin Stelar • Aaron Boreal • Bob Copper • Dr. Goodall
Pat Sprigs (Gemini • Gemini Spark) • Hyde (Phantom • Dark Phantom) • A. C. Eos (Acid • Acid Ace)
FM King • Dr. Vega • Hollow • Mr. King
|Mega Man Star Force • 2 • 3 • |
Shooting Star Rockman: Wave Change! On Air! • Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star
|Mega Man Star Force • Shooting Star Rockman Tribe |
Rockman the Shooting Star • Rockman the Shooting Star Tribe
Shooting Star Rockman 3 • Shuugeki On-Air!! Shooting Star Rockmeen!
|Battle Card • BrotherBand • Link Power • EM Being • EM Wave Change • OOPArt • Noise • Dealer • Satella Police • Mobile Terminals • Locations |
Wave Scanner • Wave Command Card • Noise Mod Gear