I'd like to mention that the Suffering Circuit as source of the Maverick Virus was just a plot concept for the Megaman Zero series in the early planning stages, and could be considered abandoned material, seeing as how it's only referenced as plot concepts and never outright stated in any game or other sourcebook. Megaman Zero Complete Works states this outright(Claiming it might not be canonical) in its section on the Maverick Virus, although I do not know if the same holds true for the Japanese version of the book. 184.108.40.206 21:29, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd put that it was originally caused when the Circuit had errors in it, not that the Virus was in it. It's okay. Zalbaag 21:35, January 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey hey, Zero Collection will have of this and even the Elf-Wars, and our friends at Themmnetworked translateded it for us. Hope this helps a bit. http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/04/09/does-the-rockman-zero-collection-storyline-explain-everything/ Gospel.exe 03:56, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
I don't have much info on the Elf-Wars nor what role the Virus took on when it was going on. Can someone verify (and professionalize) this new info? Zalbaag 16:05, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- I think we also need to discuss the origin of the virus some more, now that it has been revealed (apparently due to a computer virus that was stored, perhaps even unbeknownst to Wily, in the capsule Zero was stored in). On another note, we now know why Zero was sealed away. --Brahman 03:41, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
- So there a possibility Light or someone tried to sabotage Zero? I definitely don't think it'd be Light, considering he was making peace with him when Zero found his capsules. This is intriguing...do you have the site that you found this? We could use it as the citation too. Zalbaag 19:22, April 14, 2010 (UTC)
Merger because of Rockman Zero collection?
In the birth of X section, and the sigma virus outbreak section of the new info from Zero collection, it is revealed that the Evil Energy, Sigma Virus, and Maverick Virus are all the same thing. Can I merge these pages? Rdh288 16:07, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
- That doesn't blatantly say it was the Evil Energy, so I wouldn't yet. --Zalbaag 16:27, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
- "When an incident occured where an unknown computer virus came from space and causes robots to become violent and riotous, Dr. Light completed the battle robot “X” worrying about the future of Earth." What virus came from space and made them violent during the classic series other than the Evil Energy? Roboenza was from Wily, not space.
- "A subspecies of the terrible computer virus from long ago is generated, and begins driving robots mad locally. The human leadership acknowledges these infected robots as Mavericks, and orders them to be disposed of. The source was found to be an unknown computer virus that had prevailed over 100 years ago emerging from the capsule Zero slumbered in. Later, this virus was named the Sigma Virus, after the Reploid “Sigma” who led a revolt against the human leadership." So this virus was put into Zero, and became the maveric virus, fused with Sigma and became the Sigma Virus. Could it mean anything else? --Rdh288 18:00, May 2, 2010 (UTC)
The Rockman Zero Collection official site states that Zero didn't carry the virus it was his capsule, and after the fight with sigma they became infected by the capsule carrying the virus, not because Sigma punched zero's crystal. I would changed it myself but there are a lot of pages with that misinformation: Zero, Sigma, this page, just to name a few. Someone wants to help?? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 18:37, April 29, 2012.
- Anyone? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 02:28, May 30, 2012.
In June 2012, this article was redirected to Sigma Virus, yet so far as I can see, no discussion was had on this talk page whether or not to shut down the page. I'm restoring the content from May 2012 so that discussion can occur.
It appears that good reasons exist to refer to the Maverick Virus and Sigma Virus as distinct entities. One having evolved from the other doesn't mean they need to be described on a single page, if there can be Pikachu/Raichu pages we can certainly manage some separation here. The whole page being named after a former HUNTER of Mavericks seems quite wrong, as it had a distinct non-Sigma existence prior to his involvement. Calling it SV seems like something to note, and a reference to its later activities, and not its initial activities in 1-3.
I think some discussion should be had, and an admin/bureaucrat should be consulted to make the choice prior to merging the articles like that. If it does end up happening again, I would propose relocating this talk page to Talk:Sigma Virus (as it is empty) to retain discussion on the topic. +Yc 05:01, April 15, 2014 (UTC)