|For his Mega Man Maverick Hunter X incarnation, see Storm Eagle/Maverick Hunter X.|
- 1 Video game appearances
- 2 Other appearances
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Powers and abilities
- 5 Data
- 6 Other media
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
Video game appearances
Storm Eagle is a taciturn, careful strategist and the leader of the Maverick Hunters' 7th Airborne Unit. His first reaction to Sigma's Maverick revolt was to fight against him, but realizing he was severely outmatched, he decided to join Sigma rather than be destroyed. Storm Eagle loyally, yet reluctantly agreed to follow Sigma, and took control of the Death Rogumer, a new class of aerial battleship. X later went to an airport and defeated Storm Eagle aboard the Death Rogumer.
Storm Eagle reappears in Mega Man Xtreme as reproduced boss data from the past protecting the core of the Mother Computer System in the Hunter Base. He is one of the four bosses fought in Normal Mode, alongside Chill Penguin, Spark Mandrill, and Flame Stag. In Extreme Mode, he is one of the eight bosses fought, with the rest of the Mavericks fought in Hard Mode (Wheel Gator, Magna Centipede, Armored Armadillo and Morph Moth).
- See also: Storm Eagle/Maverick Hunter X
- Storm Eagle appears in the remake of the original Mega Man X, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, where in this continuity he is forced to join Sigma's rebellion rather than joining willingly.
- He also has a cameo appearance in Mega Man X6 as an attack by the charged Metal Anchor when used by X, where several metallic copies of Storm Eagle dive diagonally on screen.
- Storm Eagle is a boss from the X Challenge in Mega Man X Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 that is fought alongside Storm Owl, Toxic Seahorse and Metal Shark Player.
- Storm Eagle is an event boss in Rockman X DiVE.
- In Rockman ×over, Storm Eagle is one of the four bosses from World 1.
- Storm Eagle is an unit card in TEPPEN, and is also present in other cards.
|This section requires expansion.|
Storm Eagle first appeared as an event boss, and later as a co-op boss.
Flaming Storm Eagle
Flaming Storm Eagle is a version of Storm Eagle that appeared in the Hatsuyume event in the end of 2020, representing the eagle from Hatsuyume and being fought on a Takarabune themed Death Rogumer. His strategy is similar to the original version, but with more powerful attacks:
- The Storm Tornado is a flaming tornado that can burn the player.
- The dive attack can also burn the player.
- The gust attack releases some flaming feathers that can paralyze the player.
- Instead of releasing eggs with birds, Storm Eagle releases fireballs from his mouth.
When defeated, Flaming Storm Eagle will fly away instead of exploding, wishing a Happy New Year on his first defeat.
Being an air Maverick, he has advantage in aerial combat. Though his Storm Tornado and the wind from his wings only push X, but not damage him, it is used to try and make X fall from the Death Rogumer. The real threat comes from when he dives, as there is little time to react; although, if the player is fast enough, it may be possible to dodge and shoot him from behind. Oddly enough, he can spit eggs, which hatch and release 4 small blue birds to attack X. His weakness is the Chameleon Sting.
Powers and abilities
- Storm Tornado (ストームトルネード) - Storm Eagle shoots this weapon out at X, but it does not cause damage, as it is only a vertical tornado of air. This attack rather pushes X in the opposite direction of Storm Eagle, as he attempts to push X off the Death Rogumer airship. With the Foot Parts, X can dash to avoid being blown off the airship. When defeated, X gains this weapon, but the difference is that X's version damages enemies on the screen multiple times.
- Diving (ダイビング) - Storm Eagle flies off the screen, then would make dive moves towards X with the intention of ramming into him.
- Gust (突風) - Storm Eagle rises to the air and flaps his wings, causing a rush of air to push X back in an attempt to push him off the Death Rogumer airship, similar to the Storm Tornado move. This serves the same purpose as the Storm Tornado. This move is similar to a Matasaburo pushing the player to a pitfall.
- Bird Summon (鳥召喚) - While Storm Eagle is hovering in mid-air, he produces an egg out of his beak and shoots it on the ground, cracking it. From the egg comes four small bird shaped robots that fly towards X. This attack is similar to the enemy Pipi's attacks where robotic birds fly past Mega Man and drop eggs in his direction, that also break open with smaller robot birds flying towards Mega Man.
Mega Man X Stats
Height: 250 cm (8.20 ft)
Weight: 135 kg (298 lbs, mistakenly shown as 275 lbs in-game)
Attacks: Storm Tornado, Diving
In the manga Rockman X, Storm Eagle was a popular Hunter from the 17th Elite Unit, partner and rival of Zero, and had a girlfriend named Teal, a human-model Reploid and Maverick Hunter. After Teal died during a mission in an airplane, despite Zero's attempts to rescue her, Eagle requested a transfer to another unit. Zero never saw him again until Sigma's rebellion, demonstrating his allegiance by attacking his old friend. Eventually, X fights against Storm Eagle in a large airship, severely damaging him to the point of losing his wings. Having recovered from their earlier encounter, Zero appears and stops the fight, revealing that Storm Eagle was just pretending to be a Maverick on the Hunters' behalf. Unfortunately, Eagle passes away from his wounds, expressing regret things turned out as they did. To honor his memory, X and Zero encapsulate Eagle's remains in a rocket full of flowers, sending him off into space. Afterwards, Zero says to X that he envies him for being able to cry in a time like this, as he cannot.
In the Rockman X2 manga, a flashback shows that Sigma retrieved Storm Eagle's damaged weapon and presented it to Overdrive Ostrich, who once served under the deceased Hunter until losing his ability to fly. Enraged over his commander's death, Sigma convinces him to join his forces by saying it was Storm Eagle's dying wish, causing Ostritch to join the X-Hunters. Months later, a furious Overdrive Ostrich fights against X in the desert, but eventually realizes his mistake. As Overdrive Ostrich, suddenly regaining his lost ability to fly, sacrifices himself to stop a giant missile he had previously launched, he and X believe they see Storm Eagle flying alongside them.
Storm Eagle would be seen as a recurring memory throughout the rest of the story, including Morph Moth's illusion.
In the Carddass, Storm Eagle is revived by Dr. Doppler as "Storm Eagleed L" (Storm Eagle L). Storm Eagle is now red with yellow and white details, and has changes on his appearance such as a longer beak and shoulders, and a more detailed head and buster. He dies after fighting X.
In the Mega Mission history from the manga Rockman Remix, Storm Eagleed L attacks X with Burnin' Noumander L (Flame Mammoth L) and Sting Chameleao L (Sting Chameleon L). Initially, X doesn't want to fight them, but he's forced to by iX/Limited to kill them with one blast, leaving only debris.
Storm Eagle later appeared in the Worlds Unite crossover event between the Mega Man comic series and the Sonic the Hedgehog lines, which also featured Mega Man X. He was revived by Sigma through the power of the Genesis Portals and Unity Engines, and later appeared as part of an army that accompanied Sigma-2 as he emerged from the Lost Hex and set his sights on the Sky Patrol. After a brief battle with the Maverick Hunters, Freedom Fighters, and Robot Masters aboard, he and most of the other Mavericks departed for other worlds. Storm Eagle teamed up with Storm Owl and went to the world of NiGHTS into Dreams..., where he faces NiGHTS and is destroyed.
Storm Eagle acts as the commander of the 7th Airborne Unit and was tasked to deal with a group of Mavericks that had taken over an airport. While watching the situation aboard the Death Rogumer, he is approached by X, bearing a battle plan sent by Sigma. Arrogantly defiant, Storm Eagle refused to follow Sigma's plan and attacked X instead. As the pair were fighting, X would quickly become stronger thanks to him gaining new foot parts that boosted his movements. Sigma, having been informed of the situation, personally arrived at the Death Rogumer to reprimand Storm Eagle for his behavior.
Eagle attempted to retaliate against Sigma, but the commander's speed was too much for Storm Eagle, and Sigma quickly cut off Storm Eagle's wings and buster. With Storm Eagle injured, Sigma ordered X to use Storm Eagle's buster instead and take charge of the mission. Later, when Vile escapes his prison and starts a rebellion alongside, Spark Mandrill, Chill Penguin, Launch Octopus, and Sting Chameleon, a repaired Storm Eagle works alongside Armored Armadillo and Flame Mammoth when they believe that X had humiliated Boomer Kuwanger in a previous mission which caused him to depart.
As X is left behind in the Hunters' HQ, Storm Eagle, Armored Armadillo and Flame Mammoth all help Sigma in his naval battle against Launch Octopus. Despite their combined efforts, the trio struggle in their battle against Launch Octopus's Anglerge and Utuboros. After finally defeating the Mechaniloids, the group arrive in Launch Octopus's base, only to find X already present and having defeated Octopus.
Winter soon sets in as only Vile and Chill Penguin are the only rebels left, and the pair take advantage of the season by causing an avalanche and sending a threat to do the same to other towns to the Maverick Hunters. Against their advice, Sigma orders X to face the Mavericks by himself in an effort to help develop X's true potential. When X meets with Zero and learns that Sigma is the true mastermind behind Vile's rebellion, Storm Eagle, alongside Armored Armadillo, Boomerang Kuwanger, and Vile, all attack the pair to try and silence them.
While X defeats Kuwanger, the remaining three quickly corner X and Zero. Storm Eagle is killed when he attempts to summon birds to attack X, but X smashes through them with Storm Eagle's own Storm Tornado, and the attack blasts through Eagle; tearing him to shreds.
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X manual and Rockman X DiVE event stage
- MM25 Mega Man & Mega Man X Official Complete Works
|Mega Man X|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Armored Armadillo • Launch Octopus |
Boomer Kuwanger • Sting Chameleon • Storm Eagle • Flame Mammoth
|Vile • Bospider • Rangda Bangda • D-Rex • Velguarder • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Rolling Shield • Homing Torpedo |
Boomerang Cutter • Chameleon Sting • Storm Tornado • Fire Wave
|Armor Parts • Mega Man X Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X enemies • Damage Data Chart • Script|
|Mega Man Xtreme|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Storm Eagle • Flame Stag • Armored Armadillo • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Wheel Gator|
|Vile • Zain • Geemel • Bospider • Serges • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Storm Tornado • Speed Burner • Rolling Shield • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Spin Wheel |
Hadouken • Shoryuken
|Zero Scramble Programs|
|Dash • Rising • Earth Gaizer • Final|
|Highway Stage • Snowfield Stage • Power Plant Stage • Airport Stage • Volcanic Zone Stage • Gallery Stage • Scrap Plant Stage • Central Computer Stage • Dinosaur Tank Stage • Sigma Stage|
|Armor Parts • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|