Volt Catfish, known as Electro Namazuros (エレキテル・ナマズロス Erekiteru Namazurosu, "Elekiter Namazuros") in Japan, is a Maverick in Mega Man X3 based on the electric catfish. He has an incredible power generator built into his body, which he used to provide power to cities during times of crisis. Once a playful soul before the virus took him over, he now wreaks havoc at the Power Control Center, siphoning the power off to Doppler's research facility.
- Electric Bullet (電撃弾): Catfish releases an electric ball that travels along surfaces.
- Mine (機雷): Catfish throws out three mines which stick to the wall. He then electrifies them, before sucking them into his mouth and shooting the electricity upwards.
- Body Press (ボディプレス): Catfish jumps, attempting to belly flop on the player.
- Lightning Ball Spread (電撃弾-き撒らし): Catfish jumps to the center of the room and electrifies himself, shooting sparks out like a fountain and protecting himself with a barrier. He finishes by dashing after the player with the barrier.
Mega Man X3 stats
- Height: 171 cm (5'7")
- Weight: 182 kg (401 lbs)
- Power: 8200rp
- Speed: 1600rp
In the Rockman X3 manga, Volt Catfish wreaked havoc by taking control of a city's electricity, but was eventually defeated by X. When he reverted to his original mental state, he began to remember the times when he and X were good friends. Realizing all the trouble that he had caused, he sacrificed himself to return the city's electricity by using his own body as a replacement generator. He makes a cameo appearance in a remembrance scene at the end of the Rockman X4 manga.
Rockman X Mega Mission
Like most of the other Mavericks from the X series Volt Catfish was cloned using the power of the Genesis Portals and Unity Engines as part of an army of Mavericks that appeared alongside Sigma-2. After briefly attacking the Freedom Fighters' Sky Patrol, he and most of his fellow Mavericks departed to invade other worlds.
|Volt Catfish's Intro|
(Mega Man X3, PSX version)
- He and Volt Kraken both have somewhat similarly named weapons.
- In his animated intro sequence on the CD versions of Mega Man X3, a robot similar in appearance to Auto can be seen in the background watching TV while Volt Catfish swims down the pipes. Volt Catfish himself is seen in the TV, making it a strong possibility that Auto is watching the intro live as it is happening.
- If X has the Z-Saber, he can use it and knock out one of Volt Catfish's circular electric shields, reducing the power of his charge attack.
- Volt Catfish is one of the six Mavericks of the X3 chapters of the Rockman X manga to survive and reform. Catfish also had a tendency to make really bad puns involving electricity and random objects like macadamia nuts. Unfortunately, a lot of these puns do not make sense in English since they use Japanese words.
- His Japanese name "Namazuros" is derived from "namazu", Japanese for catfish.
|Mega Man X3|
|Toxic Seahorse • Tunnel Rhino • Volt Catfish • Crush Crawfish • Neon Tiger • Gravity Beetle • Blast Hornet • Blizzard Buffalo|
|Maoh the Giant • Vile MK-II • Bit • Byte • Godkarmachine O Inary • Press Disposer • Volt Kurageil • Dr. Doppler • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Acid Burst • Tornado Fang • Triad Thunder • Spinning Blade • Ray Splasher • Gravity Well • Parasitic Bomb • Frost Shield|
- Other -
|Hunter Base • Giant Dam Stage • Quarry Stage • Power Control Center Stage • Shipyard Stage • Safari Park Stage • Airborne Aircraft Carrier Stage • Weapons Factory Stage • Frozen Town Stage • Vile Stage • Dr. Doppler's Laboratory|
|Armor Parts • Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X3 enemies • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|