Hey everybody, the name's Wiriamu. I not the biggest Mega Man fan-I have yet to play a single one of the games-but I love the style and story of the series.
Mega Man and Me
I suppose I've been aware of Mega Man for some time, but I was never really into it-the original always looked kind of dorky to me. The X series definitely caught my attention, with Zero and X definitely striking me as cool. However, I kind of feel like they should have gone along with Keiji Inafune's plans and cancelled the series after Mega Man X5; after that is when it seems like the series went downhill. I didn't really get into any media until I saw the MegaMan NT Warrior anime on Kids WB, but I quite enjoyed that series.
Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX, Mega Man Legends, and Mega Man Star Force have caught a little of my attention, but I've never really played any of the games. More recently, reading the Archie Comics Mega Man series has helped me develop a greater affection for the look and story of classic Mega Man. I enjoyed the Worlds Collide crossover between it and Sonic the Hedgehog, but Worlds Unite has me a bit bummed-I like the idea, but some of the franchises involved-besides Sonic and Mega Man-don't really thrill me.
- Favorite Robot Master-probably Pharaoh Man; I just love the way he looks.
- Favorite NetNavi-Bass.EXE
- Favorite Classic Character in general-Duo, hands down; I love me a robot powerhouse.
- Favorite X Character-Zero
- Favorite Star Force Character-...don't actually have one; I know very little about Star Force.
- Favorite Battle Network/NT Warrior character-Roll.EXE; I love her design
- Favorite Archie exclusive character-Quake Woman
Apart from liking Mega Man, I'm also a fan of:
- Doctor Who
- Brian Jacques' Redwall series
- LEGO (particularly the late, great Bionicle line)
- Kingdom Hearts
- Star Trek (not a Trekkie, but I like the original series, TNG, DS9, and Voyager all right-but I refuse to acknowledge Enterprise as a valid installment)
- Sonic the Hedgehog-been a fan of the comics for years, which is a large part of how I got to reading Mega Man.